I am officially obsessed....

......with a pair of boots.  

A pair of boots that have been around for ages - it's not even as if they're new out.  They've bypassed me totally.  However now I simply have to have them. 

I'm not going to say they're occupying my every thought as that would be woefully shallow and pathetic.  Wouldn't it.............

Obviously they're expensive.  Very expensive.  Why on earth can I not be in love with a pair from New Look?  But I guess that the majority of boots that are on sale at New Look - or Zara, ASOS, Kurt Geiger - in fact anywhere on the high street have taken their inspiration from the designer brands. 

So time for the big reveal.  They're the Jenny Slouch Boot by Isabel Marant.  

I'm evidently onto a marmite spate in blogging as I am fully aware there are going to be a (large percentage of!) people out there who think these ming. 

Hold on to you hats (and your dinner)










Or in black (which isn't going to improve it any for some, of that I aware)







Now for those who haven't opened the link, they are a rather scary £360.  Which I will not be paying.  Even though I could easily pull the old "oh I've had these for ages" chestnut seeing as they look like they've been through the mill and back.  (well clearly I can't now as someone is bound to dob me in.  Darned blog) 

Seeing as designer boots these days are ten a penny on the high street in imitation form, I was sure I would be able to snag a pair for around 10 to 20% of the original price.  For something I loved, I may even be persuaded to pay more.  As I definitely have a flat boot hole in my wardrobe.  And seeing as Summer, let alone Spring, doesn't seem to be on the horizon any time soon, I would be getting a lot of wear out of them. 

Or maybe not.  Proverbial rocking horse poo.  I'm pretty sure I have looked at most websites (Happy Mother's Day to me - I could think of no better way to spend it than surrounded by my kids, one of whom had thrown up so we couldn't leave the house, dipping in and out of perusing boots) and nada.  Seriously zilch. 

For the Isabel Marant Dicker, the Ash Jalouse, the Acne Star, the Acne Pistol, the Chloe Susanna I can find homage after homage.  But for the poor little Jenny - absolutely no admirers whatsoever.  Which is an absolute bugger for me. 

Maybe I was being too fussy but truth be told I want pretty much exactly the above.  Which is really only a flat, weathered suede, slouch, cowboy boot with no discerning features (which is half of the battle!  Plain is not a concept that seems to be in fashion)

The only two that came close to being a maybe (and they're certainly not that close to the Jenny but as I couldn't find that, these came close to filling the Marant shaped hole) are these two. 

Ok so actually on reflection these are a better match than I had thought yesterday. (I think it was the dark heel that I found perturbing).  However it's completely redundant as obviously, they're sold out.  For £29.99 and leather, I'm not surprised.  So let's guess what my mission for this week is, shall we?  Especially as I could do them some damage in this weather which is clearly what they need to be perfect. 

Flat cowboy ankle boots from Zara




The other option which is more similar in some respects but definitely doesn't have the slouch which I'm after are the Rileys from H by Hudson.  And the heel is wrong.  Too cuban and needs to be straight. (I know, I know but after hours of boots swimming before my eyes, I became ever so slightly pedantic)  And there shouldn't be a zip.  However I do quite like the zip detail on both sides as a feature, ignoring the Jenny reference. 

But they're £160 which is way more than I had planned on spending, especially when I'm not sure how much I love them more than the £30 jobs from Zara. Hmmm.




So there we have my first ankle boot post of the Spring.  I should say that I love wearing ankle boots in slightly warmer weather (a redundant concept at this moment in time, clearly). They do seem to becoming more popular - someone somewhere has obviously cottoned onto the fact that we only have about a month in total in this country where it's warm enough to expose flesh to the elements.

I will be doing some more ankle boot posts but do the Jennys float your boat?  I'm going for probably not....  Would love to hear your thoughts.  And please please don't worry if you don't agree.  I absolutely love the fact that the comments I get from you guys are honest. (there is a difference between honest and rude and thank heavens the rude comments I get are very very few and far between) 

Finishing off with what I wore today.  I can't even bring myself to mention the weather.  Too hideous for words.  Am very slightly tempted to order above boots to cheer myself up...... (unfortunately it's not quite that bad - give me till tomorrow evening and we'll see how much worse it gets)

Glamourous I was not.  Warm I may have been.  I have the most boring yet practical outfit on today. (I appreciate Uggs are not the most appropriate snow boots but it wasn't actually that bad when I left the house for the school run at 2pm.  Then of course ensued blizzard conditions).  There may well be a repeat of it tomorrow.  In fact, it's so dull and it's been on so many times before, I can't even be bothered to credit what I'm wearing underneath. 


Untitled


Seen

Beige Kirsten Jeans - Topshop
Fur shawl collared Parka - South by Littlewoods
Missoni style scarf - Saindburys
Crocheted hat - Primark
Tall Chestnut Uggs - Uggs! 

And I need to go now and drink wine to warm up.  It may be Monday but when there is this much snow around, all rules of not drinking on the first day of the week are defunct. 



Share this:

CONVERSATION

44 comentarios:

  1. Oh I have been lusting after them too for the last while - I secretly hoped that Santa would have got the (very BIG) hint but alas not. Please keep up the search for a "homage" pair - I will be logging on regularly with bated breath! Less said about the weather the better - it's really not funny any mor.e

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking, I'm looking........ And that crappo Santa - sack him immediately!

      Delete
  2. II like the boots, but I'm not sure about the way they lift up at the front. Would this feel a bit odd? They are very you though and would look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure they do that when they're on your feet?

      Delete
  3. Teehee I love reading your posts!

    They remind me a little bit of a very albeit stylish, French Robin Hood-esque boot :-)

    Mind you not too dissimilar from these which I have a boot crush on ... http://www.wraplondon.co.uk/fashion-Z361-SMWAC-SMWAC4/sendra-boots/cutwork-boot.htm

    The Zara ones are actually my fave - shame they have sold out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very French, aren't they? I should just embrace my wannabe inner chic French person and buy them. The Wrap ones are cute but they're not the Marant ones... (ditto all others I've looked at)

      Delete
  4. Love them and they will love you too as you're so tall. Good luck on the hunt...will tweet if I spot anything similar! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I don't really like them.I never go for 'worn' or 'distressed' looking things though!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent weeks and weeks lusting after the Jenny boots(as a fellow ankle boot obsessive) and I too looked on ENDLESS websites absolutely sure that there must be a good imitation out there. Nope. In the end (we're talking weeks of deliberation, justification etc.), I decided that I would take the plunge and bought the grey ones. I have never spent so much on a single item of clothing (or anything at all, I think) and I spent a couple of weeks just looking at them in their box. I wore them for the first time on Saturday and completely love them. Am sure I'll get oodles of wear out of them too. Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not helping.......... (but am SO pleased to hear that I haven't missed any fab imitations. Well, you know what I mean. I'd love an identical pair at £40!)

      Delete
  7. I absolutely adore them. I have lusted after them for a long time and featured them on a post last summer but again the price is excruciating. I did buy the Zara ones in black though. And returned them. And then bought the tan ones. And then returned them. And now they're at a wonderful price of 29.99 but I'm still not sure. I want to see the real Jenny boots to get them out of my system (or not) because I want to know what makes them £380 worth of boot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup v good point. And interesting about the Zara ones not stacking up. They'd probably sit in my wardrobe and be a complete waste of £30.

      Delete
  8. Absolutely love them, casual, very stylish and they would slot in with your wardrobe perfectly. Loving your blog, you have true style abd wear the clothes amazingly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't sure I liked them until I saw them paired with the outfit. After that, I was sold. Not enough to actually buy them though. I mean, you're right, they're pretty steep! The others are really nice. I like the ones from Zara. Thanks for putting these on my radar! Totally feeding my inner shopaholic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zara boots a really nice. I even liked them more than the Jennys.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely hate them! All I'd need is a slouchy bobble hat & I'd look like I'm auditioning for a part as one of the dwarves in Snow White! Having said that, they'd probably look great on you! So ... pyjamas yesterday ... mad pixie boots today ... can't wait for tomorrow, lol!! Love the fur collar on your parka by the way. Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Landscape photos today especially for you...

