Now what could that be?.. Summer?
Well for those of us of a certain age, if it means warmth and therefore having to bare flesh, then yes. Summer can indeed be a dreaded word.
But taking it one step further... dare I mention Shorts?
Now for many, shorts at 42 and over can seem like a contradiction in terms.
However I have been set a challenge to see if the following shorts exist. It is possible to find a pair of shorts....
- that don't flash your behind to the world
- that don't make you look as if you've got a permanent wedgie
- that you don't have to buy three sizes too big so that they sit on your hips. I'd like them to fit properly everywhere (usually I find that buying larger sizes and have them sit on your hips is the only way to ensure points 1 & 2 don't happen)
- that aren't denim
- that if they're not denim, don't make me look like I work on a cruise ship
- that are flattering (yeah right)
- that don't give me a muffin (again - see point 3 above)
And the bravest shot you'll ever see of me online... my behind. First legs out shot of the season. In WHITE shorts.... Testament to how much I rate them....
I have to say they are so so easy to wear - I have the blue one on as I'm typing, about to go to a BBQ with friends. Perfect attire.