Easing your way into Autumn gently..

… and yes the temptation would be to go head to toe black.  Yes, throw in a little leopard but let's all wrap in dark, sultry colours to ward off those cold winds. 

However I'm looking at what's fast becoming the favourite alternative to black.  And that would be good old navy.  Genuinely, it works in exactly the same way as black does - I promise you, there isn't a shade it doesn't go with.  Just think of it as your beloved black's older, much MUCH more sophisticated and elegant sister.  If Kristen Scott Thomas was a colour - she'd be navy.  

I am looking today at tops that we rely on throughout the Autumn Winter.  I have black ones a plenty.  And cream.  Do I have any navy ones?  Not ONE!  And seeing as I have found my perfect navy skirt - I really think a head to toe navy look is one that I shall be channelling this Autumn (I'm thinking tan suede knee boots and leopard coat...) Not to mention that said navy blouse with a pair of casual jeans = perfect Friday night out outfit.  Throw on with a leather mini skirt and ankle boots - oversized coat and it's every day meeting chic.  Back to the jeans, trainers and trench and hello supermarket.  

Seriously, so long as you have one that goes in the washing machine (and I hand wash pretty much everything these days.  Silk dresses, silk tops - all go in - and have come out and lived to tell the tale!) you will and should wear this as often as you like.  Which should be very often.

I've found a selection, all of which should work for every occasion, depending on your taste, budget and style.

Now I know this isn't for everyone but this is my personal favourite.  High neck, balloon sleeves - feeling all the love for this one.

Elena Top in Navy £89 from Baukjen




Another higher neck version at Mango was £39.99 on special offer at £29.99





High neck again at The Outnet. 

Ruffle trimmed satin blouse from Bailey 44 was £172 now £86



Investment time now at Jigsaw - but considering I'd wear this with jeans and a blazer and trainers, as well as with leather trousers or a leather skirt for Christmas Day - not to mention that it's completely timeless, I think cost per wear it would stand the test of time. 

Velvet Panel Shirt from Jigsaw - Limited Edition £199




Silk number again at Jigsaw - now it says this is a batwing top but it doesn't look too batwing to me.... Very, very useful though.  I can also confirm that this type of silk from Jigsaw hand washes (in the machine) really well.

Silk Batwing Top from Jigsgaw £85




A v neck version at & Other Stories..

Billowy V Neck Blouse £35




Another blouse that could either be a v neck or you could do the little button up.  Click to see the detailing of this blouse which is gorgeous.  Tiny polka dots and pintuck detail on the cuff. 

Pintuck detail blouse at Mango £25.99




Looser now and this is perfect if you're one who likes to cover up the middle area - this is perfect for over skinnies or leather leggings.  It also comes in two lengths.

Drop Hem Blouse from Boden was £70 now £56




Metallic Texture at Mango £35.99 (stock up for the party season would be my suggestion for this one.  Ideal with jeans and a pair of heels or sparkly flats - which I have up my sleeve so fear not on that front!)



Elena Safari Shirt in Navy £99 from Baukjen




Similar at Mango - Pockets Flowy Shirt £26.99




Long Satin Tipped Blouse from Warehouse was £36 now £27




And then I'm cheating, throwing this one in as it's also got blush and red on it, but it's a thing of pure beauty... I actually found it whilst looking for Christmas tops that don't spew sequins or glittery slogans so expect to see it on that blog too. 

Constance Silk Blouse from Boden £110






So here I am not in anything navy but in a black version of exactly what I mean, which was what got me to thinking about a navy top... 

This was yesterday when we got back from holiday and I nearly had a heart attack at the weather.  Although counting my blessings that it wasn't raining and the sun was out and it was ALMOST warm enough for bare ankles (I persisted...!)


Untitled



Jeans - Zara (sale 3yrs ago)
Loafers - Gucci (2yrs ago)
Coat - Helene Berman from Anthropologie (aw17)
Sunglasses - Walter + Herbert (current)
Bag - Hill & Friends (gift current)
Blouse - Jigsaw (gift ss18)

This what also what I wore yesterday to go and see Bohemian Rhapsody which is possibly my favourite film of the year so far.  I loved it.  Oh HOW I loved it.  Yes, I am a Queen fan, yes I remember Live Aid like it was yesterday, yes I remember exactly where I was when I found out Freddie Mercury died.  And I devoured every single delicious minute of it.  I genuinely have no idea why it was panned by the critics - every single person who messaged me on Insta to say they'd seen it said they thought it was amazing (and it was a fair few!).  And no, I haven't seen A Star is Born yet as it's a 15 and I tend to only go to the cinema with my kids!  One for DVD.... 

