It may not be reinventing the wheel..

... but we need these at the moment. 

Tee shirts.  But of the 3/4 sleeve variety.  And actually something that's a little more than a tee shirt.  A half way house between a tee and a jumper.  

So maybe we are reinventing something... A Tumper.   They can actually be long sleeved, they just need to be not too thick.  The perfect layering top. 

And more importantly, the top we need at the moment as WHERE HAS SUMMER GONE?  We're off on holiday next week and I need to massively rethink what I'm going to be taking.  As the weather looks average.  By average I mean rubbish.

Whilst I've just done an order for some Summer dresses that I had on the blog the other day - and they'll definitely be coming with me to wear with jackets, I fear it was slightly ambitious ordering the tees and sleeveless tops as well.

Longer sleeves are what we need right now.  We can layer them over vest tops or wear them on their own.  They're not going to take you out for dinner but as an every day throw on with jeans, joggers or harems in the evening (as in - on the sofa in the evening, not out out), these are essential purchases.  Whilst at this time of year we would normally be simply packing tee shirts, this year we're going to need more coverage. 

You've probably gathered, I'm going away in the UK (same trip as every year!) - if you're heading off to sunnier climes you can fast forward this page.  Although to be fair, they are amazing for throwing in a bag for on the airplane if it gets chilly and a throw on after a tad too much sun (only me?).  Or for wearing this week and the week after you get back as alas, the weather does not look like it's improving.

The one that I've ordered is the white linen tee from hush which I tried on when I went to their pop up shop.  I tried on the Medium so ordered it in a small as it does come up large and I don't think it should be too oversized.  But each to their own.  It's the perfect throw on with jeans under a blazer or biker jacket for every day holiday ease.  I sort of think I should have ordered more colours...

L/S Raw Edge Tee from hush in white £45




They also do them in a grey marl £45




Similar in navy at Whistles £65.00







Sneaking in with an ever so slightly shorter sleeve at Boden. 

Relaxed Linen Tee from Boden £34.50 available in a gazillion (ish) colours online.



Genius idea from The White Company who have clearly realised Summer is a distant dream for the majority of the season and they've brought out a double layer version which is two tops in one.  Layer or wear separately.  Very clever and the perfect item for your suitcase.

Linen Double Layer Scoop tee £69



Now they call this a jumper but it's a linen/cotton mix and I would say is definitely more of a long sleeved tee than a sweater type thingy.......

Linen Blend Pointelle Jumper from M&S £25



And in the pink again £25



And this is a tunic but again, it serves the same purpose as a long sleeved top and is ideal if you're looking for something looser with a v style neck.

Softly draping linen tunic from La Redoute £27 in blue (excluded from any offers unfortunately).


The green is also a lovely Summer shade - perfect with denim, whites, navys and blacks.



But my find of the day has to be at La Redoute.  These look fantastic and even better - if you use the code HEAT you get an extra 25% off.  (I would try and use it elsewhere too...bar the tops above which state no discount.  Bum.)

Pure Linen long-sleeved top in cherry pink £17



And good old black....£17 again at La Redoute



And the navy 



So there are lots of options to choose from - I can't recommend stocking up enough.  Are you a fan of the linen long/mid sleeved tee?  I just find them easier to wear than a generic cotton top.  Don't ask me why - I've always been a fan.  I think it's the texture, the drape, the non ironing aspect (hang on a dryer - don't tumble).

If I look back through the tees that I've had year in, year out, these are the ones that I still have.  They definitely last the test of time. 

I'm not going to mention the rubbish weather but suffice to say, I have been getting more wear out of the shearling that I got in NY than I ever thought I would in MAY.  *weeps*.  Not to mention, still wearing the cashmere...


