The dearth that is the land of navy handbags

But I've done as well as I can.  There isn't a right lot to choose from out there.  I know I said yesterday that I could never find any evening suede shoots I liked but actually, there's a much better selection of them out there, compared to navy handbags.  I've actually been looking for years.  And then I change my mind and revert to my beloved tan (and of course there will be a tan bag thread coming shortly.  Totally obligatory for me every season).  Or black.  Or grey.  I don't actually think I've ever had a navy bag.  For the first time ever I can legitimately say I "need" something. (small skip!) 

Starting with a complete beauty.  I will admit I never thought I'd be including anything from East but this bag - oh my lord, absolutely stunning. 

East Leather Hobo bag £120




The Fossil Erin fold over bag is another gorgeous option £169





Now this isn't leather, but we have said that there is a distinct shortage of these around so beggars can't be choosers.   Having said all of that, it's super cute and I love the nod to mixing black and navy.  Goes with so so so much.  A really easy bag to use, I just love it.  My double pocket black bag from last year wore really well from M&S Limited Edition last year, so I'm sure this one would be as ace. 






M&S are on a roll with their navy and black bags albeit not leather again, but still a great nod to the structured trend that's everywhere this season.  The detailing on this is stunning and looks a lot more expensive than its £39.50 price tag. 

M&S Collection Padlock Tote bag  Love the stud detailing on the bottom of the bag. 








Keeping on the theme of navy and black, Whistles have come up trumps with their Joanie Bowling bag.  I have a Whistles bag (the grey Cherelle) and I can vouch for the quality.  Superb.









This is a lovely classic shape.  Furla Arianna £185




The Elsie Satchel from Atterley Road is a preppy cross body bag.  £115.  Rather Bally if you ask me. 





Another classic from Zatchels - navy saddle bag £60





Slightly off piste here but this is too cute not to put in and for all those people over the years who have looked for a fab navy evening bag but haven't ever been able to find one - get this and put it in your wardrobe.  I am tempted to get this just because.  I'm not even going to mention the black edging (mentally thinking about how this would be perfect for those evenings out - black boots, navy jacket.  Oops I may just have ordered it.  If only I could now remember where that black and navy cluster necklace was from.  They even had matching earrings - not that I'd wear both together.  Oh darn my early onset Alzheimer's)  

Warehouse Smooth padded box clutch bag - £28 (let's not mention that binbag skirt she's got on.  She's about 12.  We can forgive her) 







But finishing with perhaps my two faves.  These for me would definitely stand the test of time and I know I'd be using them for years. 

Firstly from the lovely Rebecca Minkoff who actually always does some lovely navy bags - this is my pick this season.  The Bubble Quin Bucket bag in navy - £309 from Selfridges.  This won't be around long as it's such a great price for a designer bag. 





This is actually a gorgeous slouchy bag if not filled too much - just stunning.   The perfect cross between classic and a bit more boho. 


And finishing with my other fave (although the more I look at the Minkoff, the more I love it.  Reminds me of my Marc Jacobs Faridah which has given me seven years and still going strong!), the Ilona bag from Plumo £229

Swoon.  That's all there is to say. 



Finishing with my outfit from yesterday.  DIdn't get round to taking one today.  Car went in for a service so I had a whole day at home, sorting washing, doing paperwork and searching for  yet more tiles, utility rooms and bathrooms.  I am absolutely no further forward than I was this morning.  Great.  



Untitled

Grey and cream striped top - Zara
Quilted biker jacket - Zara
Charcoal jersey harems - Toast
Suede Beas - Ash
Linen scarf - Zara
Grey Cherelle Bag - Whistles 

I'll be back over the weekend.  Jury's still out on with what but it'll be something exciting!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

31 comentarios:

  1. Some great choices! I decided a while ago that navy would be my staple of choice instead of black, and while finding clothes isn't a problem, finding decent bags and shoes definitely is. Going to check some of these out, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love navy - a friend of mine wears absolutely black at all and only navy and always looks great. Can't quite give up my black addiction just yet mind....

