Wardrobe inspo

So, I'm blaming Les Mis.  And Gone with the Wind can take some of the blame as well.

I have had my head turned by all the long dresses.  Maxi, full (ok so that's a bit of a fantasy bit thrown in there, I'm going to swerve the hoop, although if I thought I could get away with it...) and fabulous.

Yes, I'm banging the dress drum again.  Dresses that are perfect for every occasion.  Do I mention this often enough?  I am always always being asked where the ones I buy are from and so I'm bringing my selection of easy to wear, throw on maxis, that can be worn now and into the Autumn as well.  During the day with flats (or heeled boots, it's up to you) and into the evening with heels (or flats.. whatever takes your fancy).

So these are going to be long.  As these seem to be more difficult to get hold of than midis.  There are lots of the latter around but verging on maxi are currently like hen's teeth.  If they are too long - can I suggest taking them up?  I have lots of things altered, if I love the fit, the colour, the print and there's something that's not quite right that can be changed, then I get that done.

Starting with the dregs of the My Theresa sale with free shipping.

Ganni Newman Georgette Dress was £185 now £111








Now current floral numbers.  Clinging onto Summer into Autumn.  Love them.

Floral Shirt Dress from Mango £59.99



Shorter sleeves but still gorgeous and perfect for those balmy days we hopefully have left... 

Tassels Floral Dress from Mango £59.99




Long Striped and Floral Dress from Zara £39.99  This is the same style as the floral one I have on today.   It's superb. 



Floral at Finery.  If you sign up for their email, you get 15% off your first order.

Ashness Mixed Print Dress from Finery London £149



Or ferns... adore this colour combo.  Perfect with trainers and a grey biker.

Assam Green Ferns Dress from Finery London £149



Floral Print Maxi from Vero Moda £38 

And can I just point out that this one is fully lined.  Most of these have the half lining so the bottom edge of the dress is see through which, I have to say, I don't love.  I don't necessarily mind it but if given the choice, I would always prefer a full length lining.  Which this is.  Huzzah.



Another gem from ASOS and the brand Liquorice.  They call this a wrap dress but it's my favourite - a faux wrap as in a wrap style top but a fixed waist band.

Liquorish Floral Print Wrap Maxi Dress was £65 now £35



And a couple of plain ones which I love.

Embroidered Long Dress from Mango £89.99  This with leopard print boots and a tan suede jacket.  Into the Winter months with black boots and leather biker.  LOVE this.




Asymmetric Hem Dress from Mango £59.99



And then this one which I found yesterday in New Look.  It's not a maxi by any stretch of the imagination (on me...being 5ft10) but it's the ideal midi.   To be fair, if you are a lot shorter, then it will be the perfect maxi on you.  What you can't see from the picture is the fabric is a brushed cotton (to be fair, I didn't check whether it was cotton - should I call it plaid?).  It's sublime.  It wouldn't crease and if I recall rightly, IT HAS POCKETS (but don't quote me on that...)

Black Gingham Shirt Maxi Dress from New Look £27.99



Or there's stripe at DVF. 

Diane Von Furstenberg Striped Silk Maxi Dress £415




Here I am in two of my floral numbers - neither of which are new.  The Zara dress is from last year and the Temperley dress was in the sale from John Lewis at Christmas.  Both have been worn and worn and worn and are perfect all round year wear.


Untitled

Dress - Zara

Tools bag - Balenciaga
Cara sandals in black - Apiedi Official
Sunglasses - Walter & Herbert

Untitled



Dress - Somerset by Alice Temperley at John Lewis
Superstar sneakers - Golden Goose 
Tools bag - Balenciaga
Sunglasses - Victoria Beckham

We are off tomorrow to see Wicked - can't wait.  So, so looking forward to it.  And then for dinner in Covent Garden.  We're thinking Sticks & Sushi... anyone been?  Good for a coeliac?  

Ooh and one thing I've been meaning to say - I am going to be at two events with Celtic & Co - lunch in gorgeous locations with the opportunity to see their new A/W collection.  I am already drooling at their leather but mostly their sheepskin which looks gorgeous - I also have my eye on their knitwear, not to mention the boots.   And of course there's their homeware too.



At Pennyhill Park on Monday 25th September - click here for details and to book.



And at The Bath Priory on Tuesday 26th September - click here for details and to book.




Would love to see you there, lunch in an amazing venue with shopping on top.  Lovely way to celebrate the start of Autumn.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

38 comentarios:

  1. Sorry not a dress kind of girl, not too good with skirts either, I buy both, they just don't get worn, so I'm trying to stop buying! It's a good job that stripey DVF one is over my budget, that and the fact I'd probably have to chop a foot off the bottom!
    Pointy loafers are on my wish list. As is a gorgeous silk blouse fron dea kudibal. Having bought a pair of kilties for a cheeky £3 (hush sale), I'm on the look out for a pair of white sneakers - one for next spring probably. Talking of hush, I received those lovely pj's today. Talk about being over the top extraordinary chuffed at the bag they came in and the fact they pockets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White sneakers are DEFINITELY on my list...

      Hush jamas are officially THE best.

