Suddenly having all the feels for the jackets...

... as there has to be some benefit in the loss of the warm weather. 

Yes folks, it's jacket season.  We're not talking full on coats, but a lighter weight jacket that will in fact keep you going for months.  In fact, if you throw on a scarf, you can be wearing this well into the later Autumn months. 

Looking for something that you can wear over the dresses and skirts that I've been showcasing.  Or maybe you still have a plethora of dresses that you want to give a new lease of life to (*waves hand frantically*) - well hey ho.  This is what you need. 

So I have my heart set on something military.  Don't ask me why - I think it's probably the fit.  With long maxi dresses and full skirts, I love the contrast of a neatly fitted jacket and a single breasted - normally with sturdy shoulders (clearly not a fashion tern in any way, shape or form) - one will work perfectly. 

Can I find the perfect one?  Well obviously not.  I do have one from Zara that I've had for about 4yrs now (my love hate relationship will no doubt continue into this season as well but I will give them their jackets and their shoes have always been consistently amazing.  Dresses, blouses, jumpers - all usually disappointing.  I want to love them but the quality is so dodgy and the prices have crept up)

However not from Zara - a little gem at River Island.  

River Island with embellished jacket detail in green £55



Military jacket from hush in khaki £75 - don't forget the 10% off with the code A18PREVIEW




And in black - again £75 pre discount 



This is longer line that I would usually wear but another "look" this season is going to be longer jackets over long skirts/dresses.  Now this is probably going to take a bit more getting used to but if this sort of looks takes your fancy (I'll definitely be going in - I'm going to try blazers first - watch this space), then this jacket could be worth a look. 

Sacred Hawk Military Jacket was £60 now £36




THIS is exactly what I'm looking for - although again, I would like it a little more fitted and shorter.

Military style beads jacket from Mango £69.99



And in the navy again £69.99



This has really turned my head.  Typing and thinking out loud... I'm wondering if camo is as versatile as leopard.  I think it might be... 

Boohoo jacket in camo £35



Cropped Camo Shacket at Topshop £39



Monki Trucker Jacket £65 Like leopard, check can be hugely versatile and easily work as a neutral.  My husband would like to have me sectioned for spouting this sort of rubbish but this season - if it's not a clashing print, you really shouldn't wear it.  This is not going to be any sort of music to my husband's ears.  HA HA HA!



Plain now, throwing in some texture with old school corduroy. 

Clockwork Trucker Jacket in rust from Freepeople £68



Everlyn Jacket from Freepeople £128




Cropped Corduroy Jacket £89 from & Other Stories




Cropped Jacket in black £89 from & Other Stories 



Plain again at Topshop. 

Topstitch Camel Shacket £39



However the jacket that I personally would get the most use out of is THIS.  I have looked for a jacket like this for years.  I have a similar in navy from Zara that I bought 6 yrs ago and every time I wear it, I get streams of messages asking where it's from.  I shall be doing a tweed round up shortly.  Rubbish in the rain but still - a little bit of a Chanel love in never does anyone any harm. (I mean Chanel-esque - there will be no four figure fabric jackets on this blog!).

Tweed Jacket from Mango £49.99



I will definitely be back with more of these as there is a LOT of mileage in them.  Not to mention trenches, leather jackets (not just bikers) and the good old cardigan.  YES, it's making a come back.  In my wardrobe anyway.

Today - sans jacket.  The other item I chose from Essentiel Antwerp when I went to see them.  I absolutely love this dress and this belt.  Navy.  Yes, it's lace, yes it's probably supposed to be worn for far dressier occasions but with a pair of trainers (I ditched the leather jacket as it was too warm), it was perfect for a meeting in London this morning (followed by a trip to the Dr's with the smallest who's ear is still puking green gunk three weeks later... more antibiotics that he's just taken, that he's just thrown up.  Awesome).   



Dress & Belt - Essentiel Antwerp (gift current)
Bag - Liberty's (gift current)
Trainers - Golden Goose (4yrs old)
Sunglasses - Chloe from Very Exclusive (ss17)

We have friends over for drinks this evening (which means I haven't got to get changed - PERFECT outfit for champagne - Lidl's finest highly recommended by the way - and yes I shall be keeping the trainers on) and then three whole delicious days with NOTHING planned.  What's not to love about that?  One last week of holidays and before we know it, they'll be ensconced back in school.   But before then, I have loads of new season ideas for you to mull over.  Have a great Friday.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

18 comentarios:

  1. It's definately jacket weather, 10-15°C in a morning and 17-24° in the afternoon, not to mention sudden downpours! You've inspired me to wear my khaki jacket tomorrow (with creams and beige as it's still technically summer! I do love a chanel inspired jacket, I tend to dress mine down so not to look too "mature".
    Would love a military jacket, and nearly ordered that Boden blue one with white trim, but there was no way I could get those sleeves shortened with the embellishments (big hint Boden, please do a blue military jacket in petite!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sooooooooo wish I'd got that Boden one!!! BUGGER! And of course there's nothing similar this season. DANG!

      Delete
    2. It was gorgeous, hopefully they'll do something similar in the future! And hopefully in petite! 🤞

      Delete
  2. Love the hush military - have you any idea what the sizing is like? Can't remember whether they are stingy or generous in their sizing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a black Chanel type jacket from Hush and I really love it. Planning on wearing it with a shirtdress and high heels(gonna be hobbling home) There are some real winners in this post😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for your blog post. Thanks again
    Your website is really great, this is an incredibly exciting article. Thank you very much.
    https://www.hrclothes.com
    https://www.lpg-cylinder-ng.com
    https://www.jingweiclothing.com
    https://www.aflmotor.com
    https://www.daselevator.com
    http://site-2694911-560-339.mystrikingly.com/blog/what-s-so-good-about-black]What's so good about black?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our trusted, qualified, and able designers try to bring you the latest artistic styles to make you look classy! Our committed and devoted team of leaders are here to serve you as client satisfaction is the high and soul priority for us. Mens Biker Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for your blog post. Thanks again
    Your website is really great, this is an incredibly exciting article. Thank you very much.Ballerina flats FACTORY
    Gold flats supplier
    Wedge shoes price
    High top wedge sandals supplier
    Nude wedge shoes FACTORY
    Wedge boots for women price

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for your blog post. Thanks again
    Your website is really great, this is an incredibly exciting article. Thank you very much.Wedge boots for women FACTORY
    Wedge heels manufacturer
    Wedge sandals manufacturer
    Women flats manufacturer
    China Ballet shoes FACTORY
    China Lace up flats price

    ReplyDelete
  8. china Haining AFL Fan Equipment Factory mainly produces: Centrifugal fan, ec fan, axial fan, blower fan, radial fan, EC motor, external rotor motor, DC fan; DC motor; DC brushless motor and more. Welcome to call to discuss cooperation.China Centrifugal Fan supplier

    ReplyDelete
  9.   China Centrifugal Fan supplierHaining Aifuluo Electric Co., Ltd. is a comprehensive enterprise integrating design, research and development, production, construction and service. After years of market development and technological innovation, this enterprise has formed a continuous supply of new technologies and new technologies for the development of the national economy. Process, new materials, new equipment capabilities.Haining Aifuluo Electric Co., Ltd. mainly produces: ec fan, Centrifugal fan, radial fan, blower fan, EC motor, external rotor motor, DC fan, DC motor, DC brushless motor, axial fan and other products.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. https://excellentcustomclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works. https://excellentcustomclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us. shindo life codes 2049

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work. techwear-x.com

    ReplyDelete