Drum roll please. The haul is....

...... average.  From the Zara sale that is.  I know that's the dullest thing on the planet to read - no-one wants to be average but I can't think of any other way to describe it.  Put it this way - I didn't ring The Husband in a polish my halo stylee as I had bought so little, but didn't feel the need to hide the bags. 


So a quick synopsis of what I got and actually I am really pleased as they are all things that I previously had my eye on and couldn't justify buying. 


Pink blazer.  Now I had bought this earlier in the season and loved it but had other things I needed to buy.  A paltry £20 off but it all adds up.  Which went to buy my snakeskin M&S scarf which goes perfectly with the jacket.  Huzzah - a fab outfit for A/W already!  In the meantime will look great with my floral Primark jeans. And I *may* have my eye on some other fabulous Zara trousers that a friend of mine was wearing on Friday night which will look fantastic with them.  Watch this space (spending ban going really well, as you can see....I am a joke. Of that there is no doubt)




Two tops which will, touch wood, partially solve the permanent dilemma of a top to wear with jeans/trousers that 


a) covers a muffin top 
b) doesn't have to be tucked in
c) is slightly smarter/more interesting than a plain tee (which is an impossibility in itself to find) 
d) is the right length
e) is thin enough to go under a blazer/leather jacket as opposed to the oversized tees which I have a penchant for


They're a silk front and back with fine knit sleeves.  I'm hoping they'll be as useful in real life as they are in my head.  Always a risk to be honest.





And finally a purchase I am beyond thrilled with.  Admittedly I am having to think creatively about what goes with them as these were my dream purchase earlier on in the season but I couldn't find them for love nor money.  I'm hoping that a snakeskin clutch (Mrs D - I have my eye on yours!) may be the answer into dragging both together and making an outfit. 


Behold shoes of dreams. 




I did also buy a white & black tuxedo Olivia Palermo style jacket but, typical of Zara, one wear and a seam is coming undone.  Tis a massive bugbear of mine with them but not one that means I stop shopping there naturally.  To their credit, they are very good at taking faulty things back.  And I am dogmatic in my returning things that have come apart.  Drives me insane.


So all in all, as a haul, I think pretty reserved.  The shoes were a more radical purchase but I simply had to have them and will no doubt end up buying things to go with them (normally a massive no no in my shopping rules)  I think we can perhaps credit Bob with the purchase, but so far, no further sales disasters.


A quick round up of what I have been wearing - apologies that it's been so long.  A combination of the school fair, Rugrat Duty and general stuff (which, with hindsight doesn't seem so time consuming but I had no bloody spare time at all so god knows what I was faffing about doing.  Apologies)


Thursday - Taken by RR2, so slightly out of focus.  Perhaps better that way. Up and at 'em for the Zara sale. Hence flats are the order of the day. 



Nude vest - Primark
Floral silk blouse - Anitk Batik (bought this when pregnant with RR2 who is 6 in Oct!)
Vintage ankle zip skinny jeans - Zara
Rose gold Gigi sandals - Sam Edelman
Stone and gold link necklace - Anthropologie
Vanilla Roxanne - Mulberry


Friday - Coffee morning filling jars for the School fair and then a lovely lunch in Tunbridge Wells (ok so hardly taxing)  And then the usual run around before finally having a shower before going out in the evening. 


Nude silky jersey tee - H&M
Distressed biker jeans - By Malene Birger
Navy silk scarf print jacket - Zara
Serpent gold necklace - Stella & Dot
Renegade gold bracelet - Stella & Dot
Gold fretwork earrings - Etsy
Gold fretwork pumps - Jimmy Choo
Vanilla Roxanne - Mulberry



Black crepe vest top - Zara
Black coated skinnies - Cos
Black and white tuxedo style jacket - Zara
Gold and black necklace - Made
Gold Renegade bracelet - Stella & Dot
Gold fretwork earrings - Etsy
Snakeskin, neon, black and tan sandals - Zara
Tan De Manta clutch - Mulberry


Saturday morning, slightly worse for wear, taking RR2 to football. It was freezing and very wet.  Not my finest look.  And later on in the day with different boots and without coat and scarf for School fair. 




