Oh how I LOVE the new season...

...especially when it's at one of my very very favourites.. yes, that'll be hush.

And today is the day.  The launch of Autumn/Winter 18.  AND 10% off with the code A18PREVIEW.

Honestly - I don't know where to start.  I will begin with saying that this season, I am hugely honoured to be working with hush on a paid partnership basis - very simply, they've asked me to pick and style my favourite pieces.  Which, I'm not going to lie, wasn't the most difficult job I've ever had. 

Actually I say that, but there was just sooo much loveliness, it was a pretty tall order to know where to start. 

So what I've done is started off by picking three outfits which are my favourite transitional looks.  Easy to wear when it's still on the warm side but perfect as we head into colder (and rainier...) days.

And what's more, these pieces can easily be paired with your old favourites from past seasons.

First up - the perfect transitional suit.  This is so much more than a suit though.  They work SO supremely well as separates. 




The jacket and tee would be ideal worn with a skirt or any other plain trousers.  Or how about just good old jeans?

I personally find most of hush clothing on the large side but this jacket I would say is true to size.  I normally take a 10 in jackets elsewhere and have the 10 on here.

Chrissie Check  Blazer £89




And the tee... oh how I LOVE this tee.  Yes Sir, I CAN boogie (well I can't really - according to my children I am a terrible and exceptionally embarrassing dancer, but if the tee shirt says I can, who am I to argue.  Do you reckon I can get wallpaper with this printed on?).

It's a soft, slub linen style jersey which is super drapey and super flattering.  Easy to do a half tuck with, would look divine with a skirt and a biker - pair with leather leggings (it's long enough to do a half tuck and still drape down over the bits you don't want to be seen...!) and longline blazer with heels and it's the perfect casual night out outfit.

I have the small on - I would say this is slightly (but not massively perhaps if you are bigger of chest) on the large side.




Yes Sir Tee £35




Then the trousers.  I was AMAZED that I could put a pair on after my three week excessive Summer of loving (wine, fish and chips and chicken pate that will be) and not feel shoehorned into them.  They're fitted without being spray on skinny.  They're a medium rise which I think is the most flattering rise in trousers as high rise - well, I just feel a bit Simon Cowell and it's really hard to tuck things in without adding excess bulge where I really don't need excess bulge.  And they have pockets.  My work here is done.

Yes they are perfect worn as a suit but with an oversized jumper (I'm on the hunt for a red one) and loafers or ballet flats, they can instantly be dressed down.  The other option going into the Autumn would be to channel your inner Ali McGraw and how about a fitted polo neck and trench?

These are a 10 - I would say ever so slightly on the large side but not hugely so. If you're between sizes, I would possibly size down (she says remembering quantity of holiday food consumed and taking into consideration the zero amount of exercise done).


Cropped Check Trousers £75




Moving onto the trainers.  The perfect black trainers, nailed in the first week of the Autumn drop.  Result.  

Statement enough to be slightly edgy but subtle enough to not have your teenagers eyes rolling at you.  Since I'm 45, I'm also going to throw in that are insanely comfy.  Which swings it for me every time.

Bedale Trainers £149




And then I come onto the dresses.  Yes, hush have been super kind and indulged my love of the frock for another year.

We all know that I think these are simply the easiest things in the world to throw on and hush have made it even easier with the two that I have chosen.

First up - yes it's a classic hush shape with a monochrome twist.  



I honestly don't think there's an easier shape to wear this season.  Super flattering elasticated waist (you could always add an extra belt for more detail if you so desired), side slits which are ideal for the end of the Summer and just add tights for into Winter.  

This works as well dressed down for during the day (see here with trainers - the same trainers as above - leather and suede) as it does dressed up with heels for a night out.  Surely you can't ask for more from a dress than that? 

I'm wearing the 10 here and actually I would say it's probably true to size.

Yasmin Dress £99




And then finally we come onto a dress that manages to cover traditional tea dress whilst having a super modern and unusual feel with the colour and handkerchief hem.  

