Summer time

At last.  You've arrived.  And very welcome you are.  It means so many things.  It's time to get out those Summery clothes... and that includes the legs.  Thanks to M&S, I have actually found an outfit that I may well bare my legs in.  You read that right.  Legs.  Out.  Perfect for this amazing weather.  I'm saving this outfit for tomorrow when its getting even warmer but in the meantime, I've done my regular scoop of all that has caught my eye at M&S. 

Starting with something I have had my eye on since I saw it months and months ago at their Press Day.  This is why I love going to Press Days.  Lots of lovely things but every now and again you see something that goes straight onto your wish list.  There's usually one thing that is extra special that you watch and wait for.  And for - it was a leather midi skirt in red.

You had me at leather midi.  I think I might change my name to Leather Midi.  Or maybe just my first name.  And did I mention that it had pockets?  POCKETS.  The added element of dreams to any skirt or dress.  Now go figure that they would leave this till their last Summer drop.  But it's randomly so easy to wear in this weather.  I get it.  It's loose, it's elasticated (which, as someone else said to me today - one of the many who commented on how fabulous the skirt was - it gives it a really modern feel), it's perfect for this weather with a loose top and sandals. 

Leather A-Line Midi Skirt from Autograph £199



And then.. there was this.  Now this is legs out.  TA DAH!  I think I know about five people with this skirt.  And I am know that we will all wear it really differently. 

Mirror Embroidered Skater Skirt £35 from Indigo 




This top however is up so many people's streets.  For me on it's own as a top, as we've already discussed a gazillion times - I need to step away from the boho top.  But as a dress.  Call off the dogs.  This takes it to a totally different dimension.  Think a certain delicious French designer - reminiscent?  Oh yaaaaas.

Embroidered Notch Neck Jacket from Indigo £39.50 Now honestly, I wouldn't call this a jacket.  It's definitely a top in my book (I can't see an opening so definitely don't know how it's a jacket..).







Now here's the interesting thing.  This is also what I took into the changing room.  I took the above skirt/dress combo as a total ringer.  And this in as my "go to" safe option.  Because it's what I love and because it's what I know works.  And work it did. 

Open Front 2 Pocket Blazer £49.50 



I've got the 10 on. 



I've also got trousers that can be worn on their own or as part of a suit.  In the 10 again. 

Limited Edition Side Stripe Tapered Leg Trousers in Navy £35 



I put it with the high neck tee - not for everyone but it's great for smaller chests.  I've got the 12 on.

Contrasting neckline short sleeve t-shirt £15



And also wore the navy jacket as well.  If you're looking for a navy jacket with a bit of a twist, this is perfect.  

Open Front 2 Pocket Blazer £49.50





If you do prefer the more Scandi look for Summer, this blazer is the perfect pared back style in a traditional English linen.  I absolutely love love love this. 

Linen Blend Double Breasted Jacket £55.00




One thing that will go really well with the above outfits are a pair of pared back black sliders.  These are my go to Summer shoes.  I get a new pair every year and then rotate my collection.  I never spend a huge amount of money on them (& Other Stories and Zara for example) and these will definitely make the grade.

Leather Cut Out Mules from M&S £25



And these which I now have on order.  I LOVE these. 

Cross Over Mule Sandals from M&S £29.50



I also thought I'd give the swimwear a go.  Oh hello Rosie.  So.  We know what you look like in your super swimwear but how does it fare on a 44yr old, mother of three who loves wine a bit more than she likes exercise? 

Make your own mind up.  Can I just interject though and say, these are NOT going to work if you are blessed of bosom.  However, they do have, in the same ranges, bikini tops which are bra sized and go up to an E cup.

Elongated Triangle Slide Bikini £49.50 from Rosie of Autograph.



So I am "slightly" too long in the body for this (but do remember I am 5ft10).  I also take a size 12 in all of M&S swimwear.




This one was a much better fit and actually I think the navy is more flattering on white flesh that you can see from space.  

One Shoulder Printed Swimsuit Floral £55






However this was my favourite. 

Elongated Triangle Slide Swimsuit £45



And it gives me cleavage!



Playsuit Cover up with print £45




I didn't get the memo about the dropped shoulder bit.  Must try harder next time..




But what did I take home with me?  Yes that's the boho dress (ok - top and skirt).  With stud ankle boots - check, with gladiator sandals, check.  With the fringe sliders that I'm waiting to be delivered - check.  Something different.  Something that I am super looking forward to wearing.  

