The coat that's not just for Christmas..

… and you could have been forgiven for thinking it was going to be sequins (fear not, I shall be doing them too!) but today it's all about the velvet. 

We Three Kings and all that - we're talking flowing (ok not actually - less costume), we're talking easy to wear, we're talking throw on with jeans but also wear to work.  Wear over a long dress, belt with a huge belt and throw on ankle boots or trainers.  Ideal for over an LBD for a Christmas night out.  These work for every single occasion - it's just where to get them from.

Coat or blazer?  For me - It's all about the blazer but a longline one so essentially I want a cross between the two.  I fear we're back in rocking horse poo territory and this is one of those blogs that I haven't seen something and then written about it.  I've conjured up an image of something I would LOVE in my mind and am now trying to find it. 

Hint - these never work well.  Ever.  BUT that's not to to say they won't ever work so here's hoping.

First off - 

Velvet Blazer at Zara £69.99




I also love this one.. I am going to order the Zara one and will report back but I've been really disappointed with their quality recently. 

Aaiko Valancia Blazer from Zalando £139.99




Velvet Suit Blazer from Mango £59.99 (on offer this weekend only - 30% off online).




Black Velvet at Topshop on offer was £69 now £45




Fashion Union Longline Jacket in Burgundy Velvet in Tall £45


Velvet Blazer from Mango in Dark Green £59.99




Bottle Green at Next - this is the sort that I love - the relaxed edge, slouchy style £50





Velvet tux blazer in blue from Reclaimed Vintage £45




Silver grey at John Lewis £130




But this one I think is AMAZING - from Massimo Dutti.

Massimo Dutti Velvet Coat £169 in dark blue 




And here I am in not a jot of velvet as I am desperate for one in this shape but in velvet.  I did buy one from Zara but it was SHOCKING quality. (one wear, one button less...).

I did however manage to track down THIS Zara skirt. Which is a large.  Yes - a large is a large 10 or small 12.  Which I think is shocking.  But alas I did love the skirt too much to vote with my feet.


Jumper - Bella Freud from Black White Denim (current)
Skirt - Zara (current)
Boots - Isabel Marant from Harvey Nichols (sale 2yrs ago)
Bag - Hill & Friends (gift 2yrs ago)
Coat - Acne (sale ss17)
Sunglasses - Chloe from Very Exclusive

And just like that it's FRIDAY!  I hope everyone has had a good week.  I'm not doing a round up of all things Black Friday as I happen to think it just encourages us to buy things we don't need.  I will be back over the weekend but it will be with the usual fare... focussing on specific things that we can add into our wardrobe that will be WORN and worn a lot.  Not just bought as it's on offer.  PHEW - got that off my chest.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comentarios:

  1. OMG, this is rocking horse do do for me!
    Blazers are always difficult, I'm a short arse complete with short arms, so if the fit over the shoulders is okay the sleeves will be too long, and most blazers have buttons at the cuff so impossible to turn up easily!
    I did think I'd cracked it this year as Boden have one in petite and in navy. I ordered even though I was a little dubious about it being longline. I didnt keep it! Length was fine (not really longline, just a little longer than another blazer I own), shoulders and sleeves were fine, but it was that stiffer velvet and I didnt like it on me. So the hunt is still on, but for a softer velvet that drapes better. Im heading off to see if the Massimo Dutti one has buttons on the sleeves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quick question about that Zara skirt Kat. I have just ordered one and whilst I love it I have noticed a very strange seam on the back panel. It goes diagonally across and you can see it (just) on the outside but it's definitely there when I turn it inside out. Just wondering if yours is the same or if I have a rogue?? Just LOVE your style BTW!

    ReplyDelete