These boots were made for walking...

… as in proper walking.  Dare I say... hiking?!  

So these are another real marmite number - they're not actually for REAL walking - think of the fugly trainer scenario - they're more to be worn as a juxtaposition with a pretty dress or skirt. 

OR obviously, they make the perfect partner to skinnies, oversized jumpers and aviator jackets.  Weekend dress down at its finest.

Although actually, thinking about it, you COULD walk absolutely miles in them.  

Last year they were very much had the shock factor.  They were VERY out of the blue - but this year, they do seem to be much more mainstream. 

I appreciate they may be a very very slow burn but I promise you, these are going nowhere.  What do we think?!

First up, good old Kurt Geiger.  I know these aren't more feminine but there is something softer about them in a paler colour?  Just me being rather mad again?

Regent White Leather Boots £259



Or there are the paler versions of the Grenson Nanette's that I bought last year (mine are black leather).

Nanette Boots from Grenson £255





White ARTIST Lace up Boots from Topshop £75




Going brown... the chestnut pair from Grenson are definitely TOP of my wish list.

Nanette boots from Grenson £255




Chestnut and not quite as chunky from Carvela.

Snail Tan Flat Boots £169




Irwell Boots from hush £230





Black and more pared back with a classic pair of Dr Marten's £135




These ones I think are reminiscent of my beloved Nanettes from Grenson for a fraction of the price. They're not remotely the same but they do have a similar vibe.

ASOS DESIGN Amellie Chain Ankle Boots £65


Ode to Dr Marten's for a snip of the cost. 

ASOS DESIGN Leather boots £55




And the same in wine leather, also only £55 from ASOS DESIGN.





Biker style now - so some with buckles.

Sprint Black Leather Biker Boots from Kurt Geiger £189



But actually I'm sitting on the rest of the buckle boots for another day as I have come across too many that are amazing... but aren't actually quite as chunky as these ones. 

And here I am in not anything remotely boot like... tomorrow, I'm going in for different footwear. 

I am though however wearing both pairs of Tu Clothing jeans from the blog the other day.


Untitled 

Tee - Starlover (gift current)
Blazer - M&S (from paid partnership AW17)
Trainers - Kurt Geiger (gift ss18)
Bag - Loewe (ss18)




Untitled


Jumper - hush (gift current)
Coat - M&S (aw17)
Loafers - Gucci (current)
Bag - Mulberry (10yrs ago)

As I said over on Instagram, this outfit epitomises how I like to dress.  The old, new, designer, high street, niche online and supermarket.  All mixed together.  Plus a pair of skinny jeans worn in a different way - I would usually always team with an oversized jumper and boots or hi tops. And that's something I'm also going to be exploring more, both here and on Instagram - how to style different items to make the most of them.  Which makes cost per wear a lot less and you get a whole new look for no further purchases.   

And these boots above are a fine example.  Ideal with a midi skirt or dress and just as good with skinny jeans or leather leggings for treks on the weekend.  All coming soon! 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

4 comentarios:

  1. And who says walking round the shops with your best mate isn't serious walking?😉
    There are loads of seriously stylish boots there,and they look like they could be just the thing for the worst of Danish winter weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your nice article. Great one. Liked it. Keep up the good work. you are a best blogger. your blog is very useful and so informative. I thank you very much for sharing!
    My blog: topshoesbrand.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice boots

    https://justlady.co/product/fiona-ayesha-heavy-dupatta-collection-22131-to-22137-series/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing knowledge and I like to share this kind of information with my friends and hope they like it they why I do.. garden boots

    ReplyDelete