The last battle cry of the Summer

 This blog post contains affiliate/ad links

So as I sit and type this, the sun is shining, the end of the week looks like it's going to be gorgeous and I can't see the temperature dipping below 18 for the next couple of weeks (that's because I checked two weather apps, not because I have some sort of bizarre in built weather vane).

Anyway, I still think we can wear sandal.  Especially those of the chunky monkey variety - the fuglier the better.  They need to be solid and hard wearing and will absolutely take you into the Autumn months on sunnier days.  Plus you're also ready for Spring next year...Or... is there going to be a holiday in October?  I can't quite see it, but you never know.

I have worn mine all Summer and will continue to wear them for the next month or so.  Yes they've worked for me with dresses but into September, I'm planning on teaming with wide leg cropped trousers, thin knits, trenches or blazers.  

Now I have favoured the two strap birkenstock style of which there are some FAB options. 

Interestingly hardly any of these are in the sale but that's because people are wearing thee into the Autumn and these styles will also be around next season as well.

As much as I love coloured ones (I've lived in a pair of yellow Birkenstocks - alas sold out now), probably the most useful colour will be black. 

Newport Leather Sandals from hush £79



Although tan is obviously the next best option.  Perfect with all Autumnal shades as well as leopard and camo.

In the tan - the Newport £79


Speaking of the perfect Autumnal shade - how about a classic leopard in the sale at ASOS?

Birkenstock Arizona sandals in leopard were £75 now £60

Classic black Birkies at & Other Stories.

Birkenstock Arizona EVA £35



Single Strap but a complete bargain from Tu at Sainsburys.

SPOT ON Black Mock Croc sandals from Tu were £16 now £8



And a platform one strap mule at Mango 

Platform Leather Sandals from Mango £59.99



Love these from Shoeaholics - you can pretty much always get a discount with them if you subscribe to their newsletter.

Dizzy from Shoeaholics Collection was £39 now £34


And in the white. Love. These.  All black outfit - white shoes, Indian Summer nailed.

Dizzy sandals from Shoeaholics were £39 now £34


I have been a huge fan of my sheepskin ones over the Summer but these are perfect for the Autumn.

Krumble in navy from Carvela at Shoeaholics were £120 now £49



For me - with hindsight, I would have LOVED to have got an embellished pair.  The idea of a completely plain outfit and then some sandals that do all the talking - OH YES! 

Elton Sandals from hush were £89 now £50

These however - oh helloooooo

Candy from Carvela at Shoeaholics were £129 now £44



Studded again at hush in the sale.

Lisle Studded Leather Sandals from hush were £99 now £65




Then there are the extra strap option...

Bertie Larsen Leather Chunky Sandals from John Lewis £75



Chunky leather sandals at Arket £150



All Black Tara Sport Sandals £115 from Anthropologie 




As much as I am usually a lover of a delicate strappy sandal, the long walks this Summer, combined with a pebble beach has meant it's been chunky, wearable and all about the comfort this Summer.   I don't think I'm "quite" ready to get the socks out yet.. although there are then the mule versions.  OOH maybe I'll do some mules...

And here are a couple of pics of me in mine - in some more Autumnal style outfits so you can see how I thought you could wear them into the cooler months.




And I will be back with...hmm I might leave boots until next week - maybe leather jackets (thinking about all things transitional...), maybe trench coats, maybe some inspo from my latest obsession Schitt's Creek.  It's all David Rose's fault....

Share this:

CONVERSATION

6 comentarios:

  1. 8 Miles are known for its superlative quality, designing innovation and niche creation. With a penchant for contemporary aesthetics and an outstanding sense of fashion is what has kept us going & growing. Get your Denim Jeans Manufacturers In Delhi

    Visit: https://www.8miles.in/branded-designer-denim-jeans-manufacturer.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. UNBELIEVABLE QUICK HERPES CURE BY HERBALIST RAZOR. VISIT HERBALIST RAZOR WEBSITE :

    https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome

    Hello!!! I’m indeed very happy for the great help that Dr Razor rendered to me,I was diagnosed with HSV 2 on July 7, 2017 and I have tried all possible means to get cure but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum concerning herbal doctor Dr Razor, who prepares herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases/Infection including Herpes Simplex virus Type 2, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbal doctor via his email, He assured me of a cure, he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me instructions on how to use it, I applied it as instructed, i was cured of this deadly virus within 18 days of usage,he told me to go for a medical check up and i went for test, I couldn't believe i was negative and the HERPES VIRUS in my body got cured, I and my family are so happy and grateful to God for using Dr Razor to Liberate me. Reach Out to this great herbal doctor via his email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com Whatsapp or call him on +234 90 6542 0442

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please Pardon me for Posting this on your Platform, But I had to do it for those interested and needs help. Contact Herbalist Razor who cured me of Herpes Infection .When Physicians Failed me and gave me no hope of a promised tomorrow, Herbalist Razor proved Them wrong , and Cured me of HSV 2 with his Herbal Supplement. Contact Him and Get yourself Freed from this Curse of a Virus. He Also Has CBD oils for Curing Cancer completely .
    Contact him Through his Email : herbalistrazorherbalhome@gmail.com

    WhatsApp/Call Herbalist Razor via +2349065420442.

    His Website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome

    Facebook Page : https://web.facebook.com/HerbalistrazorMedicinalcure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have suffered from Herpes Simplex Virus since I was 16 years old, and it was an absolute nightmare. Whatever I did to cure it, it just kept on coming back. My doctor was no help at all, as he gave up after switching between several medications. Since I found your(DR RAZOR) treatment, my life is so much better. No more excruciating Urinating pains. No more sleepless nights. And no more Painful Blisters. ”I am Forever Grateful Because this Treatment of yours has completely healed me and changed my life". Contact DOCTOR RAZOR Through his clinic Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com . WhatsApp/ Call him on
    +2349065420442 . I am more Glad that After Having this virus for over 14 years i still could be cured. Thank you so much DR RAZOR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was suffering from Herpes for good three years with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and because I was unable to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. If you need his help or you also want to get cured just the way I got mine,He also have herbs medicine to cure the following diseases;Contact. Robinson.buckler ((@)) yahoo. com____________
    CANCER
    EPILEPSY.
    HIV AIDS.
    DIABETICS
    STROKE.
    EXPANDS OF PENIS BREAST
    HERPES.
    SYPHILIS.

    ReplyDelete