If you thought jeans couldn't get worse.....


....oh do I have a treat for you.  Suffice to say I'm on my way to rethinking the purchase of boyfriend jeans and am heading for straight legs rolled up (which I've been doing for the past 5 years anyway - there was perhaps method in my madness) and men's jeans (after all I do remember saving up for and loving my Levi's 501s more than life itself).


However as a trooper for the cause, I am persisting.  And I have the photographic evidence to prove it.  

H&M this time - a work trip to London ending with a rather wonderful (and long) lunch with one of my oldest friends who's over from the US.  As an interlude here, shopping in Covent Garden at 10am is one of the most fantastic shopping experiences ever.  You feel like royalty.  Empty!  Completely and utterly empty.  In H&M after 10 mins of wandering around the ghost shop, a Sales Assistant emerged and I asked if they were actually open yet.  Pure and utter bliss. 

So without further ado, let's get on with the hilarity. 

These are what they should look like. 




And here they are on me.

Firstly in my size.  As bad as they look on my behind here, I will admit that these photos don't do the monstrosity of the situation justice.  Horrific.  It looked like my bum was landsliding down towards the back of my knees. 


Untitled



Untitled


And this is the size bigger.  Comedy jeans.  They actually come up on the generous size anyway so to go up a size wasn't the best idea I've ever had, but in the interests of research.... They didn't have the size smaller or I would have tried that, but I think that the issue would have been they were then too tight on the calf.  And again, I don't have particularly meaty or muscly calves.  


Untitled
Untitled

BUT.  But but but.  I will say that I think I may have sussed that the issue with these in particular for me is my lack of a behind.  The denim is a lovely soft worn denim, there is a choice of leg length and if you search through, there are some different shades of wash as well.  The larger size I tried on was pretty much the perfect level of worn and the ideal length.  I just need more buttocks.

So if you are less of a straight up straight down gal, then I would actually say it might be worth trying these on.  Hopefully not a complete waste of time therefore.  And in the meantime, we can all have a good old smirk at how utterly horrendous I am able to make jeans look.  

If you do try them or have tried them PLEASE do let me know, as I'm sure it would be of assistance to others with different figures who are looking. 

On the upside, I am very happy to report that it wasn't a wasted journey by any stretch of the imagination.  I have a great post to do on some basics that I located and much more excitedly - new boots! 

Firstly, can I justify it by saying that on leaving the house that morning, we were knee deep (ish) in snow.  So I had on my ever practical but hardly glamorous Mardy Cat boots.   In London - not a flake.  Not a penny sized puddle of slush.  And I am booted to tackle Everest.  Surely the only thing a girl can do is buy new boots?  

It so happened that I was tentatively thinking (ie planning) on buying some tan suede Ash style boots for the Spring.  Lo and behold, in Zara, one pair left in my size of a greige (a great colour and honestly not a made up word - we have the world of interiors to thank for conjuring it up I believe - a mix of beige and grey.  Slightly more beige than mushroom) suede cowboy style boot.  In the sale. 

And here they are


Untitled



Finally here I am - I will admit, ever so slightly worse for wear...... Absolutely pap photograph but gives the general idea.  Wasn't remotely late, hence the 8 yr old photographer was still up. 


Untitled


Black and white longline vest - Eden
Black thin knit jumper - Cos
Distressed biker jeans - By Malene Birger
Grey military coatigan - 3.1 Phillip Lim
Greige suede ankle cowboy boots - Zara
Black pocket bag - M&S
Cuff - Hultquist
Mustard and fuchsia scarf - M&S


I am now away for the weekend for my birthday but will be back on Sunday night.   The Husband is in charge of doing the photos.  It will be interesting.......

Share this:

CONVERSATION

23 comentarios:

  1. Love the Zara boots Kat and I hope you have a fabulous weekend:) Happy Birthday!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Sending you birthday wishes and the Zara boots were a fabulous sale find, well done! Your black M&S bag looks great too! Don't give up on the jeans hunt-it's a pain but I'm sure you'll snare the perfect pair very soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great birthday weekend. The M&S bag is on its way here - looks great. Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the H&M boyfriend jeans a couple of days ago and I adore them. Great colour, perfect length, I do have a bottom and I'm normally a size 32 in jeans. The 32 was way too big, I went down to a 31 which has just the right amount of slouch. I think you are right, they don't necessarily suit a straight up and down figure. Have a great birthday!

      Delete
  4. LOL! I don't envy your hunt for well fitted boyfriend jeans. You did well with the boots! Lucky you. Personally, I think you look fab in skinny jeans. Wish I have your long legs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My body is very much like yours and the best boyfriend jeans I've found is the Diesel Ronhar. Go up a size or two for the perfect slouch effect.

    Looking great, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have decided boyfriend jeans are not for me either. Like you I have a small bum which I am grateful for in all other clothing but this style is not for me. You look great as always, the Zara boots are a good find.sara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious - but you reminded me of the 501s! I actually stole some off my then boyfriend as they were PERFECT - much better than the boyfriend himself - they were well worn, comfy and fit wonderfully - they seemed so crazy expensive back in 1988! I can get them for $20 over here these days! Happy Birthday for this weekend - I'm off with the girls tonight so we will have a drink for you:) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. I have no bum either - a physio once kindly told me my glutes were so weak it's a wonder I can run:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat, well done for not giving up! Inspired by your previous blog, I got my hands on a pair of Gap 1964 Sexy jeans. I do have a bum, there's a fair amount of junk in my trunk, and they looked hideous on me. I am going to keep hunting and will let you know if I strike gold. Kat X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Kat ! No, your bum doesn't look 40 ! The m&s bag looks great. Can't wait to see what boyfriends jeans you get. Have a lovely weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a huge lover of H&M jeans as, like you say, they come in a huge range of lengths, washes and styles hence they are my go to store when I need a new pair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday.. may you find your perfect pair :)

    Greetings from Dubai!
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ωaѕ recommended thіs website by mу соusin.

    I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You're
    wondеrful! Thаnks!
    Also visit my web page : http://nijabeautyandhealth.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-to-grow-relaxed-hair.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thаnks for sharing your thoughts. I reallу аppreciate your effoгts and I аm waiting for yоur next post
    thankѕ once agaіn.
    Here is my blog post :: different diet pills

    ReplyDelete
  16. Warehouse calls 'them' a distressed, slouched skinny, instead of boyfriend jeans.

    They are fricking AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Try Next Relaxed skinnys. I had to size down too which is always a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a huge bum so don't have the same problem! Love the M&S bag. Hope you have a fab birthday. I was the big 40 last February and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be and I had a fab time celebrating so hope you do too - Ant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have you tried looking out for chino style boyfriend jeans? They seem to work better for me - think the front pleats add a bit of volume but in a flattering way (if thats even possible....?)
    Something like these (dare I link???) Esprit ones perhaps - have tried them and they are baggy enough to avoid looking like straight jeans, a medium rise, choice of leg length and a nice darkish blue wash. Shame about the lack of pockets on the bum tho.
    http://www.esprit.co.uk/women/clothes/jeans/boyfriend/stretch-denim-chinos-N4A096_939
    Hope you find some.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really Nice dressing BUt somewhere you look like a nervous maybe it's your face expressions but smile nice.Keep it up nice blog
    best boyfriend jeans

    ReplyDelete