Call off the dogs

I know I said I wouldn't mention it again.

But......

Finally.  Finally finally finally, I think I may have sussed the whole day to night dress issue (touches wood, crosses herself, grabs rabbit's foot in an attempt not to jinx it) 

Let me warn you that it's bright.  Which to some will be hideous but on the upside, you can see me from space and I'm never going to get lost in a crowd.  I completely love the colour, I think it will work during the day but would be just as appropriate for a summer night out (and heck, maybe even with nude tights and shoots for the winter, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.)  It's the perfect shape for me, hiding a multitude of sins, meaning I neither have to wear full body amour spanx or breathe in after having consumed a canape (McQueen dress that's going back, I'm looking at you....) 

And my most favourite of favourite points.  It goes in the washing machine.  Hurrah!  Finally, I didn't have to sell a kidney to pay for it.  Oh (as if the list of perfection wasn't long enough) it is the exact match to the neon on my Zara neon, snakeskin, tan and black block heel sandals.  

By jove I think she's got it. 

The Maya Cocoon Dress from Whistles - £95







And whilst I was there, I happened to come across (as you do) the Erin Quilted Jersey Biker Jacket (they say it's dark grey but to you or I, believe me, it's black) .  Half price now at £55.  I sized down and got the 8 which is a perfect fit. 




Complete impulse purchase but I can already envisage countless outfits where this will come into its own.  I know I've blogged about jersey bikers (and think this one was actually on the blog) but it really is the perfect alternative for a black blazer for the A/W.  And even for nights out now, seeing as I already wore it last night! 

So there we have it with my impulse bomb into Whistles - I'd only gone to the paint shop up the road and happened to stumble in.   Outfit sorted for BBQ this afternoon in the heat and then a swift change of shoes for an end of term party tonight.  All I have to do is ensure I don't spill anything down it.  This is of course, significantly easier said than done.... 

Finishing with my two outfits from yesterday - one for during the day and the second for a dinner party at a friend's house.  Am just loving this weather. 



Untitled Untitled


White cape back top - Cos (second photo you can see the detail - love this top but you have to wear a vest under it as it's so low cut on the arms.  Go figure) 
Straight leg faded jeans - Earl
Black nappa leather thong sandals - Zara
Resin and shell necklace - By Malene Birger
Black Diego - Alexander Wang
Sunglasses - Dior

And last night - particularly pleased with this outfit although it's probably again an idea if I wear something underneath as on more than one occasion I was to be found flashing my bra at the dinner table.  I'm all class.

Untitled Untitled

Off white v neck silk top - Zara
Leopard print silky trousers - Zara
Tan shoots - LK Bennett
Secret Garden necklace - Stella & Dot
Black Erin quilted biker jacket - Whistles
Tan De Manta clutch - Alexander McQueen
Razor blade cuff - McQueen by Alexander McQueen

Off to get dressed in my new dress (prays she hasn't been too optimistic with it working - you know when something works really well in a) your head and b) when you try it on at 1am in the morning.........)

Share this:

CONVERSATION

8 comentarios:

  1. love that whistles jacket, you are a serious bad influence on my wallet just had to purchase it, looks great on and is something I would have probably passed by and its machine washable total bonus!! My only gripe is that on the Whistles UK site jacket is £55 how in god name that translates to €70 is beyond my should be only €64 at a push always pisses me off when £ are converted to € on web sites end up paying far more but they won't let you deliver otherwise feckers!! I had better love it!!

    You're a great woman for spotting a good buy in a sale I'm sure I'll get plenty of use out of this jacket! Love the look with the printed trousers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really hope you love it. For me, it's the most fantastic fit. I'm ridiculously chuffed with it. What a total bummer about the charges. Do hope it works for you! xx

      Delete
  2. Love the dress - totally you. Right decided have to stop reading this blog as would not know about such gorgeous things as that McQueen De Manta clutch - totally in love with it and it goes beautifully with the LKs. Just been on the McQueen site to check out the range and omg, can feel credit card burning a hole in my pocket - will have to wait for Xmas maybe (unless you know of any high street look a likeies???)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the De Manta clutch was the best buy EVER two years ago. I have so so much use out of it. It's paid for itself a ton of times over. To be honest, I've never seen anything like it on the highstreet at all. Will be worth hawking the sales as they definitely do reduce them. Or ring BIcester and see if they have any stock there. They change their colours each season. I've never seen a tan one again - I got mine from the store on Bond STreet and apparently it was the last one in the world (allegedly.... I would have bought it anyway!) xx

      Delete
  3. Cannot wait to see the dress on you - it will be fab. Great jacket too. Stop with the temptation...I've already busted the spending ban and now find myself trying to make up for 4 weeks of no shopping...which defeats the whole purpose of it.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend lovely, Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. I shall be on a spending ban now for the rest of the holiday. Let's just hope it stays warm... I need no new season temptation thank you very much! xx

      Delete
  4. Love the Zara print trousers.. Sadly they're sold out now.. You wear them well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - what a shame. There were oodles of them instore! xx

      Delete