Will you, won't you?

Do the pointy boot thang?  I have.  I have bought in hugely, in fact I've gone one step further and have gone buckle crazy as well. 

I do, of course, mean my beloved Toga Pulla boots.  I bought these back in September after falling in love with them during the Summer.  I'm not going to lie, I was slightly concerned that they may have been a bit of a one trick pony but no, months in and I am still loving them. 

For me, they've been the perfect boot with frocks - I bought them at the tail end of the Summer and wore with bare legs and dresses - the perfect flattish foil as opposed to a tottering heel for a lunch out.  My favourite look though is probably with skinnies and oversized jumpers which has been my uniform all Winter. 

Coming into the Spring though (and clearly I'm slightly premature here...) I think they'll be great again with bare legs and dresses (lathering on the fake tan here, can I please point out.....) before we crack out the sandal action.  Frock, blazer and ankle boots - I'm liking this as a smarter day time look. 

My plan is also to explore the silky shirt, skinny jeans, ankle boots (buckles R US is what I have in mind although if buckles are absent, a pointy toe is a must) and blazer - this is what is swimming round in my Must Be Spring Soon brain feed.

Proof that they were a good buy (to be honest, the fact I wore them loads is proof enough for me but... if we're talking investment terms) is that they didn't go on Sale.  My money is on them being big next season and so purchasing them now means you really will get your money's worth as they are eminently wearable well into the Spring.

They're sold out of my leather and suede ones but they do have all leather left at Matches.

Buckle Boots from Toga Pulla £326




Or full suede.  also £326



If we're talking about suede ones though, well there are definitely some really good tributes now trickling onto the market. (another pointer that they're not going anywhere and we shall be rocking all things western next A/W as well.....)

ASOS Rocker and Roller boots £65  (And that's suede suede.  That's a really really good price.  We're missing a buckle but for the price difference, are you bothered?) 



At Office..

Unbelievable Black Leather ankle boots were £80 now £44  



Slightly higher on both the heel and the rise of the boot at Office and with more details on the buckles. 

Office Breakout Black Leather ankle boots was £85 now £43




Different sort of strap now if the jingly jangly buckles aren't your thing but you do still like the strap detail.  These still have the Western vibe to them.  We've just removed the Suzi Quatro element.

H by Hudson Vow Strapped Ankle Boots £110



I have ogled these in M&S on many occasions.  They look amazing.  Maybe it's the Human League slant (yes I've had two glasses of wine after having had virtually nothing for 10 days) that I love but I definitely do love.  The texture of this is gorgeous.  Can't beat a bit of snakeskin.

Textured Ankle boot with Insolia Flex (ie comfy) in soft pink (I think this is more of a nude to be honest) from Limited Edition £35 




Pointed Toe Strappy Shoe Boots from Limited Collection £35


If we're looking at more streamlined with a hint of buckle as opposed to a full on whack around the chops with them, then these from Vince Camuto may fit the bill. 

Davilla from Vince Camuto at Kurt Geiger were £115 now £79




Back to the snake theme although now we've ditched the buckles - to be fair, I think buckles and an animal print is a step too far, even for me...

MARR Snake-Effect Pointed ankle boots from Topshop £75


And in a tan shade again £75 from Topshop





More snakeskin (I fear I a small obsession coming on....) from Alice Temperley.  These are simply gorgeous - my favourite colours would be the black or the beige.

Somerset by Alice Temperley Kyla Pointed Flat Leather ankle boots in Beige £150 



And in the black 



Or totally plain.  I absolutely love these.  I have looked at them again and and again in M&S and I simply can't justify them with having the Toga Pulla buckle numbers, but should there be a 20% offer on, I may have to cave.  I love the simplicity (in my head, yes we are Parisian again), I think they ooze class (again this is all in my head - we all know reality is a very different story but one can dream.) 

Faux Leather Flat Chelsea Boots £39.50



They also do them in a red - these would definitely give your wardrobe a lift..... These are a suede finish whereas the black ones are a leather (albeit faux)




I am now going to finish on something that will have many of you vomming on your laptop.  I'm not going to lie.  I looked at these and I thought - What. On. Earth?  I then looked at them again and again, I came back to them, I thought about them and I think I might be addicted.  Contemplating how much I wore the black buckle sandals from Zara last year that at the beginning of the season, I would have hurled at the thought of, but by the end I wore pretty much every day, I'm thinking these might be my new obsession.  

I'm thinking these will not prove popular... Deep breath... you have been warned....

Buckle Leather sandals from Toga Pulla £225



I LOVE them.  I'm going to hold my nerve for the time being as I may be in half term madness mode......  Tiny mind, up and away with the fairies??  What do you think?

Proving how much I love the Toga Pullas though, here I am in my beloved boots.  With a hint of Spring in my faithful Goat Library cardigan and Lily & Lionel scarf.

image


Black and white striped longline jumper - Joseph
Black skinny metallic jeans - 2nd Day
Yellow Swing cardigan - Goat Library
Black buckle boots - Toga Pulla
Black quilted bag - Zara
Hot air balloon scarf - Lily & Lionel

So Day Two of the holidays survived.  My lovely lovely house guests from the past nine days have left - I will admit I am shattered.  Supper tonight is a bottle of wine and crisps.  The children have had friends over for the afternoon and for tea so my work here is done and my behind has an appointment with the sofa.  Nevertheless, I shall be doing a smidge of research into yet another controversial topic for tomorrow.  There are some classics coming up soon but at the moment I am in exploring mode.  

Fully paid up member of the Buckle Brigade signing off.  Where will I draw the line at the new trends of the season?  Bringing you a new one tomorrow.  Anyone fancy a guess at what I'm tackling?  (and no it's not dungarees.. yet....)

Share this:

CONVERSATION

35 comentarios:

  1. I love your TP boots so much, if I had the budget I would definitely get them. I got a pair of Pull & Bear ankle boots, black suede with 2 buckles, from asos and I am happy enough with them. For now anyway. Although I like the look of the 4-buckle pair from Office. And the cream pair from M&S....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh the Pull & Bear ones sound fab! They're so useful, aren't they?

      Delete
  2. Definitely into the pointy boot - I've got black croc pointy boots from John Fluevog (getting on a bit now) that I wear ALL the time, and at the tail end of last summer I bought these Senso ones in the sale at Asos: http://www.asos.com/Senso/Senso-Brigette-Cement-Croc-Print-Ankle-Boot/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3823536&TTP=1 And on holiday in Colorado last year I got the best pair of pointy Lucchese cowboy boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh they're gorgeous. I was eyeing up the leopard print ones yesterday actually....

      Delete
  3. I got the Asos ones today. They are amazing quality for the price - highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like the TogaPullakenstocks. And I've long been in dungarees territory, so I'm not one to advocate restraint there either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure i'm ready for them just yet....!

      Delete
  5. Kat, I have drooled over your Toga boots all winter and last weekend ordered the asos boots. Am awaiting their arrival and hoping beyond hope that I like them. I have found your boots and the suede ones on a site which I think is American but based in Turkey and they are reduced to $380, however, I don't know if it's a trustworthy site and so am reluctant to part with my cash just in case. Does anybody know/ has shopped at 365ist.com? I am loving the Toga Pulla sandals, you should definitely invest, only they look huge on the Matches model! Either she has flat feet or she is in a pair too big for her!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do hope you like them. Hmm not sure I'd spend that much money on a site you don't know. Yes I'd save your cash. I've never heard of them. The sandals - we'll have to wait and see!

      Delete
  6. Hi. I ordered your togas loved them but too small, managed to get next size in leather but did not compare so could not justify the cost. BUT then I found the SOLE TRADER SIREN boots they are a great copy. I have black the buckles are a lot lighter and less shiny and the heel a bit higher but for the price. My DH thinks they are identical. I am still searching/waiting for suede and leather ones though they are divine...,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they're fab - they're definitely higher which will probably work for some people, they really are lovely. I do think the suede mix of the TPs does make all the difference. x

      Delete
  7. There's a 20% discount promo for friends and family this weekend at M&S........x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had my email... watch this space...!

      Delete
  8. The sandals remind me of dinosaur feet. I'm sorry. But they're not bad and you will carry them off with aplomb. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I can sort of see where you're coming from......

      Delete
  9. Oh no Kat the sandals are seriously horrible-don't go there!! Follow your Parisian pared back instinct and give them a wide berth. So expensive and yet so tacky looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes yes yes! That's after having said I'd never wear them, obvs. I got the Aldo Bugiano's (now oos) but if I'd seen the m&s snakeskin first I'd probably have gone for them. Gorgeous! No no no to the sandals though (which means I'll be wearing them within the next 6 months, of course...)

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said I wouldn't be seen dead in a pair of Birkies this time last year. So I didn't cave on the actual things - oh no , I got a far chunkier heavy pair. Fugly with a capital F! the Zara ones - LOVED them though.

      Delete
  11. I do like the little pointy boots.
    I triumphantly snapped up for £6 (!! I know!! ) some M&S insolia leopard skin (brownish in colour) and I need your ADVICE! What to wear them with?

    (If there is ever a boot shortage in the Western World, they are to be found here!)

    Lu xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sound amazing! I love them with skinny jeans and an oversized jumper. Or an oversized shirt and blazer for the Spring? I also think they'll work well with dresses and bare legs when the weather gets a bit warmer. FAb buy x

      Delete
    2. Thanks Kat. Now I know you're an advocate of showing the ankle but can I **please** not !
      Lu xx

      Delete
  12. Haha well I braced myself and scrolled VERY slowly then laughed out VERY loud...ive been wondering what they remind me of and yes, the comment above, 'dinosaur feet' that's what it is..noooooooo don't do it. If this goes the same way as the boots when you first got them, it means I could actually end up liking them. A lot. Which is too weird to contemplate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH you SO know we'll all be wearing them come June....

      Delete
  13. I love 'em, and the boots too! Out of my budget and I already have black, chunky sandals but they're really lovely.

    The bright colours are looking good on you for (pretending it's) early Spring. Every winter, I think I need more colourful knitwear and every winter I only want the comfort of snuggly neutrals. It has suddenly dawned on me that what I really need is colourful knitwear for early (and probably later!) Spring. I have dug out an ancient, but much loved, sky blue pashmina/blanket scarf and an emerald green Becksondergaard scarf this last week. Warm but a bit brighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO right. Bright knitwear is the way forward. Already splurged today and planning new blogs on it. We are going to embrace the Spring knitwear to give us all a lift. Great minds xxx

      Delete
  14. Kat, I love reading your blog and most days you make me laugh out loud! Your boots are fab (and I also like the M&S and Alice Temperley ones) but please please don't get those sandals. Half term must have temporarily fried your brain!!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, there is a very very high chance of this.. I will wait till next week...

      Delete
  15. I'm a tall girl & wear a size 41, pointy boots & long feet, I'm afraid I'd look like a transvestite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the ones with a bit of a heel. I tried on a flat pair today in a 6.5 and I looked like a penguin.

      Delete
  16. Hi Kat, my yellow scarf has just arrived and I can't wait to wear it ! I've also bought the soft pink (aka nude) M & S boots but I've got a question - what colour socks would you wear them with ?

    ReplyDelete