      Delete
  2. I don't have the height to carry these off but they are gorgeous. Really rich patterns and colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do some amazing petite versions too..! But it is a case of if you don't like the style there are loads of different things to wear!

      Delete
    2. I need to investigate the petite versions!

      Delete
  3. I love the checked dress from New Look! Might be worth a spin...

    I finally received the Free People hot tropics skirt in green (from Nordstron Rack via a forwarding service). It is verrrrry long!!! I may have to have it altered but I am not sure how as the bottom edge is kind of wavy. Or else just hitch it up a bit on my waist...and add a few stitches into the side slit (can't be too indecent in public). Otherwise it is really pretty and I look forward to wearing it with cosy sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I don't think the bottom is wavy on either of mine.. I think it could be taken up quite easily! And yes, I will be putting a stitch or two in mine to wear in the Winter!

      Delete
  4. Hi Miffy, I had the same free people skirt altered at the tailors. The hem was kept the same style and it is absolutely gorgeous. Have had lots of comments when I have worn it.
    Love a midi dress. Am awaiting another from Free People but delivery is so far 11 days and still waiting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is good to hear. I have a decent tailor so I might take it to her and see what she can do. Thanks! Hope your delivery arrives soon :)

      Delete
    2. YAY!! I have a Free People addiction..

      Delete
  5. I managed to find the green and blue houndstooth American Vintage dress on Yoox at a decent discount, and it was just a little bit too long (weirdly, mostly at the back!). Had a bit chopped off it, couldn't be more chuffed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fabulous! Isn't it the most amazing dress??

      Delete
  6. I wore my one and only maxi yesterday and spent the whole day with it tucked up because it just got on my nerves. Clearly not for me. And after I spent extra money on it getting some of the "excess" fabric removed from it :D Twirly is ace but I just can't waft ;-) That hasn't stopped me ordering that Mango one and am also tempted by the Zara one - stripes and floral looks amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The zara one is much less wafty... and ha ha ha which Mango one? I am so tempted by that white one. I may just order it as I'm about to order some boots from there. I love picking the front of the dress up like Scarlett O'Hara.. (I KNOW RIGHT?!)

      Delete
    2. I *may* have named my daughter (inadvenrtently) after Scarlett O'Hara so clearly I'm all over it :D xx

      Delete
  7. Can we have some great trousers soon please. Long patterned dresses are my nemesis. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab blog on some great dresses. And your ideas on how to style them are super, so relaxed. I love the C19th prim/little house on the prairie look. (Although a long silk maxmara dress in black made me look a little too Victorian housekeeper).
    Also exciting to be thinking about beautiful sheepskin for a/w.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh LORD me too! Although I love the Victorian housekeeper look - nothing that a biker and trainers can't fix!

      Delete
  9. I have a New Look dress almost identical to your Zara one as I found out when my sister wore the Zara one to a party I had the New Look one on at! Off to order that lovely gingham one as I have worn the floral version all summer. Perfect for me at 5ft 3.
    Swear by Celtic & Co slippers for both me and my husband. I treat us to a new pair every October when there is 20% off. Perfect treat as the nights draw in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SPOOKY! That gingham one is beyond beyond fabulous I promise x

      Delete
  10. Fine if you're over over 5ft 8 but otherwise they look like you're going out in your nightie or you're the member of a new religious order. And what about when it rains! I wouldn't fancy all those yards of wet fabric stuck between my legs and they're not a great look with a short or long coat with yards of fabric flowing below. great for wafting around on a hot summer's day but one of those aint going to happen anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said above - it you're petite and it's not your look than fair enough! Just as not everyone who's tall won't love them either!! But there are some awesome petite ones if you do fancy the look - they're definitely not just for tall people. It's horses for courses of course!!

      Delete
  11. OMG Maxi dresses in my mind were only for summer, GREAT post as I am lucky enough to be tall and carry most off...I just iive in these when it's hot. Thanks for opening my eyes up to Autumn maxi's great choices. Bye bye bank balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE them for the Winter as well - love love love x

      Delete
  12. These can create into incredible Indian gowns to your favorite contemporary female. You are sure to become printed Georgette gown material together with pliers and also dupattas in trendy contrasts, in addition to solid-colored kurta options with published bottoms along with dupattas. Georgette Dress Material By textileexport

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unique collections of free style clothes. It's gives really good appearance. Thanks for sharing article.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your maxi collection is so beautiful. I like this. Nice post. We have new collection for women's clothes please check it out : YOYO Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can we have some great trousers soon please. Long patterned dresses are my nemesis. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a beautiful outfit you are looking styles in this outfits.
    wholesale indo western lehenga

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this lovely post with us .
    https://wholesaleethnics.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like that you mentioned the key to wear clothing.Thanks for sharing this article, it’s very helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I *may* have named my daughter (inadvenrtently) after Scarlett O'Hara so clearly I'm all over it :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Floral dress was soo beautiful. Thanks for sharing.. You can also visit wholesale salwar suits for this type of more dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing with us about nice informative post about fashion.
    single kurtis wholesale

    ReplyDelete