Untitled 


Cut off jeans - Rock & Republic
Navy Shearling gilet - Helmut Lang
Superstar sneakers - Golden Goose
Red Soho Disco bag - Gucci

And out on Friday night.  One of my favourite outfits from forever.  Back to my favoured classic combo of jeans, a top and jacket.  Couldn't be bothered with any fake tannage of the legs but think the cream silk shirt and jacket make it a summery enough outfit.  Lovely dinner out.  Oh and I rediscovered an old Marc Jacobs necklace that I'd forgotten and LOVE.

Untitled

Cream silk blouse - hush

Cream fray crop jacket - hush
Phoebe jeans - MiH
Gold block heel sling back shoes - Topshop
Tan De Manta Clutch - Alexander McQueen
Charm necklace - Marc Jacobs

So I am off now to track down the Rixo dress from the other day that had sold out at Wolf & Badger and at the very least, see if I can find some worthy comparisons.  Watch this space.  I have spent all day researching garden furniture.  DEAR LORD how expensive can it be?  Considering we get to sit out on it a handful of times a year, I am not spending £10k on some table, chairs and sofas.  Have decided to visit a Rattan Warehouse which a friend recommends in Essex on our way to our hols on Saturday.  If anyone else has some bargain recommendations, please do share...

Share this:

CONVERSATION

23 comentarios:

  1. We used Moda for garden furniture after the prices on John Lewis and the like scared me to death. Good quality and the service was good - https://www.modafurnishings.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! will check them out xx

      Delete
  2. I hear you on the garden furniture!! If I win the lottery I am definitely getting this though http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/farmer's-cottage-rotating-sphere-lounger/p231124973?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_2#page_loaded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In. My. Dreams!! (and one of my kids would no doubt break it anyway..!! Just as well we can't afford it!)

      Delete
    2. Haha! I have daydreams of me sat in it drinking prosecco but in reality id be constantly dodging footballs and other toy paraphernalia being thrown at it... Oh well I'm still dreaming and as soon as I win lottery, this pod will be mine!!! Ahahaha (evil laugh)

      Delete
    3. And the dog? I can foresee the dog monopolising it....!!

      Delete
  3. I'm in love with trip traps garden furniture, but it's not cheap! Buying at the end of the season can give good discounts, but if you need it now.......
    Danish Pastry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I need mine NOW! AGH (I haven't seen that in the uk..!)

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, lovely linen tees. I do like linen, I have a few linen knits for this time of year too. I will check out La Redoute, I haven't used them in years but I do remember their linen/cotton stuff can be good. I have a very old pair of linen, harem-ish trousers that I wear every summer from there. Too cold at the moment, though, I have just washed some cashmere jumpers for the not summer weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get anything last time round with their offers and I'm ok on linen tops but they look fab don't they?!

