The great thing about getting older..

… is that with each passing year, my propensity to give a toss gets less.

I would love to say that's merely with regards to clothing but nope, pretty much in every area of my life.  

HOWEVER, we're not here to talk about my not give two hoots at whether or not someone cares whether I decide to take my kids to see their new favourite film as opposed to going to rugby training when it's pouring with rain (and they really don't like rugby anyway) - today we ARE talking about clothes. 

And that includes wearing what you want, what you want.  It also means that you get to invest in the clothes you actually LOVE as opposed to buying sensible ones that you know you should wear but would rather be bedecked in sequins for the school run as it makes you feel just a whole lot better about yourself?  

And makes you smile.  Which - the older you get - you also realise is super important.  To smile and be smiled at.  I can pretty much guarantee that random strangers will smile at you if you crack out the sequins during the day (not entirely sure it's not always out of pity but the joyous thing is - who cares?!).

They are so so easy to dress down.  They're also easy to dress up.  Christmas at your fingertips but you will still be wearing them dressed down come Easter. 

First up - skirts.  I NEED a really good sequin skirt.  I know the one I want - it was for sale at Zara at the end of the Summer and I MISSED it.  There is another version which I don't love nearly as much but I'm going to have to go in anyway unless I find a better one out there. 

This is what we're aiming for...this is the Zara skirt of dreams.





And here's what I've found. 

It does seem to be the pencil midi that is the most popular this season.  I flirted with the idea of a pencil earlier in the season and I do have my beloved Essentiel wrap skirt which is straight but is also asymmetric which I find a lot easier to wer than a classic pencil.  But I'm probably in the minority with this one. 

Spot Sequin Skirt from Warehouse £65




Ombre Sequin Skirt from Warehoue £65



Dark Gold Sequin pencil at Principles £45




Pencil with a drape detail at Mango £69,99




This looks slightly more interesting although it is quite large sequins and I prefer smaller... fussy much?!

Emilia Sequin skirt from French Connection £95



Maxi Pencil... aha, now this is something I might be able to get on board with, although ideally I'm looking for something with a bit more swing.

Ashish Sequin Skirt from Warehouse £65   You could go full on with the matching top - personally I would put a knit with this to lessen the.. well the "everything"... but it's whatever floats your boat.



More fluid now... personally though it needs to be longer.  Never let it be said that I'm not ridiculously fussy.

ASOS DESIGN pleated sequin midi skirt £69


Fuller in blue at JDWilliams.  No, not somewhere I would usually look at all but I have looked at THE ENTIRE INTERNET.  These are like rocking horse poo.

Sequin Maxi Skirt from JDWilliams £50




This could be a contender although it's a tad SILVER... and if I'm saying it's not subtle, that's definitely saying something!

TFNC sequin hi low skirt £65





THIS one though... 

Mira Sequin Midi Skirt £110



Or there is still this one that I also can't stop thinking about... 

Sequin Midi Skirt from Boden £120




And I've found this..although yawn, I need it longer.

Maison Pere from FarFetch was £387 now £271




So I'm not sure if there is one there that I LOVE - top of the list for me are definitely the two navy longer ones at the end.  I simply can't stop thinking about the Zara one.  Which you can still get in Australia and I have to say I am ridiculously tempted to see if someone will get it and send it to me....

Here I am in all the skirt action over the last couple of days although admittedly none of them are sequin.  However you could very easily substitute a sequin version into either of these outfits.



Skirt - M&S (3yrs ago)
Jacket - Zara (3yrs ago)
Jumper - Orwell + Austen (current)
Trainers - Golden Goose from FarFetch (sale aw17)
Bag - Liberty of London (ss18 gift)




Jumper - John Smedley from Bicester Village (gift ss17)
Skirt - Farleigh (gift current)
Jacket - The Dressing Room (current)
Trainers - Golden Goose from FarFetch (sale aw17)
Bag - Chloe from Cancer Research (vintage but new to me!)

I WILL be back tomorrow or Sunday - I can't quite type fast enough with everything I want to talk about at the minute! 

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday night - I am off to the school Quiz and I'm driving, so it's all the rock and roll for me... Tomorrow night, we've got a dinner party and on Sunday I am chatting to my lovely friend Gaby Roslin on her radio show.  Which I am TOOOO excited about! 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

4 comentarios:

  1. Hi,
    I love the same skirt you do! Lol. Let me know when you find it; I'm excited to find out! And I hope we don't have to get it through someone in Australia...
    Angie, www.yourtrueselfblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen this one in Zara? I think it is stunning but it doesn't suit me as I am too thick at the waistband :(
    Totally agree with you on the not giving a toss; as I approach 50 (!) I realise I dress and act more these days to please ME than ever before. Liberation :)


    https://www.zara.com/ie/en/limited-edition-sequinned-skirt-p02488108.html?v1=8014069&v2=1074558

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the Zara skirt - please campaign for them to re-issue it, it really is the skirt of dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are designing these clothes
    I really like

    ReplyDelete