Be my Teddy Bear

Fear not, this is not me getting all weird with you, this is me finally accepting the lust for something I have genuinely ummed and ahhed about and THIS is the year that I will find one that I love. 

They've been around forever.  And for about three years I have had the MaxMara full length Teddy Bear coat on my Christmas List (mostly a wish list...!) but it's actually sold out before I've got around to deciding I definitely want one.  I haven't even tried one on.  Duh.  BUT they're the only ones that I've ever seen that are looooooooooong.  That are full length and make me look like a grown up, slightly sophisticated Pudsey Bear. 

However the trend does definitely seem to be for slightly shorter coats which are perfect if you're not Gulliver, like I am, so I shall be all of the magnanimous and check those out for you, whilst hoping I found one that turns me into Huggy Bear.

I should also point out that a faux shearling is exactly the same with just a slightly less juvenile name.

First up - one place I go and try them on every year.. .Warehouse. 

Teddy Bear Faux Fur Coat £89




Similar at Mango £69.99




Same in cream (although they say it's "light/pastel grey"... doesn't look any sort of grey to me though... it does look like a dirt magnet mind you... !!) £69.99




I have to say, this one would be up there near the top of the list for me...

Long Ochre Faux Fur Coat from Pull & Bear £59.99




Shorter again and slightly more teddy bear (in for a penny, in for a pound and all that...) at Mango.


Faux Fur Coat £89.99





And then longer from Autograph at M&S £89  So.  I got my hands on one of these.  And I took a size 16.  Otherwise it simply didn't work in my humble opinion.  It should be SUPER oversized, the shoulders should be low, it should look like you are wearing a furry duvet.  This is the nearest I have ever seen to the real thing (but only if you size up!!).




And this one from Warehouse which also looks insanely good.  I would again size up to get that proper Teddy Bear snug look.  These are supposed to be oversized...do I sound like a stuck record..??! 

But if it's not your look then totally don't bother and take your usual size if you're not all consumed by the MaxMara one! 

Maxi Faux Fur Coat from Warehouse £99 






Although I do think this is a better colour.... 




Throwing in some curve balls... oh hello BLUE.





Grey/mole colour new in at Mango.

Lapels faux fur coat £139.99




This one deserves another picture as it's so amazing...



Slightly alternative in cream..

ASOS Tall Borg Biker £70  

Also available in non tall - as in normal.. again £79




 But my three favourites if you're looking for one that isn't a direct MaxMara wannabe...

Domra Coat from Weekday £135





Boden Hereford Coat £180



Black Colour Block Borg Coat from New Look £49.99 




So this coat above.  THIS is the reason that I love blogging about fashion.  THIS is the reason that I come back to it again and again.  As it's so easy to get distracted by huge price tags and the lure of Instagram but finding gems like this on sites where I wouldn't normally shop.  Pure.  Joy. 

And speaking of that - tomorrow I am back with another GEM.  This time I didn't find it online, I found it instore when I went shopping on Monday with my daughter.  It's simply incredible. In the meantime, here I am yesterday and today.


Untitled

Jumper - Orwell & Austen (current)
Skirt - Ganni (ss18)
Boots - Grenson from Collen & Clare (aw17)
Bag - Chloe from Cancer Research (vintage but current to mme!)
Blazer - Mos Mosh (current gift)
Sunglasses - Walter + Herbert (current)

And another.... spot the theme...

Untitled


Jumper - Orwell & Austen (current)
Skirt - Ganni (current)
Trainers - hush (current)
Biker Jacket - Jigsaw (aw17 gift)
Bag - as above
Sunglasses - as above

So I do apologise for not having been around for almost an entire week - yes I have been ridiculously busy on a charity venture which I will talk about another day (small hint... see above jumpers...) but I've also lost my blogging mojo.  I KNOW!  It's not even necessarily the blogging mojo, it was just clothing generally.  I have been submerged in all things for the National Autistic Society and so for the first time in forever, I've been on autopilot getting dressed. 

Which was interesting for a week (yes, a whole week...steady on hey?!) but I have had so, so many message from people asking for help and where have I been and could I do wide leg trousers, sequins, skirts, dresses - oh my lord the list is huge and so YES.  I can.  I took a mini break but I'm back juggling all the balls and yes I DO still have the holiday blogs to come but let's get cracking in Autumn with a vengeance.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

11 comentarios:

  1. I love the Idea of a Teddy Bear or faux fur coat, but the few I've tried on just got my petite frame looking the Michelin man! Maybe I just haven't found the right shape yet! But I have spotted a couple I like the look of...
    https://www.inwear.com/iw-outerwear.aspx
    There is even a bomber jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was I mistaken or was that you on QVC on Sunday being a model for Elemis. If it was you I think they should have you on there as a regular guest not just for beauty but as a part of the fashion team. You would be a natural on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the Elemis TSV and have managed to get the two creams as best friends present, the body lotion and bath for an aunt each and the hand lotion as a token small thing for Xmas guest - that leaves the cleanser for meeeeeee!
    Also I have tried on a few TB coats and being short they can add bulk but I managed to find a 60's white one, perfect size with little half belt at back for £35 vintage if not that New Look one would have been mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are gorgeous & want to cuddle anyone wearing them! But I’m my head I can’t help but think that when they’re wet they are really heavy & soggy �� and maybe smell a bit like wet dog ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't got as far as considering practicalities! Sounds like a reliable weather forecast is needed...

      Delete
  5. I am with Danish Pastry. I too am petite and these coats absolutely swamp me. However, the M&S one which ISN'T oversized and doesn't work for you, may actually work for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need one that is designed with us short arses in mind!

      Delete
    2. True. Although I find that anything oversized is quite unflattering for short arses! It didn't suit me in the 80's and it doesn't suit me now. Oh for fitted clothing and knee length dresses to be back in fashion!

      Delete
  6. I tried one on in m&s, my friend was laughing so much, a total stranger stopped to laugh along too. #stumpyproblems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how funny! This really made me laugh. It's the type of thing that happens to me.

      Delete
  7. I just bought the New Look version - hoping it looks as good on me as it does on the model!

    ReplyDelete