Getting a head start

... get checked.

Ok so that doesn't even make sense but this is a GOOD idea.

I know it's woeful and we've had the sum total of just three days of vaguely dodgy (and when I say that - I mean "typical British Summer weather") but it has sent me full kilter into thinking about Autumn clothing. 

Except that instead of my usual trick of stocking up on coats and cashmere, I'm thinking about far more functional things we can wear as transitional clothing.  Things that we CAN wear now with a tee and sandals but also into the Autumn.  Actually I would have LOVED to be wearing this now but I rather foolishly listened to the weather forecast and confused the Suffolk coastline with a Greek island and have mostly a plethora of skimpy sun dresses with me.  

However the weather is due to improve (WHOOP) but I am still stocking up on these as a wardrobe staple for both the Summer and the Autumn.  

Check.  Mate.  (had to get it in there.. sorry!)

Ganni Charron Tartan Cotton Blend Skirt from Matches £150



A much more purse friendly version from ASOS.  This I absolutely love - dare I say, prefer it to the Ganni above?  NAVY!  And yellow.  What's not to love?  I've ordered..

ASOS DESIGN Yellow Check Pleated Midi Skirt £35



Check again in the sale from Weekday.

Weekday Ruffle Skirt was £40 now £28



This I also have waiting for me when I get back..

Gingham Track Skirt from ME+Em £159  If you sign up for their email you can get 15% off your next order.



Tops are perfect for this time of year.  Throw on with jeans or shorts.  Obviously ideal for heading into the Autumn.  These also double up as perfect Out Out tops.  Skinnies or boyfriend jeans and heels or statement flats and you're good to go. 

A top which matches the Me+Em skirt - they look amazing together.  

Gingham Check Pleat Blouse from ME+Em £149




ASOS Check Smock Top with Ruffle Detail was £28 now £16.50



Another bargain at ASOS. 

Fashion Union Shirt with Ruffle Layer was £32 now £12.50

Or the Tall version which is now reduced to £9.50



Check Shirt Dress from Mango was £39.99 now £15.99



Dresses which are super versatile - which I'd obviously say seeing as I am the biggest dress aficionado there is.  So easy to wear and so little to think about it.  One dress.  One pair of shoes.  Done.  Sleeves a good idea (she says staring hopefully at her sleeve free options she's packed!)

Soft Checked Shirt Dress from Warehouse £52



But THIS has my name all over it. 

Gingham Check Dress from Uterque £150




Moving onto co-ords now and this is perfect to wear together as a suit with a slogan tee or separately.  Love the trousers with a fitted jumper and biker, the jacket with a tee, jeans and heels is the perfect slightly dressed up dressed down outfit (we all know we need one of them).

ASOS DESIGN tailored mensy wide leg trousers £38





And the matching Blazer.. £55



And finishing with an investment blazer.  So perfect for so so many occasions.

Joseph Grimaud Prince of Wales Check Jacket was £595 now £297


I did bring one outfit with me that has sleeves (seriously, the only thing I bought that has sleeves!).  Stripes not checks.. my new co-ord set from my M&S blog from the other day.


Culottes and top - M&S (part of paid partnership current)
Sandals - Forever 21 (5yrs ago)
Bag - Hill & Friends (gift ss18)
Sunglasses - Chloe from Very Exclusive (ss17)

I've also put done another Insta TV  - Part 2 of my journey as a parent of a child with ADHD and Aspergers.  All about how we got the diagnosis, medication and how we've navigated primary school.

I will be back tomorrow with another transitional favourite.. take a guess....It's a perennial favourite of mine!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment