High Street Highlights

Challenge time... I was home alone yesterday - the husband was at the rugby after having had a weekend away (4 days...!) last week with his friends in Northern Ireland, so my thoughts have obviously turned to holidays.  

First time away is at Easter with the family in Suffolk and I am dreaming of warm balmy evenings (do not disabuse me of this notion...!).  So I think a new little dress is on the cards for sure. 

But I am conscious that I've been buying up investment gems in the sales and it's time to turn my attention to see what finds we can snap up on the high street (and ASOS...!). 

This one - acknowledging that Spring doesn't usually nudge the mercury above 10 degrees....

Tiger Print Midi Dress from Warehouse £42




More animal print... 

Sister Jane Midaxi Dress in dalmation print with mxi volume sleeves £72




Ruched Detail Flower Dress from Mango £59.99





Midi Printed Dress from Mango £59.99




Animal neon wrap at ASOS DESIGN £38 

Now there isn't a huge split, Angeline Jolie style in this, can I reassure you... it's just that she's got her leg shoved out of the wrap style.  Random and possibly appealing to some - not so much for me.  If you click on the link, you can see that it really is a gorgeous, wearable dress. 


ASOS DESIGN pleated animal print maxi with coconut buttons £38



Black Floral Dress from New Look £29.99




Pull & Bear Ditsy Print Dress £29.99


ONLY Geo button through dress £45




Horse Coin Midi Dress at Topshop £49





YAS print shirt dress £89  Now this is a longer length and it is slightly on the more expensive side, but I think this is so so versatile.  Easy to wear to work with ankle boots or any smarter shoes that take your fancy.  Throw on with trainers or chunkier boots and a biker.  Wear with a blazer and heels to a wedding.  Or undo a couple more buttons and it's the perfect Summer dress with sandals. 



And again slightly more expensive but a dress that will work for every occasion. 

Opal Print Tea Dress from Monsoon £99




And another - again will work with anything from a chunky hiker boot to a dainty strappy sandal. 

Natalie Print Midi Dress from Monsoon £99




This one I think would work with cowboy boots as opposed to a chunkier DM style version.  There's something slightly more delicate about it that I'm not sure is hiker friendly.  But a cowboy boot in a lighter shade, I would definitely advocate. 

Liquorish Kimono Style Dress £55




Lost Ink Maxi Smock Dress in Stripe £50






And then we're onto the maxi.  We're onto the full length flowing numbers.  These don't look the most wearable if you're not fully invested and I totally get it.  But once you've tried them, I promise you'll struggle to wear anything else.  Trust me...

Floral print dress from Mango £69.99





Printed Chiffon Dress from Mango £69.99




Black Maxi in the sale at New Look was £30 now £20





And full on gown.  Oh I LOVE a gown. 

Embossed flower gown from Mango £79.99




And a super one that you can throw on for every day dress down with trainers and a biker.  Honestly, this is the Sunday dress of dreams.  Confession time... I see this as the equivalent of basically wearing a huge nightie out.  There.  I've said it.  But trust me... it works.

Ichi Floral Maxi Dress was £60 now £40



And here I am in last year's dress that I bought from ASOS, made Spring appropriate with a knit over the top. 



Dress - ASOS (ss18)
Jumper - Reiss (gift aw18)
Trench - Acne Studios (sale 2yrs ago)
Boots - Marc Jacobs for Dr Martens at My Theresa (current)
Bag - YSL from Selfridges (aw18)
Sunglasses - Chloe from Very Exclusive (2yrs ago)

I will be back tomorrow.. with boots I think.  Or I am on a random trouser hunt - something to wear in lieu of jeans.  And blouses.  To go with the trousers.  That I don't have... I'll be back.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

6 comentarios:

  1. If you are looking for elegant beaded dresses, then visit Zmilelee. Zmilelee is one of the best international clothing store offering worldwide shipping of evening dresses and designer accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Long Gown

    Shop Now
    https://www.meemfashions.com/designer-women-wear/salwar-suits/pakistani-salwar-suits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple Fantastic Gown!Hi my friend! I wish to say that this post is awesome, nice written and come with approximately all significant infos. I’d like to see more posts like this .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    What fantastic dresses! you bring the dresses which are looking very comfy. You represent dresses with style and comfort. It could be better along the dresses if you put accessories also, it will be more appealing. Is there any link to buy these dresses. I’d like to see more posts like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful collections http://bit.ly/2IQJdxr

    ReplyDelete