Topping it off


But dressing it down.  As I mentioned yesterday, I have descended to one step above sloth and have been living in the dress downs.  I am at the age (and the level of gluttony) where over indulging for a couple of days, no longer means that jeans are slightly tight.  It means they're cutting off the circulation to my knees.  

I need stretch and comfort.  And I've grown to love it.  It's so easy to be able to dress down and have a little arsenal of jersey loveliness in your wardrobe that you can just throw on without thinking about it.

Of course there are oodles of new things about (must not look, must not look..... until next week anyway) but this being the season of all things sales, it would be rude not to attack what is actually the last of the last.  Like I said yesterday, things really are selling out.  Very limited sizing in so much - it's taken me ages to trawl through and find these bits but there definitely are some little gems still out there.  

For weekends, for those days off and into the Summer, everyone needs a host of slouchy tops to wear. 

This jacket is actually a little bit more than that - would work just as well in a smarter look but the ideal thing to fling over joggers to go to the supermarket and not get mistaken for Vicky Pollard. 

American Vintage Zip Jacket in cotton Burn out  now £47 instead of £105




What's not to love with a great grey sweat top.  Goes with everything - wearable all year round. 





Now clearly Whistles have got it exactly right with their sweatshirts - there aren't many left at full price, let alone in the sale so if you're after a smarter version of a slob about, this is the one to get - an ultimately universally useful grey with black flecks.  

Whistles Casey Dash Sweatshirt - now £45 was £75



Mint Velvet fly the flag for all things scrummy with another grey winner.

Mint Velvet Silver Grey Textured Blocked Sweatshirt now £39 for £59


Mint Velvet Kezia Print Sweatshirt £45 was £65




This is moving up the paygrade a bit but you would be able to wear it all year round - from dinner out to camping - seriously, these were my main stay of clothing when I was camping in France in the summer.  Hence my justification of the million or ten I now own. 

MSGM Floral Brocade Jumper now £111 from £185






I've thrown this in as I absolutely love it and it's sold out pretty much everywhere I've looked but I managed to find it on Atterley Road.  Would be ideal to wear to the office - that sort of sweatshirt. 



This isn't exactly a sweatshirt, sweatshirt but it's a great top for dress down.  Loving all things Breton as per usual.

Saint James Meridien oversized striped top £25 down from £55






Now stretching my boundaries slightly and hauling some knitwear into the equation.  Great for throwing on as snugglies and wonderful to take you into the spring for those days when you don't need a coat - just add a huge scarf. 

I have a Breton jumper that I got from Zara about 6 years ago and I absolutely love it.  It was a complete impulse purchase, was about £24 and gets dragged out every year, all seasons.  I love it and will cry when it dies.  This is almost a good enough reason to have a substitute in the wings.  This one would fit the bill perfectly. 

Petit Bateau Carillion Jumper from Atterley Road now £39 from £79








And a couple of exceptionally useful numbers from Mint Velvet again.

Silver Grey Square Cashmere Blend knit  £55 from £69





Champagne square knit £49 from £69






Now since we've moved onto knitwear, this is sliding in under the radar as a) it's knitted and b) it's super easy to wear as a casual throw on. c) it goes in the wash!  I had one of these similarish in jersey a couple of years ago (ok about 7) from Monsoon and it only died last year.  You won't know how useful it is until you have it and wondered how you lived without one.

Absolutely gorgeous and perfect for the Spring/Summer. 

Ted Navy Knitted Jacket from Reiss £95 down from £145




Finishing with the one Sales bargain that I am over the moon with (this is, of course, ignoring the other pair of Reiss Brompton shoes that I ordered - this time in the Cobalt blue.  Having spent the best part of a morning tracking down the off white ones, it suddenly occurred to me at an ungodly hour last night that actually the cobalt blue ones are probably a better buy.  Which was handy as they were reduced further - now to £129 - and I managed to snaffle the last pair online this morning to pick up from store later in the week.  I will return one of them. Honest guv.... We all know that now of course, they're both going to look utterly pants.  Typical) 

But my other bargain (well it's not really a bargain - it's from Zara - there are no such things as bargains in the Zara sale which is why I haven't documented any of them.  The most rubbish reductions ever but reduced is reduced and I said if this was in my size then I would get it) is this check, totally marmite, coat.  I LOVE it.  Flouts every one of my Sales Rules which is why I've just slung it in at the end.  Oh I guess it does go with a fair bit in my wardrobe so perhaps I am excused... ish. 

This morning went to my favourite local restaurant The Vine to have breakfast with very good friends of our - 8 adults and 11 kids between us to celebrate a friend's birthday.  Champagne at 10.30 on New Year's Day is a cracking way to start the celebrations in my book. 

Untitled Untitled

Cream sculptured top - Whistles
Navy coated zip skinnies - Zara
Check coat - Zara
Tan Cypress boots - Acne
Sierra necklace - Stella & Dot
Whiskey Medium Marcie Satchel - Chloe

So tonight we are off out with the same friends to a dinner party, handily round the corner.  I love NYE - off to straighten the hair again (am going for a change is as good as a rest at the moment and totally loving the GHD Eclipses which were a small Christmas pressie to myself.) 

I hope everyone has a fantastic night and look forward to catching up tomorrow when I shall be back with some drastic New Year's Resolutions.  

I would also like to say a huge Thank You to everyone who has read the blog and commented on the blog during the year.  You all make it worthwhile, I hope you have enjoyed it and here's to bigger and better next  year.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

Much love, Kat xxx

Share this:

CONVERSATION

4 comentarios:

  1. Such a great coat.
    Well I'm working tonight, so I'm in a sweatshirt and jeans- no glamour here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coat is super - sure you will get lots of times to wear it. Especially with this cold, rainy weather. Can't wait for your spring ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Asos grey sweater, would have nabbed that if they had my size left. That Zara coat looks amazing on you, you have the height to carry it off. I reckon you will get a lot of wear out of it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat. Let me start by saying that you and your blog are an absolute inspiration for me. You are beautiful and your sense of style is breathtaking. I love how you go about tips on what to wear and how to wear in perfect details.
    I am a newbie blogger and coming across your blog just gave me so much confidence.

    ReplyDelete