Back to thinking about Spring and Summer nights out, I'm slightly concerned that it might not get any warmer any time soon. Which would be a disaster if we all end up finding our perfect dress, only to accessorise it with freshly plucked chicken goose bumps clad legs. Nothing worse.
So that's reason one for this blog. Another option needed that offers more coverage.
Reason two is inspiration taken from last week's Grazia, where one of the journalists wore the same piece of clothing for a month, changing it up into different outfits. For day and night. Very interesting indeed (even though we only saw about 4 photos so I'm assuming there was a lot of variation on the other days too...)
Lastly, I am having the hugest success with the marmite dungarees (which I appreciate is a matter of opinion but giving myself the benefit of the doubt...) that I am hoping to find another wardrobe favourite in...... a Jumpsuit. (so buying into the alleged versatility element of Reason two and I love a challenge)
Yes I know I've done these before but I've never quite been able to identify what I've been looking for. And now I've had a lightbulb moment.
- It has to be a jumpsuit and not a boilersuit (no zip down the front, no stiff fabrics)
- It has to be in a silky, tencel, lyocel, viscose style drapey fabric (covering the options there... but not a creasy fabric - it has to pass the crease test)
- It has to be tapered into the leg (I can't be doing with finding the perfect heel height every time I want to wear them)
- It has to be plain - no print.
- Colourwise, I'm looking at a neutral dark of black, navy or khaki.
And there we have the rather woefully poor selection (M&S you win at jumpsuits this year).
Black dungarees - H&M
Black Tuxedo Blazer - Hush
Leopard Print Scarf - Louis Vuitton
Black Wild Kat ballet pumps - The British Flat Shoe Compnay
Diego bag - Alexander Wang
Tomorrow, last day at school for my children and they are on their knees (or maybe that's me....) They are exhausted, crabby and ratty (or again... maybe that's me....actually that's definitely me) and I can't wait for them to have some down time. I am finally finally having my hair colour done tomorrow - it's only been since October that I haven't had it coloured. The Shame......