Oh I've caved.

I said I wasn't going to do it - I swore I wasn't going to do it.  I was going to stick to the list.  I wasn't going to get swayed by glossy brochures, ads in magazines or pretty pics on Instagram. 

Well that went well.  Not.  Every year it's the same.  Blooming Boden.  Actually it's everyone that sends me something I can peruse at leisure in bed, on the sofa, in the car whilst waiting for the kids - something of a paper nature.  So we can hold Next, The White Company, Plumo, Hush, Wrap & Baukjen et al equally as responsible.  

But Boden get the brunt of my fury today as they are always first with their seasonal leaflet of torture. 

However they also get an entire blog devoted to all things of loveliness that they are TORTURING ME WITH.  I know that I can look at loads of other things online but I am still somewhat old school and love a catalogue.  I'll get my zimmer frame.... But it can't be just me surely?

There is something so alluring about seeing a lifestyle set out all for you.  Oh I know, it's saccharine sweet, those jolly, perky ladies are no way old (or knackered looking enough) to have kids the same age as the ones that gamble along next to them, all clean and well behaved.  Boak. 

And I love it.  I will admit that I was never the hugest fan of Boden generally, though all three of my children have been dressed head to toe courtesy of Johnnie (via a small mortgage....) but in the last couple of years, without a shadow of a doubt, they have upped their game enormously.  Whilst they do still have a couple of "Boden Favourites" (as they absolutely should - they certainly had a huge fan base and did exactly what it said on the tin), they definitely have turned a huge corner and are suddenly swimming in the same sea as some of our other more on trend favourite stores. 

Must point out - this post has zero sponsorship and nothing has been gifted by Boden.  This is my Wish List. 

To be honest, I take back any apology as I LOVE doing this (not just from Boden but from every catalogue that I get sent).  I love seeing things that I think I can slot neatly into my wardrobe, giving a new lease of life to the old dogs from last year and the rest of the decrepit beasts from my wardrobe. 

I will however, point out that the chances of these fitting into my capsule wardrobe are middling.  Middling to slim.  Slim to not very high at all....

Ach but that's what a Wish List is supposed to be.  

10% off full price code by the way I found by googling - M34B.  There are always a gazillion Boden codes hanging around for a discount plus free delivery and free returns.  Never ever ever pay full price.

Starting therefore from the outside in, jackets and coats.  Having got into my coat groove last year and eschewed all sniffs of a pink coat (actually, no I did buy one but returned it), nothing like being a whole season late and having top of my Wish List a pink coat.  Ha ha ha.  I am going to blame early onslaught Alzheimer's. 

Eliza Coat £189




They also do it in a navy but I have to say, seeing the pink above with the denim (well dark navy - in my head, denim would actually be a lot better) and the leopard print and nude accessories, I am totally sold. 

Navy Eliza Coat £189




We all know that I am rather partial to a blazer and seeing as last season and this season I have managed to accrue two check coats, it wasn't a huge surprise that I was drawn to this like a moth to a flame.  I honestly don't think I can justify this for one second but boy am I going to try..... 

British Tweed Blazer £149  Absolutely perfect with any jeans shape, ideal with khaki trousers.  Dress up for work with a shirt and capri pants, dress down over a tee, thin knit jumper and/or shirt.  Shoe wise, any flats, including the dreaded New Balance which I have to say I am maybe coming around to again for the A/W.....







Going back to navy and I know I said I preferred the pink coat, well I do, but this isn't really a coat as it's under knitwear so it's well and truly a cardigan... (see what I did there?)

Of course, I have my green coat from last year from Zara which I have to say I can't wait to get out again but if you didn't get one of those, then please can someone buy this in navy as it is just perfect.  And totally ideal for those inbetweeny months. 

Curzon Coatigan in navy £129



Although I have to say this shade of blue with navy and/or black for the A/W..... 

Curzon Coatigan in Gemstone £129


Staying with knitwear which Boden do so well, I am particularly taken by their collared tops. 

This one in black and grey I love.  Merino Collared Jumper £59  They do have other colourways too. 


However the first thing I shall be pressing Purchase on is the Sparkle Collar Breton top.  Pure lust.  I love the idea of this under a navy blazer, under my navy duster coat with denim or navy accessories.  Or mixing it up with my check Hobbs navy coat and gold ballet flats.  Even with leopard print - LOVE the idea of adding something a different print and just adding gold accessories. 

In love.  Absolutely genius idea. 

Sparkle Collar Breton top £39



Alternatively in Raven and Soft Blush.  Not sure I can get my head round this one as it seems to be brown to me but that may be the layers of sheeite that are on my laptop screen somewhat distorting the colour.... I would assume Raven would be black??  Anyone know? If it was black, pink and silver - oh hello...... 

Sparkle Collar Breton £39




Jeans wise, definitely think these are worth a try.  Love the zip detailing and dark grey is a great alternative to black. 

Casual Zip Jeans in Raven £59  (aha - they call these raven and that's a dark grey by all accounts.. hmmm dark grey and pink - yup that could work for the jumper above) 







Personally I would definitely be getting these, if I didn't already have a pair of khaki zip jeans.  Mine are 5 years old and to be honest could be doing with the zip replacing as I have worn them so so so much.  Actually how much is it to get a zip replaced?  It may just be worth getting these as they do them in a long..... 

Casual Zip Jeans in Faded Fatigue £59



I haven't even started on the shoes yet, I shall save those for another day.  But suffice to say there are some utterly utterly divine ones that aren't online yet.  Bejewelled within an inch of their life - they have my name all over them for sure, even if I just buy them to gaze at. 

Anything else caught your eye from what's online so far?  Am trying to work out my Need List from my Wish List..... I shall be back on this topic. 

Finishing with my outfit from yesterday. 

It was rather chilly here to be fair - not nearly as warm as it has been although it did get jollier in the afternoon and then absolutely tipped it down all evening and all night.  Hence me thinking it wasn't the worst idea in the world to have a look at A/W stock! 

image


Linen pale blue stripe shirt - Mango

White cut off jeans - Zara 
Navy blazer - Zara
Champagne espadrilles - Penelope Chilvers 
Tan bag - Prada 

Now of course I'm on a roll with new season goodies and the Wish List is growing by the day.  Must. Be. Strong...... Has anyone else caved on new season stock yet?  Come on, fess up and make me feel better at just looking, pretty please?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

36 comentarios:

  1. I caved on a denim pencil skirt at Zara, but at only 30 quid I'm not ashamed! Tried a few A lines ones on that did me no favours at all, then spotted the Zara one - a very narrow pencil shape, almost a wiggle skirt. Perfect with all the loose-ish tshirts that I wear with my skinnies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh that sounds like a fab idea. Yes an A line denim skirt can look fab on Alex at The Fugality or Alexa Chung - me? I just look like I've escaped from Boden circa 2001 which isn't a plan.....

      Delete
  2. Love the sparkle collar Breton!! Nice one!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. NEED the sparkle collar top...and my google search found me 15% off :-) A44F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOH you are a better googler than me. Do you mind if I update my post with it? x

      Delete
  4. Ooohhh, I need those zip khaki jeans! I somehow missed those! I'm a massive fan of Boden and had my preview order this week. A few lovely things but a couple of returns too. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh come on Lynne - spill, what did you keep? And what did you send back - come on....! x

      Delete
    2. Ok here goes... Kept: a fab mohair biker cardigan (sounds a bit wrong but I love it!), red/white Breton, Westbourne jumper in oatmeal (neutral classic I'm thinking...), a teal bird print tunic (so pretty). It soon adds up doesn't, it?
      Returned: Highgate dress (after much dithering, other people decided for me on Instagram and my blog and they were so right now I look back at the photos!), must have tunic in mustard (just didn't love it).
      You did ask....

      Lynne xx

      Delete
  5. I do really like the black and grey collared jumper. But (and this is going to sound terrible I know) I feel too young to buy from boden! I'm not i know, but i feel it! I know they've upped their game, but my Mum buys stuff from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha ha! No I know exactly what you mean. I've got over that and don't care anymore where things come from so long as I love them! (although I do shudder ever so slightly when I go into Phase Eight, I'll be honest)

      Delete
  6. Boden have an amazing 'London' print puffer jacket that I can't stop thinking about! I do love the pink coat as well though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't seen that - puffa jackets and print though you're not selling it to me, I'll be honest...!! x

      Delete
  7. Boden prints are always a bit 'Bodeny' (strangely I know that you will all know what I mean) but otherwise I think that thy have upped their gamr, especially with retro type things. LOvely audrey hepburn type shift dresses - h'm 15% you say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh god I know exactly what you mean. I do still get irrationally cross at their print linings. Why? Why would you do that?? So it only goes with about three things?? And breathe... yes, their is one dress that is particularly lovely - a ponte shift one I think but not sure when I'd wear it! x

      Delete
    2. 'Hotchpotch' thats a name to give you the fear! Have put the sparkle collar breton in white and blue in my basket! With the 15% off is only £33 with free p and p! Someone stop me! If anyone is thinking about the cropped cashmere cardi, I have two and they are wonderful if you are short and hourglass - y like me.

      Delete
    3. Oh dear god. Or Fun Lining. They seem to have stopped calling it that thank god. Fine for my 4 year old but at 41 I am in no need of a Fun Lining thank god. And anyway that would be a lining with Moet Bottles, not huge purple spots. I am thinking deffo the sparkle collar and the grey and black merino top. That will be super useful for throwing on....

      Delete
  8. I know how you feel! I've been drooling over the new Boden stuff today. Wondering how long I can hold off. Eliza coat and sparkly Breton are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can we hold off for all of August? I feel a plan coming on... x

      Delete
  9. Have caved in whistles- obsessed!!! Can you do a post dedicated to the wonderful a/w collection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you read my mind?... Watch this space! x

      Delete
  10. I've been buying boden for 5 years quite merrily but this season nothing really jumps out at me yet. Maybe because it's still too hot or perhaps I just have too much already & it's more of the same in new colours. I do like the Eliza coat & the coatigan but don't need them. I got a grey black yellow British Tweed Blazer for 70% off just after Christmas last year & wore it loads. Definitely recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's definitely a repeat of lots of stuff for sure but I do think they bring out the odd new gem for sure. And DON'T tempt me with a 70% off one - that sounds absolutely divine! Sod's law my one will be sold out by then - always the pigging case. Sob. x

      Delete
  11. Boden just get better and better every season for me. The Eliza coat is at the top of my wishlist too it's just such a gorgeous shape. And the sparkle collar breton is just perfection *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just gorgeous. I am officially obsessed with Peter Pan collars. x

      Delete
  12. Do kids clothes count? Got those sorted thanks to H&M and Tesco boost *polishes halo*. I've been quite disappointed by the grown up stuff as nothing seems particularly new... apart from shoes. Fancying some pointed flats or loafers or maybe pointed loafers lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just been FLEECED by the 9yr old at Jack Wills. Honest to god I want to cry at how much the stuff costs IN THE SALE! I must have muttered, this is all for your birthday you know, about a gazillion times. The boys are SO much easier. They would happily live in "don't stand too near a naked flame" football kit and even then aren't fussy about having replica ones (ok so they might be if they knew.....)

      Delete
  13. little brown birdWednesday, 30 July, 2014

    Phase Eight always looks like stuff my mum (79) would wear. Nana evening wear. Bleaugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snort. There is the odd gem (my little Pearly king and queen jacket for example though, to be honest, it was teamed in the window with a matching dress and I said to my friend, I LOVE that. She nearly had me certified as honestly with the dress as well, I think even Princess Anne would have said errr no) They definitely have some things you need to take out of context. WELL out of context......

      Delete
    2. little brown birdWednesday, 30 July, 2014

      I know what you mean; my local shopping centre has a Phase Eight store but I feel like it's devoid of style in the same way that Per Una gives me the heebeegeebies.

      Delete
  14. O don't take the fun out of the boden linings, I take fun where I can (should get out more I know) they can be a bit twee I admit. Love your choices and spookily had ordered the jeans a couple of hours before because they were showing low stock (already?) I do wish with boden you could order a whole batch of stuff and just pay for what you keep, it would save a lot of faffing about with sizes etc returning, reordering blah blah. LOVE the coats but being small I would look very granified in the first one and the gorgeous coatigan doesn't come in petite fitting so that's out for me. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally with you on the paper catalogue front - so much more indulgent than browsing online - I was toying with ordering from la redoute (some fab sweatshirts and hush style harem joggers) and boden to kickstart my A/w wardrobe - totally fed up with summer clothes now. Loved your beauty post yesterday btw more more!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it when the Boden catalogue hits the mat - time for a coffee and a new wish list! Have ordered some of the shorter autumn/winter skirts this year and have been impressed. For one, they actually fit me! The Cambridge skirt is so lovely and retro. Am thinking skirts are the way to go this year, fed up with jeans everyday in the Winter. Loving your choices, especially the pink coat, and I agree, the shoes are fab this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've ordered the sparkly breton in the raven and blush so will et you know how the colour looks. sorting of hoping its as near to black as i would like it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've also got my eye on the Sparkly Breton. It's on my wishlist along with the Ledbury Pea Coat and the Flat T-bar Point shoes. However I'm hanging on until Johnnie gets desperate and hits me a 20% code. I know it's coming but just need to bide my time! Like you though, I can't wait for the Winter stock and those fabulous jeweled flats. I've been umming and ahhing over what colour I want since I saw them doing the rounds on instagram...

    I'm actually not a massive Boden shopper but like you have spent the equivalent of a small country's GDP on the childrens stuff. I'm with you on the catalogue though - it pulls me in everytime. After a quick perusal online I was convinced it was going to be a cheap A/W, however closer inspection of the catalogue with a cuppa has revealed a host of things that I need for the girls. Oh dear...

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful, charming blog, great discovery, and loving your style!
    FF

    ReplyDelete