I will be back tomorrow with more navy.  A LOT more navy to clad on our bottom halves.  Not to mention leather later in the week and I am going to throw the towel in and talk about coats.  It's got to be done.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

13 comentarios:

  1. I think because I'm older I embraced my inner Kristen Scott Thomas earlier. I have several Navy shirts, wear them with dark wash jeans or Navy skirt. Always makes me feel skinny and elegant. I'm petite so I usually throw on a blazer in a bright color. Leopard doesn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Navy is my thing! The safari shirt from Baukjen will fill a gap in my wardrobe. I do have the jigsaw batting one in teal from last year. You're right it's not a proper baring, more of a nod to the sleeve shape, it's a great top though.
    One thing I'm missing is a pair of tapered (not too skinny, not too wide) trousers. Petite length, ankle skimmer, not cotton (to replace a cotton pair that fade a little each time they're washed, but have an amazing shape!), belt hooks, machine washable. Am I looking for rocking horse poo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Batwing, not batting or baring!

      Delete
    2. I have exactly what you need... watch this space... (although actually they may be a tad too wide...) Nothing at Boden? They normally rock on the tapered cropped trouser front.

      Delete
    3. The ones I have are Boden and a wonderful fit (Chelsea trousers aren't available any more - their successor doesn't have belt hooks), I just want some that aren't cotton, as the colour wears a bit too quickly on the creases. Shame really, as I love Bodens navy colour, it's not super dark like some.

      Delete
  3. Don't know if Europeans can order from J Crew but they might have the navy tapered cropped trousers. I feel like cropped makes me look shorter but I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can in the UK... but we have limited stock I believe and it's SO expensive compared to the UK!!!

      Delete
  4. I'm soo into navy and skirts that half of my wardrobe is filled with them. And I was thinking I should lay back a little and not indulge into buying a few more navy clothing, but your post is tempting me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day everybody, This is my testimony on how I won 53,193,914 million pounds on Mega millions lottery. I want to use this opportunity to thank Dr Iyaryi, for casting winning spell for me to win the lottery of 53,193,194 million pounds, lottery ticket. I have been playing lotteries for the past 5 years now and i have never won any. Ever since then i have not been able to win any lotto and i was so upset and i needed help to win this mega million lottery. so i decided to go online and search for help, there i saw so many good testimony about this man called Dr Iyaryi,of how he has cast lucky spell lotto for people to win the lottery. I contacted him also and tell him i want to win the Mega millions lottery, he cast a spell for me which i use to play and won 53.193,914 million pounds in mega millions lottery. I am so grateful to this man, just in-case you also need him to help you win, you can contact him through his Email: driayaryi2012@hotmail.com And he will surely help you just the way he has helped me. i will forever be grateful to him and always testify the good work of him to the hole world. contact him via Email: driayaryi2012@gmail.com Or you can also contact him through his email and he will surely help you to win any kind of lottery And also Reach him on WhatsApp Number: +2348056932763 Thanks Dr. Iyaryi

    ReplyDelete
  6. TRUTH BE TOLD!!! There are no perfect relationships. If you truly care and love your partner, don't fight him or her.. instead, fight to keep him/her. This was exactly what I did and with the help of Dr Akhigbe my ex returned back to me and I believe there a lot of people going through heartbreak, Dr Akhigbe can also help you. Email drakhigbespellhome7@gmail.com you can also add him on Whats-app: +2349021374574.

    ReplyDelete


  7. GENUINE BANK GUARANTEE (BG) AND STANDBY LETTER OF CREDIT (SBLC) FOR BUY/LEASE
    AT THE BEST RATES AVAILABLE

    We offer certified and verifiable bank instruments via Swift Transmission from a genuine provider capable of taking up time bound transactions.

    FOR LEASING OF BG/SBLC

    MINIMUM FACE VALUE OF BG/SBLC = EUR/USD 1MLEASING FEE = 4%+2%
    FOR PURCHASE OF FRESH CUT BG/SBLC PRICE = 32%+2%
    MINIMUM FACE VALUE OF BG/SBLC = EUR/USD 1M

    Our BG/SBLC Financing can help you get your project funded, loan financing by providing you with yearly. RWA ready to close leasing with any interested client in few banking days

    Name : karen perry

    Email : karenperry830@gmail.com
    Skype: karenperry830@gmail.com






    ReplyDelete