One for keeps

I'm not sure I've done many of these this year.  Those gems that you have in your wardrobe that you wear year in, year out.  These may be something that only come out at Christmas (looking at you pussy bow silk blouse that I've worn for seven years) or a Summer must have. 

For me, the latter is definitely a lacey, embroidered cream top.  I bought mine when I was pregnant with my third baby who has just had his ninth birthday.  I wore it back to front to a wedding with a huge pearl necklace thing (I promise it was lovely!), smart white capris and pearl and oyster silk heeled sandals from LK Bennett (that had also done a christening as well).

This has saved my outfit bacon on so, so many occasions.  And led me to think that I don't have enough white, smart but also casual, tops in my wardrobe arsenal.  These will work on so many levels.  Tucked into skirts - they can transform a midi or maxi skirt from my oft worn dress down t-shirt style into something far dressier with heels.  Throw on with jeans and sandals, my beloved cropped wide legs will be coming out soon and these are a fabulous alternative wear.

So starting with some that are on the more Summery side.  And one I've found that is the most similar to mine. 

There's also 20% off everything at Anthropologie at the minute with the code TWENTY.

Callie Ruffled Shell Top from Anthropologie £88




I absolutely love the lace on this one.  It's boho whilst not being National Dress. 

Lindy Popover Blouse in Ivory £98 from Anthropologie 



And a similar version at ASOS. 

ASOS Ruffle Blouse with Eyelet Detail and Lace Insert £30




Ruffled strap top from Mango £25.99



High neck and sleeveless at Monsoon in ivory.

Fifi High Neck Top £45



Round Neck Flamenco Sleeve Top from M&S £27.50




But in this time of bonkers weather - which actually goes all the way through to November (I remember going on holiday at the end of October last year wearing a Summer dress), we can be wearing these into the Autumn for sure.  

Lace Balloon Sleeve Smock Top from Topshop £49



Ruffled Blond-lace Blouse from Mango £39.99



Embroidered Openwork Blouse from Mango £25.99



Something slightly more unusual now - oh hello lace sweatshirt.  Two words you don't normally see together, but I love this.  Perfect with my merry band of cream skirts.  With jeans, with leather trousers.

Lace Cutwork Sweatshirt from Topshop £75



Swing style now - which actually is what mine is except that I've tucked it in.  

Oyster Embroidered Swing Top from Mint Velvet £89




And then to one that I love.. I mean seriously love and think would be so so perfect with my plethora of cream skirts that I could make into a "dress".   At the same time, it would look amazing with plain faded jeans.  Yet again, I write a blog on a topic, to prove how fabulous and useful something is that I already own and I wind up buying another one.  I just hope it's as voluminous on me and this model isn't actually a Borrower.

Eyelet Floral Print Smock Blouse from Topshop £49





And here I am in mine - from By Malene Birger a gazillion years ago.  Off to a BBQ.  Any excuse to wear something other than sweats.  

Untitled


Fringed Skirt - & Other Stories
Crochet top - By Malene Birger
Sandals - Isabel Marant
Bag - Studio 120 at Atterley

Tomorrow I am all about the footwear.  And I'm going to break it to you gently, I do have a dress blog coming up.  We haven't had one for AGES and are in that funny, in betweeny time with some new stock and some total sales steals.  You have been warned...



Share this:

CONVERSATION

7 comentarios:

  1. White isn't my natural territory for anything. I don't feel like me in it and I'm rarely anything other than pasty! But occasionally I bite the bullet and for something so occasional I have rather a lot of white tops it seems! And I'm messy! You, however, (and I know you like to look French but) are rocking spanish senorita in yours. Loving the Monsoon one but feel with my untoned arms it may not be a winner :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's just too funny as yes, I never ever have any aspiration to look Spanish.. isn't that funny!! Maybe that's why I'm not naturally drawn to boho things.. hmmm food for thought. I do like the look of the Monsoon one actually - although now I can only see flamenco!!!

      Delete
  2. Yes, yes and yes, so useful. Such gorgeous picks too. I have a white/ivory crepe top with similar sleeves to the flamenco one you show, but with very open embroidery. I always get complimented on it, with jeans it's an instant dress up but not too dressed up. I love yours with the fringed skirt. In a similar vein, peasanty boho blouses in general are a great wardrobe staple, you can wear them into autumn if you layer them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now interestingly I don't wear many boho blouses at all - I struggle with what to pair them with. Jeans - meh on me. Shoes - meh again.... I do like them with high waisted flares but then I have to wear heels and oh god I'm waffling now!!!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you! I have been searching for something to replace an M&S one that has seen better days and the Topshop ones look like they just might fit the bill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The TS one is on the way to me.. should be here today and I SO hope it transforms my skirts into dresses of dreams!!

      Delete