It smells like Spring

Which means two things. 

One - out come the jackets and away go the scarves.  As much as I am aware I have an embarrassingly large collection of scarves, by this time each year I am bored to tears of them.  My neck feels like it's got rickets.  Needs.  Sun. 

And as if I don't have enough jackets (I am officially obsessed - with lots of things granted, but I shall fess up to jackets today), I simply could not resist this one when I saw it last week in Zara.  Truth be told I was actually leaving the store (with a stash of three linen tees in a bag that were reduced to £3.99 each.  That scraping sound you just heard was me, crawling along the bottom of the sales barrel).  Of course I wasn't really super late anyway and I definitely wasn't even more late for the school run by stopping, grabbing it and paying.  Much. 



It does very much remind me of my impulse purchase from last year - the navy scarf silk jacket, also from Zara, which was a great buy - one of my fave things from the summer.  Hence it was easy to justify this.  I think I may even love it more.  I got the medium which I think is the largest size they do and as it's TRF, I have to say it's rather snug on the sleeves. 

But I simply adore it.  May have worn it every day since I got it....... And the weather has obliged me by warming up nicely.  I apologise in advance as this will figure a lot in the coming months.  


Untitled

Secondly it means Spring resolutions of the fashion variety.   These I am saving for tomorrow.  And get thinking as I want to hear yours too......

Since I have been exceptionally slack with my blogging, I have a number of photos from the last week. 

Oh what a difference a week makes.  To say I was losing the will to live with the snow was an understatement.  But it's gone so I shan't dwell on it - I shall save that for if it comes back (hell hath no fury like a woman made to wear snow boots when she should be cracking out the supergas)

Untitled

Beige linen top - H&M
Charcoal jersey harems - Toast
Chocolate leather jacket - All Saints
Charcoal wrist warmers - Toast
Mustard & fuchsia stag scarf - M&S
Bea suede wedge trainers - Ash
Cross body chestnut bag - Campomaggi from Plumo

Cunningly managed to forget to do my eyebrows on this day which made me look naked.  A mistake I won't be making again in a hurry.  But I did love the opportunity of sun to wear my Goat cardigan again. 

Untitled
Untitled

Khaki vest - Joseph
Navy and off white jumper - Zara
Distressed biker jeans - By Malene Birger
Marigold swing cardigan - Goat Library
khaki and black leopard print scarf - By Malene Birger
Black Faridah hobo bag - Marc by Marc Jacobs 
Black Ohio boots - Pied a Terre

And for out in the evening with friends


Untitled


Beige vest - Primark
Cream lace top - Zara
Paint splattered jeans - Zara
Suede & leather black boots - LK Bennett
Black and beige quilted jacket - Massimo Dutti
Tan De Manta clutch - Alexander McQueen

Every so slightly jaded the next day 

Untitled

Nude vest  (that's not my flesh!) - Primark
White long sleeved tee - Topshop
Charcoal jersey harems - Toast
Gunmetal hitops - Ash
Quilted jacket - Zara
Black Faridah hobo bag - Marc by Marc Jacobs 
Bee necklace - Alex Monroe

And finally, I have found some jeans that I love.  In my wardrobe.  I knew they were there and I thought they might be ok but they pretty much fit the bill of every other pair of blasted boyfriend jeans that I've tried on.  They're not what I had anticipated - I had envisaged them being looser through the thigh and slightly tapered on the ankle but a) they were pretty impossible to find and b) any that I may have come across that were vaguely like that were deeply unflattering.  Complete mum jeans with a saggy arse. 

So this is my version of the boyfriend jean - as many of you had advised (and what I've been doing for years anyway!) a straight leg jean rolled up. 

I did also try some men's jeans on (only in Next) and the results were infinitely better than pretty much all of the women's jeans were (bar the Paige ones which were hardly any different from the 8 year old ones below).  It is my mission now to track down some dirty denim 501s.

Love this outfit.  Am (hugely excitingly!) heading next Saturday to a fashion bloggers meet and this may well just be recycled as an outfit.  It is so so comfy. 



Untitled

White vest - Primark
Off white silk top - Zara
Jeans - Earl
Mushroom suede boots - Zara
Quilted jacket - Zara
Gold bee necklace - Alex Monroe
Grey jersey scarf - Cos
Sunglasses - Dior
Stone maxi zip satchel - Anya Hindmarch

I'll be back in the morning with my resolutions.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

16 comentarios:

  1. That outfit with the massimo dutti leather jacket is fab - you have a great knack of putting the right things under jackets whilst I always just stick on a boring old vest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have tried to buy more tops that work well under jackets- ideally for nights out but also that I can wear during the day. Getting a nice little stash together now. DEfinitely pays off hunting them down!

      Delete
  2. You look fab in your Zara jacket. I got one but don't look half as nice. Drat. My sleeves come down to my wrists. I'm just a short bum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! Have to reply Sue ... you're WAY too hard on yourself. It looks truly fab on Kat but it looks EQUALLY fab on you! And nothing wrong with being a short bum (she says indignantly, drawing herself up to her full five foot three & a half inches in height!!)

      Delete
    2. Here here! Couldn't agree more - Sue you look fab in yours too!! i saw it in our store and was tempted after seeing it on you Sue, but I was shopping for workwear :(

      Delete
    3. Thank christ it only goes up to a medium that way I won't be tempted and the jacket won't become the Fashion Bloggers united uniform lol xx I do love it though, bastards for not doing it in an xl!

      Delete
    4. Sue you inspired me to buy this jacket but I admit to enjoying how other bloggers have been styling it!! It's a lovely little jacket and I would have played quite safe with it but I shall now mix it up a bit after seeing what Kat has done with hers!! Thanks to you both for the ideas!!

      Delete
    5. I agree with all of the above - you look GREAT in that jacket.

      Delete
    6. Oh just came back to look at Kat in the jacket and there's all these comments. You're all lovely.

      But I totally agree with Anonymous - this has just shown me how to mix it up a bit for wearing in these temperatures. Great look Kat!

      Delete
  3. Gutted. I sold a pair of 501s on eBay last year, they were perfectly soft and worn, just tapered in the leg. Oh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nooooooooooooooooooooo!! they're so hard to track down (well ones that you're able to try on that is)

      Delete
  4. You are terrible, I saw that jacket at the weekend and have been trying to convince myself I don't like it but its no use I LOVE IT!!!!! I can now only hope it doesn't fit me when I drag the kids to Zara first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did it?! Have to say it's my new favourite thing (just in case i didn't make that clear in the blog..)

      Delete
  5. ӏncrеdіble! This blog looks just like my old οne!

    Ιt's on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Outstanding choice of colors!

    Also visit my website ... ways to save at disney

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the last outfit, it is perfect, everything goes together but does not look 'match-y match-y' How do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Goat cardigan is to die for. I love the cut and I love the colour. In the wise words of Essex people: I'm well jel.

    ReplyDelete