I LOVE this china blue.  So gorgeously feminine and delicate but me not being particularly delicate, have chosen to team it with a pair of chunkier boots. 



Whilst I've dressed it down here for my ideal transitional dressing, you could easily add a dressier heel for a very different look.   Like the dress above, I would say true to size.

Stretch Kensington Shirt Dress £69




These boots.. OH these boots.  




Yes they're chunky but they've not veered off into complete workman territory.  Super wearable with dresses and skirts - would also be sublime leather leggings or skinny jeans, oversized jumper for casual days, tee and longline blazer or thinner knit and coat for something slightly less dress down.  True to size.

Avebury Boots £230




Not forgetting my beloved biker jacket.




This isn't new.  Yes it's hush.  I've had it for five years now.  And the best thing about these jackets is that they just get better with age.  How many items of clothing can you say that about?  The more you wear them, the longer you have them, the more amazing they look and feel.  Sure they're an investment but it's one that, I promise, you will thank me for. 

Onyx Jacket in black £295




Which this year also comes in a midnight - £295






And I obviously can't go without mentioning these which I have my eye all over.  

Rye Boots £220



So grab a coffee (or a glass of wine if you're reading this in the evening), ignore the fact that it's rather warm again and have a lovely peruse.  Yes, it's my favourite, FAVOURITE time of the year.

This blog has been written as part of a paid partnership with hush but all views are my own, unedited.


Share this:

CONVERSATION

13 comentarios:

  1. Any discount codes to share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's a really lovely selection of clothes in Hush this autumn in pretty colours. I was wondering if anyone knows - are the Onyx leather jackets true to size or do they come up large? I tried on the Size 8 in John Lewis when I am usually a Hush Size 6. It fitted OK but was wondering if a 6 would be even better (none in stock to try on in JL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mine to bits. Personally, I feel they come up marginally larger than the label size.... more so for me across the shoulders. I have a UK8 Onyx from last year and for me it fitted better across the shoulders compared to the 10UK which looked too broad there. And surprisingly, it offers reasonable coverage over my large bust if i need to although I usually wear mine open. Bear in mind though that I can only get a T and a thin cashmere cardi underneath. Anything thicker and I'd have to have gone for the UK10. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  3. Yes sir I love that T shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying not to weaken! And then there is the 10% discount code (A18PREVIEW), it does make things even more difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous ! now I have them Kensington in their navy and daisy print and the bright blue is 3 in threw same style going too far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn good. One must be curious to try new and new outfits on them. Even to try out something new and that too 100% handmade cotton jackets, i was amazed by this collection https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/j-babylon-unique-hand-painted-denim-jackets-design-clothing#/ One must have a look and suggest me about my point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Hush
    The current paid partnership I have with you is not going to work for this season. Our arrangement so far has been for me to pay and you send me the clothes I love. This season there are too many gorgeous things and I find myself unable to pay. Could we please come to another arrangement? I would propose that you send me all the clothes I love from your new season collection (this will be easy for you, just send all clothing in a 10 and shoes in a size 5) and I don’t pay.
    I am sure at least one of us will be extremely happy with this solution.
    Kind regards
    Hush-lover Birgit xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want in on Birgit's suggestion ;-)
    I blitzed that site today and then promptly forgot the bloody code....do you think they'll honour it if I ping them an email?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I decided against the T shirt but have ordered the Charlie twist dress. It sold out but they seem to have some more - will reconcile me to colder weather - that with tights, clumpy boots and my aviator jacket - love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find that Hush looks nice online but up close in John Lewis don't think the quality is very good. Anything I try on always looks shapeless

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're tailored deprived of existence sprig on thin. They're a average rise which I think is the greatest gratifying rise in slacks as high rise - well, I just texture a bit Simon Cowell and it's actually hard to tuck belongings in deprived of adding extra bulge where I really don't need extra protuberance.

    ReplyDelete