      So yellow jeans. You like?!

      Delete
  12. Totally understand your boot obsession (generally I mean, not specifically the Jenny - looks a little too much like they might of got wet and dried funny, each to their own though!). Have you seen the Red or Dead Grace ii? More biker than cowboy but a similar vibe & a slightly less breathtaking £90!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely see where you're coming from but all you've made me do is want the Marants more! GARH!!!!!

      Delete
  13. No no no they are just sooooo wrong, remind me too much of pixie boots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore them - and because they are so unpopular they are always available on NAP - unlike the Dicker. The Zara boots are great too but I'd obviously go for the real thing that you will wear and wear to death and love every minute of. Investment shopping:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the boots. Look forward to you finding me an affordable and in stock alternative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.... that's going really well. Not!

      Delete
  16. Love love love them kat, Ive been eyeing them up for a while but was trying to forget them! So thanks for reminding me!! ;) I've been dipping into Hudson every so often in the hope that they have somethng similar, I very nearly ordered the Encke in beige,as I love the battered look, but like you I want the slouchyness of the Marants The hunt continues............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the same are they? When you're spending that much, i sort of think, would I rather have two pairs of ones that are ok or one pair of one perfect ones..... (isn't that the most woeful justification?)

      Delete
  17. http://www.thebohemianwardrobecompany.co.uk/noa-noa-women-women-footwear/product-detail-for-1-2379-1-in-crockery/noa-noa-women.html

    These Noa Noa slouch boots have a similar look, Kat. Selling fast though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that! They're a great alternative. But not in the colour I want. I may have caved if they were £40 but they're almost the same price (ok that's a crock of shit, they're not remotely the same price but when you're talking that expensive, in for a penny, in for a pound..!)

      Delete
  18. I can definitely see you in the boots, like the matchy pyjama wear from your previous post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not helping.....!!!!!!! (but thank you xx)

      Delete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Girls-8-16yrs-Shoes-Boots/Boots/99026/Girls-8-16yrs-Suede-Boots.html?NavGroupID=11

    try these...if you squint....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Just saw those earlier but my 8'yr old has her eye on them! They do look great and who knew they did such massive sizes in kids! I was spying to see if they had any boyf jeans but alas nay. Thank you though xxx

      Delete
  22. Hi Kat - one of my (several) sisters bought these boots last summer. I bought the definitely-not-so-expensive-but-very-similar Boden version which sadly they aren't doing this summer and aren't in the clearance dept of Boden either.... my sister was not happy - that's how similar they were.
    They look ok but not if I was standing next to someone who was more genetically blessed in the leg department. I'm happy with my shape but my calves wont' be seen in wet-look leggings anytime soon and the pale colour highlights this fact.
    They are REALLY useful though - I've worn them to death. For this reason I'd probably still get a cheaper pair than the Marants next time, as (sorry to be boring) though my sister didn't manage to drop baby food or vomit on them, thanks in part to her single girl-about-town life - hers did get start looking very grubby over the summer - there is a difference between worn-in and worn-out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So weird you should say that! A friend of mine has those same ones & I nearly launched myself on her last week when she had them on. They look amazing!! But no can't get hold of them & can't get hold of any others that are remotely the same. Pooooooo. I may be caving yet...

      Delete
  23. Loving all of the boots - but do you know the ones I'm lusting after? Your greige Zara cowboy heel boots - I've just had delivery of the tan equivalent but they're sooo pale, more of a beige really, and because they're suede, I think they'd last 2 hours before looking trashed. I would much prefer your darker greige pair. How are they holding up on stains etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so bad so far to be fair. I have sprayed them within an inch of their lives & I've been careful when I wear them. Don't expect them to last forever mind! The light ones are only £29.99 online aren't they? Mine were more than that in the sale! Go figure.

      Delete
  24. Hi Kat,
    First of all love reading your blog! Just catching up after a holiday and thought of replying to ur post. I picked up some similar boots from m&s in the Boxing Day sales in a tan colour. Not sure if they still do them but worth checking our?!
    Kets

    ReplyDelete