      Delete
  5. Love these tops, but do you know if the La Redoute ones are see-through? I find so many summer tops are, which kind of defeats the object as you have to double up on layers when it's warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Defo love layering options as I'm always cold! Going to get la redoute linen tops ...great value so won't cry if they get left on the beach or smeared in baby food! Try http://m.maisonsdumonde.com/UK/en/mobilier-decoration-jardin.htm for garden furniture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Secret are told only to the people who are ready to be part of the waves,
    winning the lottery is divine, but you have to strive to all the perfection
    to win the lottery, winning the lottery is one of the best thing in life, i
    am a lottery winner, but before i fall into the light , i have some very
    bad experience in playing the lottery, because my life was at stake, then
    lottery seems to be the only means that come into my head, i played the
    lottery steadily over 3 years , but i could not win more than $600, but i
    always see people winning millions of dollars, so with that i extended my
    search for victory , then i found Dr.Fabo a powerful voodoo Dr. who
    promise to help me win the lottery. Although i was directed to him by one
    successful old lottery winner who i trust and look up to for secret behind
    winning the lottery, i contacted Dr.Fabo and he did his normal work for me
    and finally i won the lottery,$35,000,000.00. I am happy today because i
    am a millionaire, and every mature minded human should use this method to
    win the lottery as well. contact
    :http://drfabospelltemple.wixsite.com/website, and Email:
    Drfabospelltemple@gmail.com. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dr kuratu is a very genuine spell caster and a very unique and a powerful man of wisdom. i am a lottery winner, but before i i started winning , i had some very bad experience in playing the lottery, because my life was at stake, then lottery seemed to be the only means that came into my head, i played the lottery steadily over 3 years , but i could not win more than $500, but i always see people winning millions of dollars, so with that i extended my search for victory , then i found Dr.kuratu a powerful voodoo Dr kuratu who promised to help me win the lottery.i contacted Dr.kuratu and he did his normal work for me and finally i won the lottery,$25.000000.00.This spell changed my life into riches. I am now out of debts and experiencing the most amazing good luck with lottery after i won that huge amount of money. I have more luck now than I ever had in my life..you can contact him for you own lottery number. contact Dr kuratu via email:kuratuspelltemple@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HELLO!!!!!
    I am Racoba Sly, When I eventually found testimonies about this spell caster Dr.OGUDUGU, how he helped many people to get their lovers and broken homes back, i contacted him through his email address greatogudugu@gmail.com because I was absolutely desperate to get my wife back. Life without my wife was a real mess for me and my children. i wanted a dramatic change and I thought magic could be the solution. After discussing the resolution with Dr OGUDUGU, he gave me hope that he will restore my marriage. I felt confident that he will actually make my wife to return home and he did! It’s fantastic what this great spell caster have done for me, his help is priceless! I don’t know what I would have done without Dr.OGUDUGU he does his job so well he is organized and highly functional, i believe he is the best spell caster i can count on when it comes to all kinds of spell, I was floored that his spells worked, if you need help, contact him on greatogudugu@gmail.com or website http://greatdrogudugusolutiontemple.webs.com/
    Call him (+2348142250751)

    HE FIX THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS TO ALL
    ACROSS THE GLOBE ON:
    1. Getting your lover or husband back
    2. Spiritual bulletproof
    3. Training
    4. Money spell
    5. Long life spell
    6. Prosperity spell
    7. Protection spell
    8. Get a job spell
    9. Becoming a manager spell
    10. Get a huge loan without paying any fee spell
    11. Getting your scam money back
    12. Child spell
    13. Pregnancy spell
    14. Freedom spell
    15. Love spell
    16, vanishing spell
    17. Invisible human spell
    18. Success or pass spell
    19. Marriage spell
    20.Lottery/lotto winning
    THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!! This is my testimony on how i won £20,100,472 on Mega millions lottery, The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how i win the lottery. I am a woman who believe that one day i will win the lottery.finally my dreams came through when i email Dr Akhigbe and tell him i need the lottery numbers. i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never know that winning was so easy until the day i meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell with winning numbers, I contacted this man and he did the spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out i was among winners. i won (Twenty million,one hundred thousand,four hundred and seventy two pounds) This man is a very strong voodoo doc who gives out the numbers that can never fail. Dr. Akhigbe truly you are the best, with these man you can win millions of money through lottery. Email him via his email akhigbespellhome@gmail.com for easy communication WhatSAP him+2349035428122

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi everyone, I am Emily Payne, From Las Vegas, Nevada , USA. I am using this medium to say a big shout out to the amazing Dr. Okija, the great African Magician who helped me win a mega lottery ticket of $3,000,000.00 million US Dollars. After Dr. Okija cast the Lottery spell for me, I felt enveloped by the control of the spell and i got the lucky numbers. This spell change my life into riches. I am now out of debts and experiencing the most amazing good luck with lottery after I won this huge amount of money. I have more luck now than I ever had in my life. I won $3,000,000.00 million US Dollars. Dr. Okija, your Lottery spell made wonders in my life, I can't believe it. Thank you so much Doctor for dedicating your time to cast this amazing spell for me. I am eternally grateful to you Dr. Okija for what you did for me. You too can be a winner today in the Mega millions Lottery by contact Dr. Okija right now on his email address:
    dr.okijaspellshrine@hotmail.com

    Thank you everyone for this great opportunity to share with you. #Stay bless!

