She wore an itsy bitsy teeny weeny...

... fear not, it's NOT a polka dot bikini (dear GOD can you imagine?!). 

No - it's an itsy bitsy teeny weeny, not polka dot, jacket. 

And why?  Because I blooming love these.  I was having a chat the other day about what I love in an outfit and I've realised that for me, it's silhouette.  It's all about the drama and the variation.  In the winter - I love wearing oversized jumpers, leggings or skinnies and boots but in the Spring and Summer is when we can have some proper theatre. 

Full skirts, wide leg trousers, be them cropped or full length, long flowing dresses which all add up to a nipped in at the waist, tiny, shrunken jacket. 

So I feel that this is going to be the year when I completely fall in love with denim jackets but until it starts feeling vaguely like Spring, I am looking into some versions that are slightly less Summer.

Let's get cracking and see what we find.

First off - OMG CALL OFF THE DOGS.  No it's not Balenciaga it's Boden.  Yes.  Boden.  And H2F9 gives you 20% off with free returns and free delivery. 

Rosannah Jacket from Boden £98  Which makes this £78.40 using the above code.



Embroidered at Monsoon £79  Either a clashing print with a floral or leopard print dress or make the most of a simple tee and jeans.  Ankle boots and you're done. 




Must. Not.  Buy.  Any.  More.  Jackets.  From.  Zara.... Oh bum. (no I haven't bought it.... only as I've just remembered I have my embroidered orange one from Zara which I shall be wearing tomorrow).

Coloured Lace Blazer from Zara £49.99



Making a statement at & Other Stories with studs.  If you always wear a black blazer or black biker, then this could be the answer to changing it up a bit for Spring (note to self....)


Dome Studded Jacket £125



Changing it up a bit at & Other Stories with a cropped cord number.. I have to say I love the 70s vibe of this but I'd probably size down (as I not remotely young and trendy and would merely look like I was trying to hide huge bingo wings in this).

Cropped Corduroy Jacket in navy £89



Similar shape at Mango but in a linen mix.   Ditto above in sizing down.

Pocket linen-blend jacket £59.99



Slimmer shape at hush also in navy. 

Fitzgerald Jacket £65


A jacket with a difference at River Island.  These are perfect if you don't fancy the fussiness and detailing of a biker jacket but like the shape - this is a pared back, simple and one could say, more elegant version.  This comes in SIX different colours including:-

Navy faux suede cropped jacket £60


Green faux suede 


Mustard yellow £60 and also orange, cream and oxblood.



And plain at Mango.  Oh my lord I love this one.  I mean properly adore it... I will be Katherine Hepburn in this jacket.  Enough said.

Buttoned Texture Jacket in Cream from Mango £59.99  and it's sold out in my size - OH FOR THE LOVE OF THE LORD.  



Finishing with fabulously easy to throw on over pretty much anything at Boden.  This would take you from a wedding to the perfect weekend with jeans outfit.  Don't forget H2F9 for your 20% off...

Sylvia Jacket in Boden £140 in mimosa yellow



In carnival pink... again £140


Or the navy... 



So here I am in mine that I've had for three years now from Zara.  Every year I think - meh, I shouldn't keep this and every year I end up praying it doesn't ever fall apart or a button fall off (I know I could replace all the buttons but.. well seeing as I have dry cleaning at the bottom of the laundry bin from last Summer, the chances of that happening are not high, I'll be frank).


Dress - French Connection (gift aw17)
Striped polo neck - Selected Femme from Collen & Clare (aw16)
Jacket - Zara (3yrs old)
Bag - Balenciaga (aw16)
Trainers - Kurt Geiger (gift current)

And last night, I was so honoured to be invited to Dinner at the new John Lewis Westfield, the night before it opened.  Such an incredible store.  It's like John Lewis, only better. AND.. and and and they sell Madewell.  The first "store" to stock it in the UK.  I am absolutely dying to go back and spend a whole day enjoying their "experiences".  Including "we will find you your perfect jeans".  Now THAT'S a challenge and a half! 

I decided to look as if I'd got dressed in the dark and challenge all things 70s.  With a hint of Ru Paul, Pat Butcher and Su Pollard thrown in for good measure. 

And dare I say I LOVED this outfit! 



Dress - Day Birger at Anthropologie (sale aw17)
Coat - Helene Birman at Anthropologie (aw17)
Bag - Hill & Friends (gift current)
Earrings - Zara (current)
Boots - Mango (aw17)

Tomorrow I will be back - maybe with jackets, maybe with shoes, maybe with something a lot more pared back and classic.  

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comentarios:

  1. I love a short jacket in the spring! Some things I'm late to the party with (blazers and white sneakers for example), but not short jackets. I do have quite a collection now, mostly bought in the sales. Boden is also great for us petites (not all jackets are in petite sizing though), as they fit just right, and not all of them scream Boden. I've been thinking a cream one next - the mango one is sold out in my size too, which is okay as buttons on the sleeves make it awkward to turn them up.

    ReplyDelete