All about the versatility

This is part two of my dress blog from the other day when we were talking about all things Summer.  It is around the corner, I kid you not, and whilst the weather here doesn't show huge signs of any improvement in the next week or so (another excuse to carry on wearing those jumpers though) it's scarily few weeks till the holidays.  Especially if you're lucky enough to be jetting off at half term. 

As I said, for me, dresses are the ideal holiday packing component.  My packing now involves just piles of these, rolled up into sausages which means you can take lots.  You'll never be without a viable option, they work for throwing on and going to the beach over a cossie, for lunch, for anything sightseeingy and for dinner.  With heels or flats - although I will say I am drawn to the latter for holidays now - for my, they are the ideal holiday companion. 

Just take a couple of jackets and a scarf for the plane.  Speaking of jackets, throw one on and these are also perfect for most warmer days back at home too.  Last time I was all about the print but today - I'm going plain.  Still sleeveless - I will be looking at sleeved versions too shortly, fear not. 

Starting with pale pink at & Other Stories.

V Neck Dress in Pink £79



In orange at M&S. 

Drawstring Sleeveless Maxi Dress from M&S £49.50



Red?  

ASOS Midi Button Through Sun Dress with Dipped Hem £25



Fluted hem dress in yellow from Mango £29.99



Ridiculously long by the looks of things so suitable for those of you who are super tall or those of you who are handy with a needle and thread or know a great seamstress.  If green is your colour and this style works for you, I would absolutely say this would be worth altering - to either below the knee, on the knee or midi - whichever length you're best suited to.  It's not that cheap, especially if you have it altered but it's the sort of style that with heels and the right accessories, you could even wear to a wedding.  And then throw in your suitcase for hols.  It's also the sort of dress you would have for years and years and years. 

Flowy long dress in green from Mango £69.99



Green again at ASOS.  

ASOS Drape Harem Maxi Dress £22




Now fabulously flattering for those of you with an amazing tan.  Although I have to say, I think sometimes pale skin on nude can look equally as striking.   This is the same as the green dress above.

Flowy Long dress in the nude £69.99



Ok so these aren't plain but I wouldn't go so far as to say they're print either.  Perfect for those who wan't something more subtle than an in your face pattern.

Striped Linen Dress from Mango £39.99



Obligatory stripes which are essentially a neutral too. 

Iris & Ink Striped Cotton Maxi Dress £65



Piper Dress from hush £59




Or in the plain black 



Looser at Baukjen too and one that can also be belted. 

Michaela Pleat Dress in Black from Baukjen £129





Belted again in black and super bra worthy.

Roaslind Dress from hush £75



Dressier now - this one has my name all over it, were it a TAD longer.  Although I'm tempted to try it as I blooming love a shirred waist.  Not to mention a v neck that you can also tie.

Cerys Shirred Dress from hush £120



Similar in black and ideal to dress up and dress down at Baukjen.

Carin Dress in Black £149



Another dressier version that could easily be thrown over swimmers with sandals and out in the evening.  Yes it does go in the machine. 

Hallon draped stretch jersey dress was £170 now £70



Tank dress now at Baukjen 

Rosamund Tank Dress £99 in Caviar Black 



And if you'd rather not black, I have navy at & Other Stories

Slip on dress in blue £59



So hopefully something to suit all shapes but like I say, I will have sleeves on the agenda shortly.

In the meantime, here I am yesterday in print and sleeves, so not remotely relevant for today's blog but proof that a dress is always a good idea. 




Leopard Maxi Dress - Somerset by Temperley at John Lewis
Leather biker - Zara
Dazed sneakers - My Fashion Tribu
Tools Bag - Balenciaga

Posting this from Margate, I had once for me, been ridiculously organised and had written it  last night when the children were asleep and this morning at the crack of dawn before we left.   I am now though, lying in bed, eating leftover pizza with the small snoring 8yr old next to me (having turned the Transformers movie off) and am about to watch the finale of Line of Duty on iplayer and praying that the wifi holds out!  BLISS!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

11 comentarios:

  1. Sorry, can't really be doing with anything sleeveless, and I much prefer a print to plain! The Mango dresses are stunning though, if you're tall enough and slim enough to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suffice to say, this wasn't the blog for you then!!!

      Delete
  2. Actually I love the one you are wearing the best!
    Love how you styled it.
    Hope Margate wasn't too cold or rainy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margate was FABULOUS! Something really different. Which is pretty hard to find these days. Definitely worth a trip for the shops alone (and the pizza.!)

      Delete
  3. Wow! There is a latest design of the costume images are there in it.lulus coupon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to dresses with sleeves blog :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some up yesterday from Debenhams which are amazing but I will have some more too. xx

      Delete
  5. Some lovely dresses here - just took delivery of the Asos Hareem dress which is the perfect coverall for summer holidays. All praise Asos for their premium service - read the blog last night, already got the dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't their service amazing? So pleased you like it!

      Delete
  6. You would look great in these dresses Kat as you are tall. Being shorter and slim framed, I would get lost in these!

    ReplyDelete