    ReplyDelete

  12. Hey guys, I'm so excited to share my TESTIMONY ON HOW Prophet EFE (GREAT SPELL CASTER) HELPED ME TO WIN A LOTTERY. I am Micheal . I won Euro Millions Millionaire Raffle prize of 1,000,000 on Dec 2016, I took an advice from a person who talked about this great spell caster on the internet, the person placed a testimony on a blog saying how this prophet helped him win the lottery by sending him the winning numbers , I was curious and I thought it was all joke not until I contacted this spell caster to know for myself how this works because I had spent alots buying tickets and I never won. I contacted him and he told me the necessary things needed to be done and I did just as he said and he told me to wait for just 3 days, on the 3rd day he gave me the winning numbers to play the lottery which i did, Can you believe my name was the first among winners. He told me my son all i need you to do for me is make sure that you share this testimony to others in need of help so that they can also win the lottery. I am sharing this testimony with everyone who needs help to win lottery. Contact this great prophet through his email address efepowerfultemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on whats-app: +2347081602438 .for any marital problems so he said.thank you Prophet Efe i own you my life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is indeed true that lottery spells are real for more than 4 years i have been active in playing the state farm lottery amongst others and had only won once and it was a small win. I came across posts of how spell casters help with lottery wins and i decided to give it a try but still no luck until a friend gave me the email address of Dr Zadson just 6 months back after i contacted him i was given some instructions and i adhered to them and in the last 5 months i had won over $7,000,000.00 in all on several occasions and this was too wonderful a miracle to be quite about and i decided to tell the world of this great ambassador. Contact him with details below for immediate and active lottery spells and have your own testimony
    Email : eduduzadsontemple@yahoo.com or +1240-892-4311

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you have to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Get your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Juanita Melanie,Monday, 02 October, 2017

    Hello every one out here
    I'm Juanita Melanie, I'm from USA, I have be married for nine years my husband and i where living happily and just two months ago my husband meant his ex girl friend whom he had in school days and all of a sudden he started dating her again and he never cared about his family again all he does is to stay late at night and when he come's back he will just lie to me that he hard some fault with his car,there was this faithful day i caught the both of them in a shop,i walked to them and told the girl to stay of my husband and when he came home that evening he beat me up even despite the fact that i was pregnant he was just kicking and warning me to never point a finger on his girlfriend again,i have suffered too much in the hand of a cheating husband but thank to Dr iayaryi whom i got from a blog site after a long search for a real spell caster i was so happy that he fulfilled all what he said in just less than three days after the spell was cast they quarreled and he broke up with the girl and his senses are fully back and he now care and love me like he have never done before and if you are their suffering from a broken marriage or your husband or ex cheats? you can email (driayaryi2012@hotmail.com) his spells are pure and very powerful without any doubt. And also Reach him on WhatsApp Number: +2349057915709 Thanks Dr. Iyaryi (driayaryi2012@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!!!! This is my testimony on how i won £20,100,472 on Mega millions lottery, The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how i win the lottery. I am a woman who believe that one day i will win the lottery.finally my dreams came through when i email Dr Iyaryi. and tell him i need the lottery numbers. i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never know that winning was so easy until the day i meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell with winning numbers, I contacted this man and he did the spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out i was among winners. i won (Twenty million,one hundred thousand,four hundred and seventy two pounds) This man is a very strong voodoo doc who gives out the numbers that can never fail. Dr Iyaryi truly you are the best, with these man you can win millions of money through lottery. Email driayaryi2012@hotmail.com And also Reach him on WhatsApp Number: +2349057915709 Thanks Dr. Iyaryi

    ReplyDelete
  17. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Get professional trading signals sent to your cell phone daily.

    Follow our signals today & gain up to 270% daily.

    ReplyDelete