And obviously the leather skirt.. duh.  The main reason I love this is because it's completely in my comfort zone but completely out of it being the colour it is.  What could be more perfect to add a bit of interest to my Autumn wardrobe, whilst being able it now.  And wear it I did. 




Top - Goat
Leather skirt - M&S
Black sliders - & Other Stories 
Glasses - Walter & Herbert 
Bag - Gucci

Tomorrow, watch on Insta for the next outfit.  I'm going boho for Friday - legs out for the good weather.  

Anyone else exhausted by the way?  I've been *embracing* (this is said through gritted teeth) early mornings.  Day three today and I don't feel any better.  Everyone said I would.  Everyone lied.  I'm knackered.  I miss my lie ins - 7.30 as opposed to 6.15.  And to add insult to injury, I'm waking up even earlier as I know I've got to get up at stupid o'clock and am obviously dreading it.  Someone please tell me it gets better?  Maybe tomorrow morning I'll bounce out of bed - at the very least I've got my new skirt and top to look forward to!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

23 comentarios:

  1. I wish I looked like you in a swimsuit never mind Rosie!
    The sliders are gorgeous as is your "dress". I love a print dress but for some reason when I wear a matching skirt and top it seems too much? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you!
      I know what you mean - the join does make it randomly more difficult!!! But it does make an outfit more versatile (even though I rarely wear them separately! Duh. x

      Delete
  2. Picking my leather skirt up tomorrow. Hoping I love it after such a long wait!! I have a Rosie bikini. It's gorgeous. Still braving the 2 piece in my late 40's! Not sure how much longer I'll get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't give a monkeys about what people think about my tummy but frankly I am! The suck it all in aspect of a one piece has won me over totally!!

      And you will LOVE the leather skirt. Amazing.

      Delete
  3. Are the side stripes on the white blazer black or navy, and is the blazer white or off white? This one could end up on it's way to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am also thinking maybe a good idea to size down as I don't want it oversized - what do you think Kat?

      Delete
    2. Hmmm I think it's navy and black but definitely more navy from recollection. And it's not white white but it's not cream - if that helps? I got the 10 which was the perfect size for me.... I never size up in M&S blazers. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. Love the last swimsuit on you Kat, and not sure I can be doing with the one shoulder thing....annnoys me as it isn't symmetrical (although I have bought a one shoulder dress in the sale...jury is out however!) Love your blogs and instagram, I don't always agree, which is what an individual look is about, but you've changed my life in that I see how to mix and match items I may not have looked out otherwise, and how to wear certain clothes I wouldn't have looked at twice! Not always good for my bank balence though! Also...and most importantly..you don't take yourself too seiously and you do make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! That's made my Friday night!

      Delete
  5. Hi i love the boho skirt do it come up large, or should i go for my normal size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I sized up actually as I didn't want it too restricting on the waist - and actually the 12 is fine (I can be a 10 or a 12... )

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The skirt is you ..... you look great as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's going to be SO so so useful into the Autumn as well I think x

      Delete
  8. I'm going to have to get that skirt, I know I'll regret it if I don't (like the black midi with pockets grrr).
    I love that slouchy shoulder beach cover up!! (Can't do the shoulder thing either, which is the opposite of my teenage daughter who attempts to make everything a slouchy shoulder 🤣)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But don't you remember doing the same in the 80s?! ha ha ha!!

      That black leather skirt is my best buy of the year so far (or was it last year.. AMAZING - sorry - that doesn't help, does it?!)

      This is lovely now - the orange one - but I think will come into its own in the Autumn.. Leopard boots... hmmm

      Delete
  9. I adore the skirt - my credit card will hate me, but I'm leaning towards it! Is it true to size, or did you size up/down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leather midi I meant!

      Delete
    2. So I sized up - BUT a 10 would have fitted but I don't like an elasticated waist to cling plus I always tend to wear my skirts where they're not supposed to sit.. so slightly on my hips also so it sits longer on me, as I'm 5ft 10.. I would say it's probably true to size. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  10. Love the skirt! And the crossover sandals. I miss M&S...we can get it delivered here, but I much prefer going in store as things never quite look the same online. And early mornings? Gah. Not for me. Can't do late nights either though. Although had a late night AND early morning and now running round like a crazy woman trying to get a party ready for this afternoon. Have made the requested 'treasure chest' cake...it looks more like a shipwrecked cake...BUT my youngest was still thrilled with it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ARRGGH just typed a massive reply and lost it. Am hiding in my car at sodding cricket! Well done you on the cake Much respect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kat, can you recommend some summer day dresses? Have loads that I'd wear on hols but not once back home!

    ReplyDelete