The sales where you start with "price low to high"

Sale time... and we're talking top end. 

I'm going in for dresses.  Now these you need to think outside the box.  Yes, you may be looking for a dress to wear for Christmas Day/New Year's Eve but you may also be looking for a dress for later in the year.  And now is when you should be looking as there are some amazing bargains (DISCLAIMER - this is relative.  They're a good reduction, they're obviously not cheap).

I have, in the past couple of years, bought some great dresses in the sales.  I wear them for events, but I then wear them for every day.  For a lunch, for an evening out with the husband, for a meeting with trainers and a biker jacket.  

My one rule of thumb is that they have to go in the washing machine.  Yes I will point out that 99.9% of these will say dry clean only.  So you are taking a risk - or you may be a fan of the dry cleaners - me not so much (as in, I'd rather poke forks in my eyes).

However I have never lost a dress on a cold wash in my machine (it's a silk cold wash).  BUT that's not to say I can give carte blanche to bung it in.  Mixed fabrics are a bit trickier, anything with a lot of embellishment I would think twice (which means I probably wouldn't buy it) but viscose, silk and good old polyester have always come out perfectly well.

First up, we'll do Matches.  We'll then go onto Net a Porter (which has some blooming superb deals.  Honestly prices less than high street.  You have been warned).  This is possibly my favourite blog ever to write.  

Handkerchief-hem satin midi dress from Self Portrait was £355 now £177




This one going into the Spring would be beyond useful. 

Geometric Print Wrap Dress from Celfinn was £280 now £168



Check Print Midi Dress from Self Portrait was £335 now £201 



And then the ones from my favourite brand... Preen.  These are Preen Line which is their slightly more reasonably priced range.  Slightly... 

Felicity floral print satin crepe dress was £425 now £255



So am now just going to show you all the Preen Line at Matches that I would happily happily wear.  All day every day. 

Rowen vine and floral print dress from Preen Line was £395 now £276



This one I am very VERY much liking. 

Amina Tiered Vine Dress from Preen Line was £615 now £307 



Or this one. 

Kaia floral print crepe de chine dress from Preen Line was £480 now £336



Maxi in black at DVF.  This would work for so so many occasions.  For a black tie event, for an elegant evening out, for a lunch with stud ankle boots and a biker and into the Spring with trainers and a denim jacket.  Blazer would be my other preference.  With white hi tops.  Belt isn't included but I love the way you could add your own belt for interest.  A thick studded one for a bit of rock and roll, a thin metal one (or any thin one) for a more pared back twist.  Leopard.  Oh yes, a leopard belt.  

High neck maxi dress from DVF was £542 now £271



More DVF and this is a shape I have from a couple of years ago and can confirm how flattering it is.  Wear on Christmas Day, wear to a wedding in the Summer  (mine has gone in the washing machine numerous times).

Eloise silk jersey midi dress from DVF was £479 now £287



And no.. your eyes are not deceiving you.  This is a short dress.  It's so not me.  But I love it.  I genuinely LOVE it.  For now with black tights and boots.  For into the Summer with bare legs and sandals.  For during the day with ankle boots or trainers.

Ruffled Crepe de Chine Dress from See by Chloe was £375 now £262



Another See by Chloe gem which would work easily as well into the Spring. 

Floral laser cut georgette dress was £330 now £231



And now onto Net A Porter. 

AND AND TODAY there is 15% off the SALES MUST HAVES at Net.  Use code LASTMINUTE15  *bites fist*.

With one of my favourite designers from this year - yes good old Ganni. Now I am generally a Ganni skirt fan but I could happily wear any of these. 

Ganni Barra printed crepe de chine maxi dress was £180 now £90 with an extra 15% off (it's a sale must have GO GO GO!)



Shorter at Ganni and again a sales must have so 15% off. 

Ganni Polka dot georgette wrap dress was £180 now 126



One from Michael by Michael Kors (I think the only brand I can personally say I recommend...) which also has 15% off AND is absolutely ideal if you're not super tall.  I'm going to be slightly controversial and say this length on someone of great stature, I don't think works.  I think this needs to be slightly longer.  Which is PERFECT if you're not a giraffe like this model.  Or me (not a model, just v tall).

Michael by Michael Kors midi dress was £225 now £135 with 15% off this price today, Monday 17th.


Shorter at Michael by Michael Kors (alas not with 15% off) was £215 now £151



Rixo - a brand I have worn for years (and yes, I do throw in the machine....every single one!) and wear on every occasion.  This is one of the easy ones to throw on. 

Rixo Esther polka dot crepe midi dress was £265 now £159 (with an extra 15% off)



And this one (not a sales must have though).

Rixo Noleen dress was £295 now £207



This one is slightly more tricky but is perfect when you need something slightly more dressy.  OR you're not sure of what the dress code is - you wouldn't necessarily feel overdressed in this, if everyone else is in jeans and a sparkly top but it also ticks a black tie box.

Rixo Gabrielle ruffled flora dress was £335 now £228



Good old Self Portrait (even though I have old school SP and can't actually fit into them anymore).  They've changed their sizing and I now believe you take your usual size as opposed to having to size up two sizes.

This dress again would work on someone not quite so tall, in my humble opinion.  I would want this slightly longer being Hagrid.

Self Portrait was £300 now £180 (again with 15% off). 



But finishing with my new favourite brand... Needle & Thread.  I have one which I was given for an event and one which I bought which I have washed in the machine and it's PERFECT!  However, mine is 100% polyester and nylon (I know, I know but this is why they're under £500 full price and not £4k).

Needle & Thread Maxi Dress in navy was £290 now £174 with an extra 15% off as it's a Sales Must Have.  I size up one size in these - not for the hips but for the waist and back (I have a broad back as my Irish mother in law would say).



This is the short version of the dress I have.  Absolutely perfect if you're more diminutive or just think that the long ones are too theatrical for every day (which they perhaps are...!).

Needle & Thread Pandora Dress was £350 now £210



Have I ordered any?  No.  I play chicken with the sales.  Well, I say this,,, I then realise I can't live without one and end up ordering after three mulled wines at 11.20pm.  I also am more than aware that I am not remotely alone in this.

Ok I say that... *I may have just ordered the pink Ganni* as it's SUCH a bargain and I love for January.  I shall be wearing with black boots and a blazer now.  It's working out cheaper than a dress from Zara.  A total no brainer.  

This is what the dress code was yesterday.. old.  All very old.  But a good indicator of buying things that you love and wearing them with different outfits to change up the looks (this is a very ancient Summer skirt)


Jumper - Me+Em (3yrs ago)
Skirt- Zara (8yrs ago)
Biker - hush (gift 5yrs ago)
Boots - Grenson from Collen & Clare (aw17)
Bag - Loewe from Matches (aw17)
Sunglasses - Walter & Herbert (current)

I think I am going to do a round up of footwear in the sales.  Just because that's what I buy and what I wear mostly throughout the whole year.  All year round actually.  I just must not order any!





Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comentarios:

  1. Love this blog so much. Such a good round-up. Am now trying to talk myself out of buying two of them. Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete