And I'm also pants at this.

Sandal shopping.  Yes, I am boring myself with this.  BUT on the upside, I did manage to order yesterday from Atterley Road, the Vila set of striped shirt and culottes and the black crepe dress from the other day.   Will they arrive before my big lunch on Saturday?  Who knows.... 

So this is the second in what is growing to be a series of verbal ramblings, following on from my culottes thread the other day (which, in the end did come together nicely, to be fair).  I'm not sure I hold out as much hope for this one. 

Firstly, blogging in half term is hard.  Blogging in half term when you have a 10yr old who needs to do revision, in your infinite wisdom you didn't book your boys on any courses AND banned them from anything electrical bar an hour's use a day (seriously???) and you have a new puppy, is hard.  Oh and did I mention that you are home alone with the four small things as your husband is away all week (plus weekends) on a business trip.  Let's up the ante on "hard" to virtually impossible.  

Thank the lord for my amazing babysitter who was able to come yesterday as it was the only time I could get a hair appointment and my hair was one day away from being just totally unmanageable (it hasn't been cut since October.  Mingarama.  Overdue isn't the word)  

I happened to mention I had an issue with my colour - I had had highlights put in, instead of the balayage I had asked for and they suggested fixing it there and then.  Well bless them, they did an amazing job and I was able to spend the time searching for shoes. 

The perfect heeled sandals.  Which, if I found them, would be the IDEAL addition to my outfit for my Saturday girl's lunch.  (I should probably mention that I didn't *exactly* have an outfit at this point.  We'll come to back to this teensy tiny issue later)  

I was on a mission to find a cheaper version of the sandals I had totally fallen in love at my Me+Em shoot.  Which were from Gucci.  You know when you get in your head an idea that a pair of shoes will solve all of your problems? (itsy exaggeration there perhaps)

Gucci leather and suede sandals £575 from Matches 





                          

I will say, having tried them on, that they are high (this wouldn't be an issue if they were £50. At nearly £600 it's a deal breaker).  Which is rather handy as, after my absolutely dismal research effort, I have come up with pretty much squat.  And when I say effort, I should say herculean search as I have spent hours looking for these.  My eyes hurt yesterday at the hairdressers from looking at pictures of shoes.  For pretty much nothing.  Can you believe it?!  I honestly think this is the longest blog I have ever ever ever written (in terms of research time.) 

Ok so it wasn't that there were none that were vaguely ok.  Let's take a step back and look at what I did find.  So other ankle straps I've found that don't cost nearly £600.  Starting at Whistles, as whilst these aren't particularly reasonable, they are a hell of lot more palatable price wise than the Gucci ones. 

Even though they're not tan... But navy?!  So starting miles off brief but they still have 20% off at John Lewis as do all Whistles things and navy sandals are really hard to come by.  I told you, the tan thing is not shaping up well. 

Whistle Senna Leather now £140 with 20% already off



And they also do them in white  (no, not tan...)



However these could well be a front runner.  I've posted these before on a clog like post (no I'm not insane - well I am, especially after this pigging tan sandal search, but...- these were a ringer at the end as they had a discount on them) and I love them.  Do I love them enough though, even with the discount?

Whistles Thistle Block Heeled Sandals in Nude £144 with discount



Again, not quite right - I have become rather obsessed with the ankle strap gig but apart from that, these look gorgeous.  Love the heel, love the strap detail, just wish it was an ankle strap.

Jigsaw Monique Leather Sandals £149





Were these to have a different heel, they'd be perfect.  Maybe I should just try and get with the wedge. (DAMN YOU GUCCI)

Ankle cuff wedges from Next £45




Now usually I'd say we were on to the ringers by the end, but we're found practically nothing to make this seem like *the end*.  The Guccis are in a class of their own.  I have FAILED on my mission I think.  So eschewing the brief for the minute, I did find some other tan sandals that are pretty lovely. 

Starting with tan... and we've also got some strappy bits even though they're not round the ankle.  And they're a wedge... but they're a woody/corky which is vaguely vaguely what I was looking for. (jeez louise can I stretch the boundaries anymore?)

Dune Graine Wedge Sandal - on offer at John Lewis with 20% off so now making them £55.20



Sticking with a wedge and these are in fact an ankle strap but they are high.  But to be honest, when we're talking high, is high is high is high?  At least they'd be comfy as they're a wedge.  And I do have to say, I did have my heart set on a browner tan - yes, I know, these are cream...  (ie the Gucci ones. ha ha ha) 

Peep Toe 70s Espadrille Wedge in tan from Next £54




Lower and probably super useful but I am now fixated with some other Italian jobs.  

Cork Platforms from Next £35



Another khaki pair - these would be right up my street if they were tan and without a wedge.... So basically rather different.   But were I looking for a khaki wedge these would get my vote. 

Cross over suede wedge in khaki £48



But finishing with a few that might sort of fit the bill.  Which isn't really saying much but they're the best I could find.  Not good enough I know, but this blog has almost finished me off.  I'm almost embarrassed to post it even though there are some lovely shoes on here, they are not what I'm looking for and I always find what I want (eventually...).  For the first time ever dare I say it... I *might* be totally over looking at shoes.  WASH MY MOUTH OUT.

Carvela Kara Leather £95 (but too high, too clumpy, just not quite right for my gargantuan proportions)



However bargains of the day go to New Look.  Where I've found two that might work.  And hell, they're cheap so that's a refreshing upside at least. 

Tan Premium Leather Crossover Sandals £49.99  But is there something about the heel I'm not sure about?  I fear I have looked at too many and have heel confusion. 




These I do love.  I really really love.  If they weren't hooker high (apologies I'm tired) 

Actually thinking about it - 12cm apparently.  Hmmm, need to go and measure my LK Bennett heels tan shoots which I wear a fair bit as I think they might be that high.  I think these might look higher because of the platform?  These would probably get my vote.  No, for less than £30 they'd definitely definitely get my vote.  

Tan High Vamp Ankle Strap Heels £29.99




Truth be told though, I have spent so long looking at shoes, I am OVER them.  Does that happen to anyone else?  You overthink something so much by the end of the process, it's totally out of your system?  I'm not sure I can even remember why I wanted them in the first place.  Sleep deprivation mode may have taken over....

This is me and the tan ankle strap sandals.  It's not happening.  On the upside, I didn't spend nearly £600 and discover that I can actually live without them a week after buying them and having worn them once.  Maybe there is a random method in my madness....

There must be another upside too.... it'll come to me, I'm sure.....

In the meantime, pics from the last day or so. 

Yesterday after my marathon session at The Square under the wonderful Ben Hards and his team.  On my way back to my old balayage. 

Untitled

Navy breton top - H&M
Chestnut leather mini skirt - Zara
Leopard print skater shoes - H&M
Camel bag - Prada 

And proving how totally exhausted I am - check out my bags under my eyes.  But another gratuitous pic of the small bundle of gorgeousness that is making life totally worthwhile and my children actually be lovely to each other.  

Untitled

So there we have an absolutely rubbish blog.  I have discovered that there is a huge gap in the market for a decent tan, block heel ankle strap sandal (not that that's a narrow field or anything...)  I also may have discovered (scarily at the last minute) that I pretty much have no idea what I'm wearing on Saturday. 

Clearly there will be a third (and hopefully final) instalment in the "she's slightly lost it" blog saga, tomorrow.  Wood, trees, anyone?!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

39 comentarios:

  1. Hi Kat, would these appeal at all? http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/en_UK/women/sandals/high-heels/c/122/OKELANI/p/37663860-28#

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much for pointing these out. They're fab (actually I love Aldo shoes but always forget about them!) Was really looking for an ankle strap and have to say I have just about got over my tan shoe obsession!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kat I bought these from Next. Much nicer on than they look on the photos! http://www.next.co.uk/g4d2216s2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they're fab - they look so comfy and super wearable. I was just looking for something a bit higher. Honestly, I've given these up as a bad idea! ! But thank you so much xxxx

      Delete
  3. Don't give up...there is always hope. I have these and love them http://m.zara.com/uk/en/woman/shoes/heeled-sandals/fringed-block-heel-leather-sandals-c358014p2368382.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHA now I had those on the blog months and months ago - they are an exceptionally good copy of the Marant ones which are just slightly more studded. I then tried the Marant ones on (moment of madness) and wouldn't you know, they were ming on me. The strap at the front is just too narrow - actually it's not the shoe's fault - it's my hideous skeletor feet ruining a decent pair of shoes. I ordered these, not thinking, and the exact same thing. I was gutted as they're lovely. Also looking for something just a smidge higher... Honestly I AM giving up!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Do not give up!! How much would you spend because these are beautiful http://shop.gianvitorossi.com/catalog/product/view/id/6087/s/janis-high-sandal/category/6/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STOP!!!!!!!!! they are truly truly gorgeous. and yes, if I had that much money it would be a toss up between them and the Gucci. Fortunately I have no such dilemma!

      Delete
  5. Omg, some gorgeous sandals from next! I never think to look there. I can't really do khaki or tan, but they do most of them I blue... I have some blue wooden clog sandals, so I should step away now. (Absolutely love the suede wedges, though).

    Have you bought the Clarks snakeskin ones, yet? I saw they had 20% off yesterday in store. They had them in silver too. Lots of lovely sandals, generally. If I hadn't just bought very expensive school shoes for the youngest I would have been tempted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know what - I tried them on and didn't love love love them. I absolutely ADORE my black ones from Zara. And after trying on those sodding Givenchy ones, the Clarks ones were just a tad, meh... BUT I'm sure as soon as it gets warmer, I"ll be on them like a rocket. When they've sold out and I can't get them. This is FACT.

      Delete
  6. Or http://www.unisa-europa.com/en-GB/luca-ol-1688

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely but I'm not sure I'm after a wedge. GAH!!! (but thank you xxx)

      Delete
  7. And I got totally sidetracked by googling what on earth 'balayage' means...
    You learn something every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting a puppy makes your children nice to each other? Where do I buy myself one of those puppies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear to god it's true. Even our carpenter said "it's like a different house here...." The. Shame.

      Delete
  9. Hmm yes I do have lots of outfits I could wear, you are absolutely right. But is it really wrong and churlish to want something new ? (and don't answer, I know the correct response is YES YOU SPOILT COW!) To be honest, I'm only buying something that I know I will get oodles of wear out of. And tbh I don't have LOADS of things to wear.... I do have some but not loads and loads... Problem is with a lunch in London that involves tube and train on a Saturday - fine line between looking like you're going out for lunch and looking like you're doing the walk of shame.....!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kat, I must put you out of your misery. I read this post late last night, so I hope my comment doesn't come too late, but these are what you are looking for!
    http://shop.mango.com/GB1/p0/women/accessories/shoes/leather/heel-leather-sandals/?id=43003679_CU&n=1&s=accesorios.zapatos&ident=0__0_1431438105983&ts=1431438105983
    Hope this helps and please keep putting up pics of that gorgeous puppy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I looked at Mango on Wednesday - and these weren't there then!!! OMG OMG OMG they are PERFECT!!!!! RIght you are a STAR! WIll update my next blog with them. Oh I could kiss you!!! Thank you xxxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
    2. You're very welcome! I actually spotted them a while back, but they seem to be hard to find on the website depending on what browser you're using - I thought I was going mad, so I pinned them. Looking forward to hearing what they're like if you buy them! I have gone for some from French Connection instead. Can't wait to read the next post :) x

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much - I've tried searching again and they're still not there. Spooky....... but I have the link now - you angel xxx

