It's skinted or minted time.

We're back to the old, is imitation the most sincere form of flattery?  Well clearly some people think so as I've stumbled over some corking high street bags which are definitely more than a nod to some designer options. 

As it has now become known - are you skinted or minted?  (as my husband would say, are you sensible or a stark raving looney?  Luckily he was more than aware which camp I fell into before we got married.  I think....).  I'm not going to lie, I do like my designer bags (pompous shallow alert).  There, I've said it.  However my Whistles Charelle bag has really been a hero to me this year and I have to say if they did the Lena Bag below in a tan, I would buy it in a heartbeat.  I have salivated over the Chloe ones for so long but just have never been quite able to justify it (in other words something else has always been more important - yes Mr Wang, I'm looking at you...) 

I know we've just had a handbag post but hey, I'm on a roll.  Plus, I'm sure it hasn't slipped anyone's attention, especially you Mums out there, that Christmas is around the corner.  Gulp.  What better way to make it more palatable than start with making that Christmas List.   Yours, of course. 

So without further ado, let's see the beauties. 

Reiss Lena Bag in Graphite  £149




And in off white (this would just be gorgeous all year round) 



Which to me, is remarkably similar to the Chloe Marcie Mini Satchel in Dove for £450


And in black (dare I say I may actually prefer the graphite...) 




Moving on to M&S and their Limited Edition Plate Shopper  £35 (obviously not leather but a very good version).  In wine, black, cobalt blue and black/white.  The slight ringer in the pack but it definitely screamed Hulme at me when I was mooching through. 





As opposed to the fashionista's darling, Sophie Hulme £590  

Or the black one which is the Large Structured Tote at £615

And finishing with a fantastic tribute (!) to the Anya Hindmarch Maxi Zip Satchel collection.

From John Lewis - the Hayley range.  Unsurprisingly, a number of these have sold out in some colours.  (but they do have some great colours left - am absolutely loving the green personally) 

The Crossbody handbag - a rather bargainous £69





The Maxi Zip cross body bag from Anya Hindmarch £495





However for me, the bargain of the day has to be the Shoulder Handbag in Dove for £79.  Remind you of anything?!  I cannot describe how useful my Anya in the same colour is - anyone that follows my blog ever will know that I use it at least a couple of times a week.  Absolutely adore it. 



Having said that, the tan is beyond tempting.....  Lovely rich tan which will go with everything.


So there we have it - I'm sure I'll come across more on my travels and will definitely let you know. 

Finishing with a couple of outfits from the last couple of days. 

Untitled

White vest - Joseph
Navy and off white jumper - Zara
Straight legs rolled up - Earl
Navy coat - H&M
Silver bean necklace - Tiffanys
Leather cuff - Warehouse
Navy with cream toe ballet flats - The British Flat Shoe Company 
Stone maxi zip satchel - Anya Hindmarch

And this outfit which I had on today and absolutely loved.  

Untitled

White shirt - H&M
Distressed biker jeans - By Malene Birger
Navy boucle jacket - Zara
Navy with cream toe ballet flats - The British Flat Shoe Company
Leather cuffs- Warehouse and Hultquist
Stone Maxi Zip satchel - Anya Hindmarch 




Loads of goodies on the horizon including the dress thread.  Coming up!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

4 comentarios:

  1. I was wondering had anyone spotted the Sophia Hulme type bags in M&S! Such a pity they are not in leather. Might buy the blue one anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're v similar aren't they! And yes, totally with you on the not leather thing. Drives me bonkers although to be completely fair my non leather one from last year has lasted so so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bought the Dove Grey shoulder bag from JL today after seeing it here. Sold out on website but found it in store. It is lovely! I would still like the Anya, or even better the Tom Ford Jennifer, but this is a purse friendly alternative!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fab! Yes, the Anya definitely has a whiff of the Jennifer about it and even that's a far purse friendly version. The TF bags are just insane money. So pleased you love it. x

      Delete