They're like buses...

...which I am 99% sure is a post title I use about this time every year. 

Bring on the discount codes.  Bring on new season, bring on sunshine, bring on Spring, bring on hope and promise...ok so got slightly carried away with that last one but there is something about this time of year that is curiously positive.  Except that it's not even February and we have a long time until we're cracking out the daffodils and hot cross buns, not to mention sandals. 

However, for me - there is nothing more uplifting than the addition of something into your wardrobe to breathe Spring life into your old favourites and 20% off definitely makes it a lot more appetising. 

And today - the discount is at Warehouse.  This was just a code (it's not even a code - the discount is automatically applied online)  I was sent via a marketing email that everyone else who signs up to their newsletter would have received, it's not any part of a paid relationship. 

Warehouse are one of those stores - I think a bit like River Island from last week, that when I go in, I struggle to find anything.  

On the other hand, online, it's a veritable treasure trove.  Especially when it comes to clothes with versatility.  Which is one of the things I'm planning on focusing on this season.  New additions to your wardrobe that you can wear to work, that you can wear for play (by this, I mean nights out as opposed to making shapes at the trampoline park or climbing wall centre....) and you can dress down and wear for the weekend.  

What better place to start than what looks like a suit and smells like a suit and can, of course, be worn as a suit.  But separately, the two pieces offer a myriad of opportunity worn with different sorts of outfits. 

Starting with the trousers.  Suit for work - obvious choice.  But pair with a loose knit and an oversized coat and voila, you have a chic dress down outfit.  A tee and a biker for super relaxed.  With a silk pussy bow blouse and heels for dinner in the evening. 

I am just going to throw it in here, that these are machine washable.

Heritage Peg Trouser was £42 now £33.60



And the blazer.. 

Heritage Check Blazer was £56 now £44.80 



A sneak peak at something I'm going to get my teeth stuck into and that's a co-ord. 

These are going to be my investment buys of the season - watch this space, I will be back.  In the meantime, here is a perfect example of how useful they with a gem of a set.

Spot Print Skirt was £49 now £39.20  Wear as a dress but also wear the skirt as a separate.  



With the matching shirt which would look just as good with boyfriend jeans and a loose blazer as styled above.

Spot Print Shirt was £39 now £31.20



Speaking of spots and my next pick of the Warehouse crop are shirt dresses.  Absolutely perfect for work, you can even dress up for weddings, throw on a denim jacket and trainers for the weekend.

Stripe and spot shirt dress was £39 now £31.20



Cotton Midi Shirt Dress was £42 was £33.60



Stripe Shirt Dress was £42 now £33.60



Can't not mention the knitwear - compulsory for this time of year.  Wear with the trousers or skirts above or over the shirt dresses.  

Cosy Crew Jumper in Pink was £32 now £25.60



In the grey...



But for me, it's the yellow that gets my vote... you know all that navy I've been trying to persuade you to buy?  Well this and navy together - Spring right there in an outfit.


I personally prefer with navy as opposed to black.  Although they are the colours of our rugby club (nuff said), at least it does avoid any wasp/bee comparisons.


The other obvious choice to inject instant new life into your wardrobe is with a new accessory or two and whilst we're on the subject of yellow being pure Spring...

Double Compartment Cross Body Bag was £26 now £20.80



This is the bargain of the day for me though - I cannot believe this is leather for this price.  It looks so so SO much more expensive.

Monogram leather top zip bag was £31 now £24.80



Or in the berry....



And finally, my first sunglasses choice of the year.  

Aviator Sunglasses was £16 now £12.80



This offer ends at midnight on Jan 31st.  Just in time to get all geared up for February.  There's a reason it's the shortest month of the year - none of us can hack too much of it. 

And here I am in the past couple of days, celebrating my birthday.  The big 45.  As my daughter so delicately put it, "you're half way to 90 now mum".  Thanks.  Thanks a bunch.  On the upside, she obviously expects me to get there which is a bonus, I guess. 

Thursday, had meetings in the morning and then a lovely, very long lunch with some of my closest girl friends.  Scott's in Mayfair - a truly treat birthday affair. 

Untitled

Dress - Borgo de Nor from Fenwicks Bond Street (sale aw17)
Jacket - Jigsaw (gift aw17)
Bag - Loewe from Matches (current)
Earrings - Zara (aw17)
Trainers - Golden Goose from Farfetch (sale aw17)

Slightly different story yesterday which was my actual birthday and a run took up the morning (it does take me a long time to recover at the moment - week three and she's upped the homework ante to 35 mins - I had no idea how much of a difference just that 5 minutes would make...), a lovely friend had some of us over for lunch, out for pizza for tea with the kids and then a school quiz night.  Yes, all the rock and roll but I LOVE a quiz!  We came third... my not entirely useful contribution was in the song lyrics category (dredged up some Kinks and Kate Bush gems from goodness knows where)

During the day 

Untitled 

Jumper - Zara (aw16)

Leather joggers - Rue de Femme (sample sale ss17)
Blazer - M&S (part of paid partnership aw17)
Trainers - Air & Grace (gift 2yrs ago)
Bag - Loewe from Matches (current)

And then out last night. 


Untitled

Jumper - Me+Em (gift current)

Trousers - Me+Em (gift sale aw17)
Blazer - Me+Em (3yrs old)

Tonight I have friends over for a birthday dinner party - the husband is being Chef which is a dream come true and then tomorrow evening we've been invited to spend the nights as guests of Amberley Castle which I am so so so looking forward to.   

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend, 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment