I decree it is officially ok...

.... to buy new boots. 

I have tried.  I have really really tried to not let this weather get me down, I've cracked on with the white and summer style jeans, I've ventured out scarfless - exposing my bare neck to the elements. 

Well.  Sod.  That.  When the weather forecaster earlier said that we could expect snow again next week (with a smile - seriously?  Is she off to Dubai for the week?)

I have about as much desire to purchase a pair of sandals as I do of flying to the moon.  Granted, were I to be jetting of to the sun any time soon, it may well be a different story but seeing as I shall be at Casa Tipping With Rain for the foreseeable future, sandals are not high on my must have list. 

I therefore proclaim it Boot Buying Week.  It's probably a good idea to buy them in a light colour, to give a nod to the seasons that may never be.  But let's face it - it's a purchase that you will get a lot of wear out of. 

And another huge plus is that they will give a new lease of life to clothes that you are beyond sick of wearing (or is that just me?).

This may or may not be a pathetically veiled attempt at justifying a new boot purchase chez moi.  I haven't caved.  There should of course be a "yet" at the end of that sentence.  But staying strong girls, staying strong.... 

However were I to not buy the Marant Jennys (I'm secretly clearly waiting for them to sell out and then I can be officially obsessed with them and go into meltdown mode. It has been known to happen.  More than I'd care to admit.....), then definitely a pair of light coloured western style ankle boots would be an excellent addition for the Spring.   Some of which are suede. Suede I hear you cry?  Is she insane? (yes but no but).   Yes suede.  Spray with waterproof gubbins within an inch of its life.  And don't wear when we have rain of biblical proportions.  But most suede ankle boots, especially those of the western variety which I'm a fan of, have a worn look to them anyway and certainly the odd spot of rain isn't going to ruin them. 

So let's go forth and shop.  Who needs new boots?

Firstly the classic - the Ash Spiral (which, from what I can make out, used to be the Jalouse.  I'm not sure I can see a huge difference.   They also bear a remarkable resemblance to the Isabel Marant Dicker.  Which I think may have come first......which obviously is worth the extra £200 that they cost.......)


Ash Camel Spiral in Suede from My Wardrobe £145 (I think there may be a money off Spring voucher if you google...) 










Ash Vision Spiral Suede from My Wardrobe

Am also a fan of the Office Untouchables in Taupe for £65



With a slightly higher heel, these are a steal from Zara at £29.99.  For leather boots, I think this has to be a mistake.  They are exactly the same style as my greige ones but are a slightly different fabric I think.  Mine were actually £39.99 i the sale though.  Excellent.  Not.  (however I am still loving my grey boots - super super useful and so difficult to get your hands on - hence a beige boot blog post.  Duh) 







These from Carvela are stunning and in the sale now at £70.  Scarily, scarily similar to the Acne Star boots..... love the colour.  Just perfect for the Spring.  


Also probably worth getting them in the black if you love them.  Excellent price and they are so like the originals, I'm amazed they get away with it. 

In for a penny, in for a pound, these scream yee ha, but there is definitely something about them that peaks my interest.   Rather reminiscent of a Jimmy Choo boot but great for adding interest to some plain jeans and a white tee in the Spring.  These would also look great with shorts and skirts.  

The Serena from Kurt Geiger now nearly half price at £79.




These I just love, even though they're not remotely on brief - a dark military green.  But so unusual.  Adore, despite them looking like they've been dug up with a corpse.  Luca Mode boots from Yoox.





Back slightly more on brief, another pair in leather from Mango.  Slightly less cuban, lower heel but with a bit of detailing still.  £99.



A Suede version similar to the one above from John Lewis. £95




Stunning but not cheap are the Sendra boots from Wrap London. 

The Vintage Ankle Boots.  £200






Or the Cutwork boot also from Wrap £199







Dune Picker Boot - slightly panto but I just think they're fab.  Now £59.  I genuinely think they do work for the Spring though - it's the distressed metallic that makes them great.  Definitely look a lot more expensive than the slightly less than £60 they are now. 










An old fave of many is the Melanie Jane in Suede from Clarks.  A great price and you at least know they're going to be comfortable and you can walk miles in them.  £59.99 - a more chestnut colour than most. 





Top of my list though (apart from the Wrap London ones which I think are just gorgeous) are these, again from Yoox.   A make called -ki which I will admit that I've never heard of.  But for £78 I can live with that.   



Also in a blue which, again, I am slightly salivating over.  Wrong but right.  And great for the Summer. 



Blue suede shoes anyone?  Boom boom. 

So there we have it - a brief round up of some that have caught my eye.  I haven't bought any yet, as I've dragged my Rockafellas out of the back of the drawer but I am still so so torn as to whether to sell a kidney and buy the Jennys........

Moving on though to what I've been wearing the last couple of days. 

Monday I wasn't actually v well.  Cold from hell, missed the gym and a lovely friend's birthday lunch but I felt rough rough rough for most of the day.  Perked up in the afternoon but still a very casual outfit from me. 

Untitled

Navy jumper - Dorothy Perkins
Navy, black and beige leopard print jeans - Whistles 
Tobacco drape front cardigan - Day Birger et Mikkelson
Camel Pashmina - Pure
Knee high boots - La Redoute
Gold link bracelet - Made from Whistles
Tan cuff - Mulberry
Gold orb snake necklace - Stella & Dot
Chestnut cross body bag - Campomaggi from Plumo

Felt a lot better on Tuesday.   A gratuitous boot shot as I'd forgotten how much I love these.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Wine and stone breton top - Massimo Dutti
Metallic dark grey jeans - 2nd Day
Madonna wedge trainers - Ash
Pegasus necklace - Stella & Dot
Leopard print scarf - Louis Vuitton
Razor cuff - McQ by McQueen
Buttermilk leather trench - Vintage from Greenwich Market
Black Faridah bag - Marc by Marc Jacobs
Sunglasses - Dior

RR2 age 6 took the photos today and liked the comedy moving one so I promised I'd put it in for him.......

Untitled
Untitled

Navy and white longline jersey top - Joules
Distressed biker jeans - By Malene Birger
Marigold double breasted cardigan - Goat Library
Tan Rockafellas - Russell & Bromley
Chestnut cross body bag - Campomaggi from Plumo
Navy jersey scarf - Zara

Am working on another cheeky item to purchase now that we can all wear post.  Not that anyone should need an excuse to shop........ New Boots anyone?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

33 comentarios:

  1. Yoox boots are fab (the green ones). Have you looked on Hush (www.hush-uk.com) recently? Really want the Vanessa trousers. Thoughts? Also - you don't have any snow on show this week, which must be an improvement? If it all gets too much move to the south-west. We haven't had any snow all winter. Probably shouldn't tell you that.... Sara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urgh, I have just actually used my eyes and seen they are made of rayon, bleugh. Love the shape - have you seen anything similar? S x

      Delete
    2. The hush trousers? I know people really rate them, I like rayon, washes really well! Other than that, is it the wide cuffed hem that you like? Only other place I've seen them like that is Toast, but I'm not sure they have a pair out this s/s. worth a look though.

      Delete
    3. Embarrassingly, I like the baggy gusset effect... I'll take a look at Toast, though was put off a bit after ordering this season's denim skirt. As soon as I tried it on a button fell off. Not good. I might just have to take a closer look at the Hush ones, too. Plus a leather bracelet may or may not creep into my bag. S x

      Delete
  2. I'm off to Dubai next week! It's going to be such a shock after this never ending winter :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my lord, you lucky lucky lucky duck. My bessie is off to Australia. I can only dream of sitting near the radiator and catching some rays..!

      Delete
  3. Kat, stop it ! I want a pair of grey/beige ankle boots now. Love all the boots you have suggested. Get well soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh saw a great pair today which I shall be blogging about tomorrow. LOVE them. And thank you - am just feeling so run down. Am shopping to make myself feel better. Good plan, no?!

      Delete
  4. Loving the blue boots - have been searching high and low for a pair - looked at the blue Clarks ones which you've featured in brown - but the on line reviews weren't flattering.
    Love the trench coat was going to charity bag my Gap one but you've now inspired me to keep it! Given out minus 10 for the North west tonight - think I'll need some new boots to sleep in....SallyC x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those blue boots are super cute, aren't they? And as you've saved money on recycling a coat, you should definitely get them. errr not like you're going to be buying sandals any time soon at that temp!!

      Delete
  5. I've just purchased a new pair of boots from TopShop that are a v similar style to the ones you've reviewed above, with our British 'summer' I'm sure I'll get loads of wear out of them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. There will be a week of high temps when you can crack out the havs, but the rest of the time, the boots will serve you well.

      Delete
  6. Loving the Office Untouchables (but those corpse ones? seriously?) And honest to God Kat, if I looked as well in my full health, as you do when you're feeling ill, I'd be a very happy bunny indeed! Glad to see your snow has gone ... it's almost strange now to see your photos without a white background, lol! Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you know me - it's my inner Grunge goddess that likes the tramp look!!! Yes, the snow has gone. To be replaced by more fecking fecking snow this weekend. Balls to it all. x

      Delete
  7. I'm on a different continent with the same issue and frankly I did the same thing. Actually, it was directly after I saw your last link to the DV Marce boots. I really like Dolce Vita for alternatives to the Marant-type counterparts and was already lusting after the Mango pair you linked to after seeing them on another blog. Occasionally I miss my boots at some point in July, so I'm trying to appreciate the last few weeks of them. Or something like that.

    What I think would really carry me through is a pair of Ash high tops. Unfortunately, or rather fortunately, I seem to only spend wantonly on boots.

    I like the Ash Madonna wedges...I just returned a studded Sam Edelman pair (Alexander) b/c I felt too...40ish in them. But I like the Ash pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I link to DV boots?? They're quite hard to get hold of here actually. But Ash hitops - now you're talking. Virgins or heeled Thelmas or Genials? I can honestly say they are so so worth the money and have converted many a client. Such a shame you can't get hold of the Madonnas anymore. They've never even done a pair similar to them. I literally get asked about 4 times whenever I wear them, where they're from and can they still get hold of them. And yes, BOOTS ROCK!

      Delete
    2. Apparently not!? on 3/15 though I clicked on the beckoning, highlighted simple words "ankle boots" in your post and it took me straight to a DV amazon link. It wasn't til I commented and saw links I didn't put in myself that I got a clue what the computer was up to. ;) Ah well, I love Dolce Vita so that was just consumerist shoe gods working through you...

      I rarely see Ash here though they are certainly in some stores. I will have to get my feet into some soon.

      Delete
  8. I actually did buy a pair of boots last week...driven by the very same thought process as you...rain, snow, rain, snow, more rain, more snow...
    This kind of weather certainly doesn't put me in the mood for any spring or summer wardrobe.
    Next on the agenda...buying more jumpers.

    P.S.
    As a side note (and I really hope not an impolite one)....would you consider switching off the capthca verification when people leave comments? The verification can be rather hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh gosh I'm so so so sorry and thank you so much for the comment as I know it's a pain in the behind. Problem is I am having such an issue with spam comments - some which do appear but I will get 100 emails a day and it was just becoming impossible to manage. I may take it off and see what happens. Thank you so much for commenting regardless though (and you can normally change the verification to another set if it's hard to read - I do agree sometimes they can be impossible!)

      Delete
  9. I recently bought the Hudson Harrigan boots (from Baukjen site).

    http://www.isabellaoliver.com/baukjen/us/600/shoes/FT806.html

    Can't tell you how much I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love them. Had them on a blog feature last year and they always go down really well. Beautiful boots. Go with everything!

      Delete
  10. Some nice boots there (I like the "corpse" ones!) but none as nice as the Jennys. What I like about them is the fact they are straight along the top (v fussy I know) and ever so slightly longer - you're just going to have to bite the bullet and order them!
    Love the Goat cardi/jacket - perfect for Spring, if it ever arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have taken your advice.... but sssssshhhhhhhhh. I'm hoping they'll be hideous when they arrive. Truly vile. Ghastly.

      Delete
  11. Hi Great post, are the Zara ones still availiable do you know? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! They were available online yesterday. Just click the link and it should take you to them. x

      Delete
  12. Stop it - you're making me wobble about the beige Zara boots - they're currently upstairs boxed up and about to go back to Zara but now I'm thinking - waterproof spray, waterproof spray? But I live in Manchester so it's always raining so they MUST go back even though they are a complete steal. Love the Sendra ones and also the blue ones - although have just bought a tote bag that colour so that would be overkill?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly wouldn't do blue bag and blue boots...... Think you should have one or t'other. HAve a cheaper option for the sendras tomorrow. Watch this space. The Zara ones ROCK though....

      Delete
  13. Love the Kurt Geiger ones! Nothing like a bit of fringe to cheer up a dull day lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they? Love the stud detail too. x

      Delete
  14. Once again on your good authority I have purchased not one but two pairs of boots today!! I am so over pretending it's going to be Spring anytime soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. l know. Tis pathetic isn't it. This year I am going to officially (ish) record how many hot days we get. And then spend a fortune on stunning boots to make up for it! Which ones did you get?

      Delete
    2. Got lucky in Zara today as they had a pair of the flat suede cowboy boots you included in your Marant 'Jenny's post!! Can you Adam & Eve it....out of the 2 pairs left one was actually in my size!! Love it when a plan comes together!! Also bought via Le bay of the E as you say a pair of Topshop leopard print Mace (flatties again!!).....well leopard print being a neutral and all that!! Filled another couple of gaping holes in the wardrobe!! Girl did good me-thinks??!!

      Delete
  15. Oh kat I love the yellow jacket!

    www.tryingyummymummy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete