Well they'll certainly see you coming....

...if you make a purchase from the last part of my knitscapade. 

It's colour today.  Full.  On.  Colour.  The sort of jumper you put on and can't help feeling a tad more jolly in.  The sort of jumper that will possibly elicit a "gosh" (or something not quite so polite) from your other half.   Your 12 yr old may give you a nervous look and ask if you're actually going out in that but these jumpers are a MUST for this Spring. 

I can't remember being more excited about an imminent purchase.  An item of clothing that just brings immediate joy to an outfit.  It's Spring in the depths of Winter.   A smile on a not so happy day.  I have to say, I don't really mind January.  I like to look on it as the start of all things new and a time of opportunity.  That's why I love New Year.  Always a reason to celebrate (like I need an excuse) - either the end of a terrible year and the chance for a fresh start, or celebrating a great year gone by.  

So I will be winging my way through the first month of the year in colour.  Not a variety of colour (dear lord, I haven't had a lobotomy) but a hint.  A pretty big hint to be fair - a block colour that's bright.  Actually it doesn't even need to be bright - it just needs to be a lift to the sea of neutral colours that so many of us always wear (and I know I'm not the only party who's guilty of this).

Pinks, reds, oranges, greens and blues.  Not forgetting yellow... Which is your poison of choice?  

Starting with some gems from the Boden sale.  If there was one place to head to for an injection of colour, then it had to be Boden. With an extra 10% off in the sale using the code 7W2K.

Boden Textured V-neck jumper was £69 now £27.50




Another pink v neck from Boden - remember the 10% off. 

Cashmere relaxed v-neck was £130 now £97.30




Chunky pink at ASOS now but still with the v neck. 

ASOS Chunky Jumper in fluffy knit with v neck in bright pink £30



Pink round neck now and back at Boden with a lovely pale version.

Tilly Jumper from Boden was £49.50 now £34.65



My must have shade of pink though - full on bubblegum.

Supersoft jumper from Boden was £89.50 now £62.65



One from & Other Stories that I have tried on so many times and not bought.  I think I'm going to have to cave.  It randomly seems brighter in the flesh.  But on this pic and the one at the bottom of the article where I'm wearing the jumper in the changing room - it does look paler.  It's also a thicker knit than it looks in this pic - has a really interesting, almost boiled wool effect, texture to it. 

& Other Stories pink jumper £35




Fuchsia Monki Knitted Jumper with Rib £25



Magenta in another fuzzy knit. 

Fuzzy Mohair & Wool Knit from & Other Stories £65



If you can't decide between red and pink, then Boden have come to your rescue.

Iris jumper from Boden was £99.50 now £49.75



Tilly Jumper in Beatnik red from Boden was £49.50 now £24.75



Red textured and a thicker knit at & Other Stories £35 (this is the same jumper as the pink one above... but you can see from the red version that it more substantial than a thin knit).



Slightly different at ASOS but in the most stunning vibrant red. 

ASOS Jumper with extra long sleeves £30



Moving from red onto peach.

Willow & Paige Peach Fluffy Jumper £28



Orange at ASOS.  

Mad by Magic Oversized Jumper in Chunky Rib £35


Yellow.  With blush.  Get in there. 

Cashmere Crew Neck Jumper from Boden was £129 now £103.20



More yellow.

J.O.A Fluffy High Neck Jumper in yellow £55



My favourite of the lot though is neon.  

Neon knit from & Other Stories £55 



Sonia Jumper in Hunters Green was £89.50 now £53.70



And then the blues. 

Boucle Crew Jumper in Blue from Warehouse £32



Pale Blue again in a lighter knit - perfect for layering now and wearing with just a vest into the Spring. 

Pointelle Wool Sweater in light blue from & Other Stories £55



So I'm jumping into the neon camp I think.  It would probably make sense to go pink but the neon is calling me.  Or maybe I should hold my horses and go for new trousers instead.  I'm feeling the need for a hint of colour to start the New Year off with a smile.  What would be your choice?

Here I am in the pink one from & Other Stories - the £35 one above.  This is a Medium by the way - I think they come up large.




And here I am yesterday in all my festive dressed down glory aka my jamas.  Yesterday, I did indeed hit a new low and took the dog for a walk in my pyjamas.  I will point out that they're not jamas jamas in the truest sense of the word - I just wear old clothes in bed now (my husband is indeed a lucky man...) 



Black and white striped tee - Marks and Spencer
Lola joggers - Whistles
Wellies - Ilse Jacobsen
Grey cardigan - Zara
Grey cashmere scarf - Black 
Grey and black beanie - Black

And we come to the end of another year.  I'd like to take this opportunity to say a huge, HUGE thank you to everyone for reading and commenting.  Lots of great things that I'm working on for the coming year.  A few tweaks to the blog I think - nothing drastic but I've got a couple of ideas that I've been meaning to implement for a while.  If there's anything you'd like to see included, now's your chance to let me know.

Working with some really exciting companies but essentially, it's just going to be the same story of exploring the new trends and how we can (or can't!) wear them. 

Have a great evening everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Share this:

CONVERSATION

43 comentarios:

  1. Happy New Year to you too! I was thrilled to bits to find & Other Stories had finally opened up in Dublin...did some damage the other day and picked up a lovely knitted breton tunic along with a cosy round-neck jumper, I think it might be the same as the pink you have tried on in the pic, but in light grey. Love how it fits. They had half-price cashmere too but the high necks (polo? turtle?) make me feel claustrophobic. Just can't wear them :(
    I am going to check out some of the jumpers featured above as I like the idea of pink for Spring.

    Another year I have enjoyed reading your blog. I love your frank style (and how you call a spade a spade... or an ill-fitting skirt!) and you have helped me once again fill my wardrobe with clothes that I enjoy and love and that suit me. Best of luck for 2017.

    On a final note....I need wide-legged black trousers. Where are yours form (in photo above)? Ta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you thank you thank you. And my trousers are from M&S. One of the best buys of the season! Did do a blog on them a while back...

      Delete
    2. Yes! Thank you for the reminder, I've gone back to have a look. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy new year to my fave blogger! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year from Canada!! Fav blogger hands down!
    Ania

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Your blog keeps me on the straight and narrow - in a good way of course. Jac.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to the most uplifting blog fix on the Web �� I look forward to you for keeping us all looking our best in 2017 �� Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, didn't proof read that last comment and no way to edit it!! You get the idea I'm sure?! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another brilliant year of inspiring us to come of our comfort zone and try new trends. Looking forward to even more blogs from you in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year from Vancouver, B.C. . Many thanks for a great year of fashion tips and tricks. My go to source for all good things and very witty writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pale jumper reminded me, how did your tulle skirts work out? Sugar plum fairy? Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG and that reminds me, I need to send them back! Well... they were "ok". Not too bad but short. On me...!

      Delete
  10. A very happy new year to my favourite blogger - love it when your post hits my email every day x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy new year, one and all!
    Hope you all had a great evening.
    Some lovely colours there Kat, I do like a bit of colour, and I think pink in all its hues is my colour of choice at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. Totally love it! Which has reminded me I've got a pink jumper somewhere.... hmmmmm

      Delete
  12. Really enjoyed the blog in 2016 and for 2017 more discount codes please and maybe a "if there is one thing you should buy this month it's.." feature would be good - especially if you have a heads up when stores get the first drop of of new items! HNY from Manchester

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent idea! I'll look into it! Thanks for the inspo. I had thought about doing a "my fave thing of the week" sort of thing... I did used to do it when I first started but it went by the wayside! I should bring it back....

      Delete
  13. I'm not guilty of neutrals, I wear colour all year round! Red, orange and yellow is my regular poison. I wear one of these colours almost every day

    https://retrocasual.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V impressed. I reckon I wear black every day which doesn't really count, does it?!

      Delete
  14. Love the Purply &Other Stories one and the neon jumper (I have a cardi in this colour). I love jumpers, just as well in the UK. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no justification needed for buying them, is it?!

      Delete
  15. Happy New Year. I bought the pink &Other Stories jumper (yes they do come up big - size small is like a medium) and the colour was so disappointing. Not pink enough - it is a poached salmon colour, so its going back. Back to the drawing board as I want a fab pink jumper, not too sickly but not too poachy either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a shame. I guess that's the thing about pink, everyone needs a different shade!

      Delete
  16. Bought the &Other Stories one too, unfortunately the day after ordering a blouse from there so double delivery charges (ouch). I'm pleased it a) comes up big and b) is a lighter colour than appears on-site as I have several pink sweaters that are one or the other and I have been searching for a loose-fitting paler pink sweater of a substantial knit. Hoping the search is over.
    Happy New Year and keep 'em coming (that's from me, not my bank manager)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And just to prove that one man's pink is another man's poison!

      Delete
  17. Happy new year. Love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year! Yours is the only blog I always read. You are a great writer but also a human being. I appreciate your enthusiasm and candour. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too kind, oh thank you so so so much xxx

      Delete
  19. Happy new year! Long time reader and dont often post but I wanted to say I love your blog. On jumpers, have you looked at Chinti and Parker - their sale is on and I err, have bought rather a lot of jumpers! They are excellent quality and I always go a bit mad when they have sales.

    On another note, back in Sep, you mentioned that you had tried on the Whistles Cherry silk jumpsuit. I am thinking about buying as a sale purchase but unsure what size. You mentioned that you are normally a size 12 in whistles but wondered what you thought of the sizing of the jumpsuit. I have the Hush jumpsuit in a 10 and it's a bit snug around the waist - do you think I would be a 10 or 12 in the whistles jumpsuit? Any advice much appreciated - thank you style guru :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now alas, I didn't try the Cherry jumpsuit on. BUT in my experience, I always size up in Whistles... Hope it's not too late xxx

      Delete
  20. Happy New Year I always read and enjoy your blog
    Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  21. In reply to you asking what we'd like to see in the coming year, I'm open to anything. But, I do have a tiny request: could you show us some stylish off beat ways of wearing a brooch. I have several I have inherited including a large silver one (which doubles as a pendant, that's how I tend to wear it) and several silver and enamel butterflies.
    Inspiration needed!
    Can't wait to see what you have in store! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm now that's interesting as I don't think I've ever worn a brooch. BUT I would probably suggest having a think Gucci wise and using it with a print - maybe more is more??

      Delete