White vest - Primark
Distressed biker jeans - By Malene Birger
Silvery jumper - Zara
Gold fretwork earrings - Etsy
Black suede ankle boots - Pied a Terre
Fuchsia Roxanne Tote - Mulberry
Parka - South by Littlewoods
Snakeskin scarf - M&S
Wellies - Joules


And yesterday for a lovely Sunday lunch out with the family. 




Nude vest  - Primark
Beige linen tee - Zara
Distressed biker jeans - By Malene Birger
Pearly king and queen style jacket - Phase Eight
Gold serpent necklace - Stella & Dot
Renegade bracelet - Stella & Dot
Cheetah print ponyskin bag - Zara
Diamante and nude sandals - Primark


Am toying with the idea of doing a round up of the sales...... Which will probably be a mistake as I simply can't not buy things.  Can I blame you lot?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

21 comentarios:

  1. Those soes need no justification - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had my eye on them for ages but couldn't find them. So so chuffed even though have nothing really to go with them. Doh. Kat
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Those shoes are to die for! They look great with that outfit.
    Please can we have a pic of the next jumper.....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pic of Next Jumper coming today I promise!

      Delete
  3. LOVE the shoes...if i hadn't just bought the Dollar Craze and a pair of pumps in the Clarks sale, i would be seriously tempted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well done you on your Clarks haul. Well if it's any consolation, they're pretty much sold out everywhere I believe. So you saved yourself a trip!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Shoes are gorgeous! I bought a couple of the linen tees in the Zara sale but was very disappointed on the whole with the reductions,and was trying to shop with three kids which is just an impossibility. Where's the Next jumper???!! And which trousers in Zara are you looking at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reductions were rubbish, weren't they? And yes - oh my god, shopping with 3 kids, heavens knows how you did it?! I struggle with one - three just does not happen anymore. I've lost my patience with them by the time we've parked the car. Oops.

      Trousers in Zara I will post later today, ditto with the Next jumper. Hopefully off to pick them up today. xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! Am very pleased with the beauties. Just need inspiration of how to wear them now. Fool! xxx

      Delete
  6. Love your blog. It made me realize how frumpy I had become! Where is the next jumper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so lovely thank you and I'm sure you haven't become nearly as frumpy as you think - it's just very easy to get stuck in the same rut. Next Jumper is coming today! xxx

      Delete
  7. You, muffin top? Not possible! I managed to grab some stuff from Zara Dubai too, a clutch (I used it in my post today) and some tops. Your white tux jacket is TDF and nope there was no sign of that gorgeous floral blazer of yours at Zara the other day BUT I managed to get a great bargain at DVF, bought myself a divinely soft cashmere scarf and a pair of sandals from Mystique :) Happy for now..

    Come and see my latest post 'INTO THE BLUE' here:
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/07/into-blue.html#

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I have a horrendous muffin top. Always keep it covered. Fab bargains you got - and lucky you having the sun to wear your lovely clothes in! V v jealous indeed xxxx

      Delete
  8. I tried to get thos shoes even before the sale & they were not online boo hoo. I had seen them in magazine so disapointed....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto which is one of the reasons I was so bloody over the moon! I was gutted when I couldn't get them earlier in the season - I think they had a very limited run even though they were on line for a while and I procrastinated too long. But there were very few in store - I had them do a UK search for me and they couldn't find a single pair on my size!

      Delete
  9. Wow I adore the sandals I did not notice them In the Dublin store guess where I shall be first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you manage to track them down?!! They were pretty much sold out everywhere as soon as they came out I think. They didn't even come into our local store. They were featured in most of the fashion mags which is pretty much a guarantee that they'll be sold within nano seconds. Hope you managed to score a rogue pair. Kat
      xxx

      Delete
    2. Found the sandals but one size too big it was worse than not finding them at all. I did try and convince myself they were ok but as I almost killed myself in them I decided there was a hint there.so sadly did not buy them but both loads more in the sales to compensate for my sad loss.

      Delete
  10. OMG those Zara sandals and that Friday night outfit brings only one word to mind and its a Rachel Zoe word, especially for you - PERFECTION.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Zara sale is RUBBISH! I love Zara normally but the past 2 visits to my local store has had me walking out empty handed - this is not normal and I am very disappointed. However I have found a new love - MANGO! They have an amazing sale on and their clothes fit me like a glove!

    ReplyDelete