      Delete
    4. oh Noooo. Hoe you have better luck than me Kat - I just tried to order them only to get to the last stage and be told they aren't available in UK :-( fingers crossed for you x T

      Delete
    5. oh my god it's a sandals nightmare!!!! Now I am determined to try and get them.... Will keep you posted x

      Delete
    6. I tried to get these ones the other day and got the same response, removed from basket as not avaliable in uk. x

      Delete
  11. I tried the first pair of New Look sandals on yesterday and they are gorgeous! Waiting for a discount voucher before I buy though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! Don't often see a discount at New Look. (I often buy and then return if I see a discount! )

      Delete
  12. I need a drink after reading this Kat haha... sorry that you haven't yet found The Ones, but I bet you will! On a happier note, I'm glad to see you've changed your mind re getting your knees out (wish I felt the same) - I adore that tan skirt & your new puppy is the most beautiful dog I've ever seen! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much darling - honestly, go through the pain barrier and it's so so worth it. Having said that, I have discovered a new sort of dress that I think you'll love, on the blog later today. Giddy with excitement. And I have to say, I am biased but she honestly is the most perfect dog ever! xxx

      Delete
  13. I think I so so need those Mango shoes. Definitely going to order them to scratch the itch. And meant to say, with regards to super expensive shoes. Honestly I think if you find the right ones, it is worth it. My Burberry ones are in their third year now and I wouldn't even consider buying another pair of black sandals. They have been a total total godsend and I don't regret buying them for a minute. AND I have outfit success........ on the blog later. Giddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi kat i am waiting to hear how you got on with the dresses you ordered from marks the other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so bad - the leopard print dress was nice but only for an every day dress and was a bit too staid for a night out. However the tile print one is absolutely fantastic for £16 but - oh the irony - it's too long! It's a frumpy just on the knee length and it's loose, so needs to be shorter otherwise it looks like a shroud! But I'll definitely get it shortened - perfect for every day with my navy Lille lace ups or white sliders. I think it's sold out now though....

      Delete
  15. I love the second pair of New Look ones but seems they only go up to a 6 but being 5'9 I need a 7 hmmm feeling your pain Kat BF suggested lopping big toe off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT? Oh that's crazy - a size 7 is hardly huge! (I often take a size 7.....) That's not big at all!

      Delete
  16. I feel your pain! I wanted & searched for a tan mid block heeled sandal for what feels like forever & finally found a pair in Next....not online but in store! The Jigsaw Monique are stunning Kat & I can so see you in them! Have a lovely day off on Saturday! You sure deserve it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting - don't they have them online? I can't get on with a mid heel. Tried and looked like a freaking librarian in them. Sob. x

      Delete
  17. Please can I come and babysit the puppy? Form an orderly queue behind me everyone else.

    I never wear heels (which is a shame as 5' 2" and need all the height I can get), but I nearly clicked on the Whistles ones to see how high they are just in case .... And then I reminded myself that I couldn't wear them no matter how high they are. I am reduced to comforting myself when I see things I like online that I really really like but can't wear by telling myself that its about extending the discomfort from frustrating my shopaholic tendences, and eventually one day I'll just buy everything from Lands End and M&S and be happy. Maybe?

    But now I know all about ombre, sombre and balayage.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kat,

    Love your blog and the puppy.

    Have you tried the shoeaholics website, it has carvel a, kg, Nine West, kurt Geiger etc at great discounts as the stock moves over from the main Kurt Geiger site.

    They have some lovely (high) sandals on at the moment and there is an extra 20 % off at checkout until Sunday - I may have ordered 2 or 3 - ok 4 pairs this afternoon!

    Hope you find some you love.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Kat! Dune Graine Wedge sandals ordered - just what I was looking for for the last few weeks. X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh god those Gucci babies are like the Gianvito Rossi numbers that are haunting me - divine x

    ReplyDelete