I know it's warm but....

...it's officially that time of year when it all goes a bit wrong.  It's warm yes, it's very warm.  But it's the UK for heaven's sake and it only takes an hour for it suddenly to be that little bit too chilly not to have some sort of jacket thingymajig.  Which is clearly a total fashionista term. Not. 


By thingymajig, I mean light coverup, cardigan, err jacket thingymajig.  A thingy version of a cardi.  Something to put over a tee (the elusive tee that is - more of that to come next week hopefully, I am on a mission), with jeans, even something that you can throw in a bag to have for when the sun goes in and the temperature plummets by 10 degrees.  Or you go shopping, for lunch, to the supermarket and get annihilated by the monster aircon that everyone seems to have installed.  Which is fabulously useful on those three days a year when the temperature nudges 30 degrees - the rest of the time, it's just the wrong side of chilly.

Great thing about these is that they totally serve the purpose for warm days over a lightweight tee or vest, are infinitely useful on holiday to wear out in the evenings/late afternoons but also work so well on those cooler days over shirts, longsleeved tees and just throw a scarf on as well to make it work in chillier temps. 

Starting off the show with my recent delivery from Hush.  I've had my eye on this since I saw it months ago and think that it will be perfect for my trip to Ireland in a couple of weeks.  I had no idea whether to get the blue or pink - ok so that's a lie, I was instantly drawn to the blue but thought I might branch out of my comfort zone in the pink.  This will be a regular staple in my wardrobe - more than a hint of Chanel about it and certainly would look great over a maxi or denim dress but is perfect for giving those old jeans/shorts and tee an extra lease of life.

I've put it on today over my outfit to try - the 9 year old says she prefers the blue.  Which one is better? "Both" is not an option! 





And here they are on me. 


I






Now I LOVE this but it's much more of a cardigan than a jacket to be fair but since this is the the whatever goes in the light jacket sense of stuff, I'm throwing it in here.   Haven't seen it instore and that would be as it's exclusively online. 





A navy bargain from M&S 








Biker style asymmetric fastening from Ted Baker with gorgeous silk print on the back. 





More biker style from Mint Velvet (love this - really do.  A very good friend of mine has it and wears it as both a top done up or as a jacket.  Super useful) 






Another cardigan style which is still very popular is the drape front jacket style.






Back to drape front and Mango have some gorgeous lightweight ones. 













Another short drape front version from Boss Orange 











The conclusion is that we essentially are talking about a cardi.  But the modern day version of it.  Super useful pretty much all year round. 

Finishing with my two outfits of the day and I'm about to go and get changed again to go out for drinks and dinner with the girls.  I have recovered and normal service is being resumed. 

First thing this morning for drop off, coffee with a friend and then a blow dry (spot the difference in the before and after photographs.  Honestly I cannot recommend my hairdresser Daniel Jordan and his team in Sevenoaks highly enough - if you are ever in the area do do do go and see them.  Actually I think they're worth travelling from London for) 

Reason for dress is essentially as I put fake tan on and was tacky.  Needed something loose.  No other reason.  Rather overdressed for the school run - I did have about 8 people asking me if I was going somewhere!   The beauty of a £25 polyester dress (that does, to be fair, get exceptionally sweaty and clingy when it is super super hot) 


image

Dress - Dorothy Perkins
Rose Gold Havaianas 
Denim jacket - Tu by Sainsburys
Tan bag - Prada 

Swift clothes change for lunch out for a lovely friend's 40th Birthday. 

Untitled Untitled


Cream silk blouse - Zara
Kick Flare jeans - Stella McCartney
Stone necklace - Anthropologie
Scarf print silk jacket - Zara
Fretwork wedges in tan - Sam Edelman
Tan bag - Prada

And finishing with her cake which is THE best birthday cake I've ever seen!

image

Here's hoping my fake tan that I applied in a blur this morning at the crack of dawn is ok on my legs as I'm planning on wearing a dress this evening......And which do I go for - pink or blue Hush Cardigan, it's over to you.....!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

34 comentarios:

  1. Pink. The colour looks lovely on you and compliments your gorgeous flowing locks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink! It's lush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, pink definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel the need to speak up for the blue! Which maybe hasn't photographed as well as the pink, but which I know to be lovely in real life as I own one and am finding it very useful. Personally not sure I'd get as much wear out of the pink, though it does look lovely on you too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely pink, brings out the varying tones in your hair a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another vote for the pink! I have similar colouring to you and also bought both to try and yes, the blue was definitely more in my 'comfort zone' but on a whim decided on the pink and am so glad I did! I love it and have had lots of lovely compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. Pink looks lovely on you. Just my humble. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. PINK! Although H is clearly right in her thinking, as the blue is lovely ... but I think you already have a lot of blue, so pink would make a nice change. (And apparently a change is as good as a rest, they say!) Also the pink looks lovely on you! But enough about that ... OMG, I'm loving that leopard print cardi from Mango. I feel it may have to be mine. TIcks every box on my extensive list so thank you for including it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought my answer would be blue, but actually the pink is stunning on you. I'm falling more and more in love with your little treat from Bicester every time I see it. Wondering if it's worth a trip there from Dublin...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely the blue - looks lovely with the jeans ---
    which incidentally I ordered (on your recommendation) on 27 April and Hush have only delivered to me today 16 May! - no explanation for the delay until I phoned them... and the jean pocket is faulty so they've had to be returned for an exchange :-( Fed up! Is it only me who seems to get sent faulty clothing bought online???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep the blue - pink cardis like this just remind me of bed-jackets...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Has to be blue for me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pink as it is a warm colour and brings out the warmth in your hair and skin tone.
    Estelle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought the blue... Until I scrolled and saw the pink! Wow! Both are lovely on you, but pink looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. mulberry mum of threeFriday, 16 May, 2014

    Has to be the blue, looking very much like Mrs Beckham in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the pink and wear it constantly. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Surprised no one has commented on the cake - it's fabulous!
    PS I prefer the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kat, definitely blue.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. The pink looks great in the photos but if it were me I'd go for the blue

    ReplyDelete
  20. Had to comment as I have it in the pink and it's been on the blog a few times! So, defo the pink, was just a bit more of an interesting contrast with jeans I thought?!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Go blue but I like the pink more than I thought I would. What size did you get??

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm really not sure about the cardigans themselves. Don't think they are a buyer really. But if you must, objectively I prefer the blue, but on you, I think the pink was better. Pink is a bit limiting though which brings me back to my "don't buy them" thought!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Siding with child here and saying BOTH :-)
    Jeans look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Never seen these before but I LOVE them!! Would usually say blue, but I think the pink looks fab on you and love the contrast with the jeans. As long as the rest of the outfit is fairly neutral I think the pink will actually be really versatile. Now just need to stop myself from buying it too! It's my birthday next week, so what better excuse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Blue ... I also have it (from your previous blog post) and love it, these cardigan/jacket crossovers work really well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I prefer the pink cardi, looks fab. And the outfit you wore out to the birthday lunch is the most fabulous outfit I have seen on you in a while, you look awesome. I want that top & necklace & figure! Well wear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just PERFECT with the jeans - I love the pink - lovely and bright! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the pink ( you have something similar in blue!!) I think you look stunning in the kick flares and the Prada is divine. H xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would of said the blue but seeing them on you the pink is defo more your colour! Love you in the flares! Your friends cake is so special & hope she had a wonderful Birthday! Glad you're feeling better! xx

    ReplyDelete