Back to Black

This blog post contains affiliate/ad links 

So following on from yesterday, it's more on the black.  But this time we're going longer.  Yes I would LOVE to be able to wear the shorter dresses, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel more comfortable with my legs covered up. Without a shadow of a doubt (and a lot of fake tan in the interim).  

The reason I love a longer dress is that I can just throw them on and go.  There's nothing else to think about - not even fake tan!  And most of these you can also wear into the Autumn with the addition of a biker jacket and boots.  Chunky sandals, clogs, any old sandals and trainers will work in the Summer, weather depending.

First up - the easy to throw on numbers.  These require zero brain power (always handy I find seeing as most days I barely have any).  Think a tent.  But a sophisticated and clever number - not a whiff of Millet's about it.  These you can throw on and wear with - I'm going to throw it out there and say any form of footwear.  Trainers are a given, sandals are a complete no brainer and when it rains, I would happily fling on an ankle boot.  I know it's seems a ridiculous concept at the minute in this heat but it's only a matter of weeks - gulp - before we'll be reaching to whack the heating on (actually it's not gulp - it's sob).

If you're tall... 



Shirt dresses never go out of style and there's a more fluid one at Mango for the new season. 




Another great every day number that you could dress up for a wedding with heels or dress with sandals or trainers for every day. 





Black Plain Midi Dress from Topshop was £39 now £20
Another dress that can easily be dressed up and down.  And can also be worn all year round. Perfect with boots and leather - it really has a great rock chick vibe but could easily morph into something more boho with ankle tie sandals and layered gold and beach jewellery.




This one is more Summery as it's sleeveless but at the same time, could easily be worn with a biker or denim jacket over the top. 




And this one which has a total gothic vibe to it which I LOVE. Would happily wear this to a party in the Winter, no problem at all. 



But my absolute favourite from River Island.  I will say that the bardot style does somewhat benchmark it to Summer style - I'd struggle to wear this into the Autumn with a jacket and boots.  BUT - pre-empting the super summery dresses that I've got further on in the post - these dresses are summer timeless classics.  Those dresses that you drag out year after year after year.  Those one that you WILL put in the suitcase (remember when that was an option?!)

Or this one... LOVE LOVE LOVE. 

And now for some super summery holiday numbers.  These you will have in your summer wardrobe for year and years and years.  Perfect for more exotic climes but just as easy to wear in the UK for a staycation.  Throw on a small black cardigan or denim jacket for cooler evenings. 






Finishing with a random one from Cos.  I thought this was AWESOME when I saw it in store during the week.  However I was not of the realisation that it was skin tight.  I had envisaged wearing it loose...it's a very stretchy knit fabric and on anyone who doesn't model for a living - it may give more than a look of potatoes fighting to get out of a sack.  I'm not sure it's the most forgiving.  Which is why I would wear it loose - not unlike the hush one I had on the blog post from the other day which I've had for four years, which I LOVE but could do with a newer version.  I may order it to "try"....

And finishing with another that can be dressed up or down. 




And I now have officially overdosed on black.  Actually I haven't but as I'm typing it's 33 degrees and I'm not entirely sure I can think of anything bar a pair of pants!  Having said that, I am still very much gearing towards a more pared back look for Autumn.  Of course, there's a huge part of me that will most definitely be embracing the boho but for those days when I want a change, it will be all about the Scandi vibe of less is more. 

Which leads me neatly onto chunky sandals.  Hunky chunky that some will hate but some will love. And at the very least, they're super comfy!  Coming shortly. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

9 comentarios:

  1. Thanks Kat, I've been thinking of a black maxi for a while...just bagged the River Island Textured Smock one in the sale for £12 - bargain! Really enjoy your blogs and Insta posts, you make my day! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first black dress the most! It suits my style!
    The Best Wallet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this hike.
    Designer Swimwear and beachwear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't hide your illness to yourself my dear fellow warriors, are you trying to get rid of any illness? Dr. Agbon is your final

    hope, because he cured me from HPV1&2, with his herbal root medicine. Contact him On WhatsApp +2348050495479 and get cured too. or

    email him at dragbonherbalmedicine@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good artcile, but it would be better if in future you can share more about this subject. Keep posting. badass vegan clothing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable. Therefore, I would like to thank you for the endeavors that you have made in writing this article. All the content is absolutely well-researched. Thanks... badass vegan clothing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogging has become so mainstream it has lost it's flare. Coming across your webpage was such a relief. I am especially intrigued by the delivery and wordplay. We'd like to contribute to your efforts by offering you a TOEFL CERTIFICATE FOR SALE​ ​ .

    The rise of social emojis has left the English language in a chokehold. Just like you, we can show your audience BUY TOEFL CERTIFICATE ONLINE​ ​ which will greatly improve their language powers and abilities.

    Join our ELITE GROUP​ ​ of experts from the British Council and black hat hackers.

    ReplyDelete