      Delete
  2. I have the tan version of this bag and absolutely love it. http://www.justfab.co.uk/index.cfm?action=shop.viewproduct&displayVideoTab=1&tab=bag&featured_product_location_id=0&product_id=563338&psrc=&master_product_id=563338&original_master_product_id=563338

    ReplyDelete
  3. The M&S Limited Edition snakeskin one is actually really lovely despite not being leather. I was playing with it the other week and was sorely tempted because the colours and the design is so spot on for this winter. I might go back for it yet. Heck, I haven't had a nice bag for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to go and check it out tomorrow! x

      Delete
  4. Oh lord, what are you doing to me! Stop showing such gorgeous things - was due to go out to M&S tomorrow for black shoots and now am lusting after that plumo IT IS GORGEOUS The fossil is also cool - who knew? My list for A/W is growing - could you please do a post on gorgeous daywear outfits for Xmas day boxing day? Maybe warm dresses or jumpers with lace pencil skirts ooh in grey maybe? Have a great wend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The m&s autograph shoots didn't work out - you were right, too low at the front reminding me of grannie slippers or something. What to wear tonight now? Oh well, mire Plumo funds!

      Delete
    2. They look SO great on some people but just didn't work for me at all. I do have a gift though for making cool things look completely frumpy. Duh.

      Delete
  5. Oh be still my beating heart. Gorgeous bags! Reading your blog is the adult version of a child going into a sweetie shop. So many beautiful things to choose from. Might have to start giving the husband hints about what a great Christmas present the Minkoff bag would be...

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love the bags. Jury out on the outfit tho......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE this outfit! So comfy. I felt great in it which is the main thing!

      Delete
  7. Love that Minkoff bag - feeling the need for it in my life! Luff me a bit of navy. I seem to remember you saying recently that you were planning a post on A/W dresses...looking forward to that please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the East one is my favourite by far, which goes to show, never not look at a brand you wouldn't normally buy from when on the hunt for something specific. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true isn't it. I've discovered the most random things from brands I wouldn't look at normally but keeping an open mind (actually to be fair, it's more that I've got totally desperate!)

      Delete
  9. http://www.modalu.com/shop/pippa-bags-handbags/pippa-grab-navy-bag.html
    http://www.stylebop.com/gb/product_details.php?wid=165291
    http://www.massimodutti.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/duttigb/en/30220002/724515/2847002/LEATHER%2BBUCKET%2BBAG%2BWITH%2BZIPS
    I too put in far more internet time than is healthy looking for a navy bag, this is what I came up with... That Plumo bag would drive me bloody bananas, how deep down would you have to be scrabbling around for housekeys? x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the first bag - didn't need to scroll down to the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd never heard of East until Mum and I popped in to the Covent Garden one after the Boden press day in May. The clothing was to Mum's taste but I was impressed with the bags and jewellery. The East bag is a great pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god yes, the clothes are interesting to say the least. But their accessories are fab indeed. You're right, jewellery is also great. x

      Delete
  12. Fabulous bags...now i have to decide which one i want. :-/ or was it all of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I could definitely do more than one!

      Delete
  13. I love this one:
    http://www.johnlewis.com/michael-michael-kors-selma-travel-satchel-handbag/p379701?colour=Navy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh booo the link doesn't work. Love Michael Kors brand though.

      Delete
  14. Adore the IIona! It is just perfect! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  15. Top part of this outfit is fine but the bottom part, pants and shoes look like they belong on a scruffy teenager. Im all for dressing stylish but this doesn't work at all especially not with the top half. You always look so stylish like Elle McPhearson but sorry, this is just not a good look. Sorry sorry sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horses for courses, this was just a really laid back casual outfit for a day of charging round after the kids doing chores. I love a jersey harem pant but do appreciate they are very marmite. Thank you so much for saying that I normally dress like Elle - I may love you a tiny bit!

      Delete