The sandals saga comes to an end.

After a trial of epic proportions, we have finally come to the end of the search for the summer sandals.  Just in time for me to come away on hols to a place where, to say I am not needing of said items of footwear, is a slight understatement. 

However, were I not to make a decision a) it would be Autumn before we knew it and b) as soon as the temp nudged above 18 degrees, they'd all be sold out. 

So I've stuck my neck out and I've made my decision.  I posted a pic of my final two options on Twitter and Instagram and firstly a huge thank you for everyone who gave their opinion. 

I ordered a plethora (well, two pairs to be precise...three if you count different sizes) of Birkenstock Arizonas.  And they just didn't work.  They look beyond cool on other people.  They really do - I am in total admiration. 

On me?  They just looked ever so slightly wrong.  Wrong as in I was wearing them for comfort reasons instead of fashion ones.  As in, I was just missing a fleece.

And, dare I say it, they weren't actually that comfy.  I know, I know, I'm sure I was doing something wrong but suffice to say, there were others that I had ordered "just in case" that I much preferred. 

Here are the final three that the choice came down to:-


image




ASOS Far Out Man Leather Sliders £30





The same in black with a red sole lining for £30 again


And these from Zara 69.95 Euro (I think they were £59.99)




Now I won't lie, the ASOS ones did inch ahead in the winning stakes with the most votes.  But honestly, in the flesh, I prefer the oversized buckle of the Zara ones.  There was something about them that works on my feet (in my humble opinion of course).  Being tall, I felt if I was going to commit to the Fugly Sandal, I needed to go for it hammer and tong.  Then there was the red lining which, seeing as I don't really do red, I felt was slightly limiting (and by this point, I was looking for excuses to pick the others)  Gut feel said the Zara's and that's what I've packed in my suitcase. 

And and and I may actually get to wear them tomorrow when, it's due to be 18 degrees here. GASP. *does small skip*.  You see me, Kimye, One D and Peter Kay (who we ran into at soft play in Limerick today - oh yes, all the best people) have brought the sunshine with us to Ireland. 

The following sliders all were close runners up. 

ASOS Fold Up Slippers £28  These were a definite option but I was in my "in for a penny, in for a pound" mode...




Bertie Jackie Leather Cross Strap Sandal £65  These are amongst my favourites but with my ridiculous skeletor toes, this style just doesn't work for me.  However I totally love the modern slider look with the vintage vibe of the crackled, aged leather.  
Or in White £65  And in fact, I love them so much, I may may may just have to order this to prove that my toes do look like ET wanting to go home.




Aldo Bone Parramore Footbed Flat Sandals £65  I've ordered this as a tan coloured pair and they do go perfectly with my bag and I do need a lighter pair of sandals.  However I'm not sure about the strap round the back of the ankle. They're at home waiting for my decision. 


So you can all breathe a sigh of relief that this will be the last post on sandals.  Well.  Maybe.... 

Has everyone else purchased theirs for the Summer?  And have you worn them yet?

Perhaps I'll be wearing them tomorrow.  Here is my outfit from today.  And yes, it didn't rain, there was even a blue sky and it was bright.  Sunglasses were actually warranted. 

Untitled 


  
Off white linen tee - Max Studio

Bat sweatshirt - Zoe Karssen
Triple Zip black jeans - Mint Velvet
Black ponyskin sliders - Next

And this is from yesterday.  Lovely day mooching around at home and then a Sunday afternoon in the pub with the kids playing cards.  Beggar my neighbour - for hours.  Totally hilarious and took me back to being a kid.  


Untitled

Horsing Around sweatshirt - J.Crew
Distressed straight leg jeans turned up - Zara
Cheetah Print ponyskin skater shoes - Next
Trench coat - Banana Republic
Tan bag - Prada

Tomorrow who knows what the day will bring but we are loving it here.  I slept for eleven hours straight last night.  Enough said. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

17 comentarios:

  1. Having suddenly decided I love these sliders that you are pictured in - I now can't find them anywhere on the Next website - could you give me a pointer as what they're called on their website?

    I've tried to search your blog and can't find them on here either - I'm obviously having a moment.

    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean her skate shoes she is wearing they have limited sizes left in the clearance section x

      Delete
    2. Yes, they're skate shoes from Next in their Clearance Section - search under Casual Shoes..... Hope that helps xx

      Delete
    3. Great, thanks so much for your help - both of you.

      Delete
  2. Went for the Arizonas in navy from j crew in New York, worn every day since I got them, wasn't too sure about them at first but they've really grown on me. Love yours with the oversize buckle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably would grow on me but the white especially made me looked like I worked in an old people's home... Hopefully these would work. x

      Delete
  3. I got and kept the Zara ones and really wish I hadn't- or had at least for the hundred bucks gone with a nice, shiny version of the Birks on J. Crew. Or, just stuck with a black strappy one from Madewell.

    I feel the same way about them- cute in the catalog and all over every fashion blogger, but nothing special on me. They get this odd marking on the side from walking, like they will crack eventually, and I got a blister from walking around the zoo for a couple of hours in them. Granted, it was a fair amount of walking, but nothing my other sandals haven't handled.

    Think my Zara love affair is short lived. Everything from there either falls apart or is uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no that's awful to hear - well if it does happen I'll have no qualms about taking them back - Zara are really good here at accepting things fall apart!! Some of their stuff is totally pants for sure. But I have to say that some of their stuff is absolutely amazing. Still love my sandals from there last year which I wore and wore and wore to death. Will try these and hope they don't rub today. I'll go armed with plasters!!

      Delete
  4. 8 hours straight - beyond jealous! Thank God I'm not the only one re Birkenstocks - I look like I have two flippers on the end of my legs! Love your alternatives, can't wait to see them on. Your Next pumps - are they current - I love them and can't find in store nor online! Have a fantastic break, sounds like you are having better weather than us, cold & rainy here x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't 8, it was ELEVEN!!! Honestly I felt like a new woman yesterday - I had patience in spades. Yes, the Birkies looked ruubish. Totally crap. Next Skater shoes - look on Clearance section under Casual shoes. Hope that helps love xxx

      Delete
    2. Now you're just showing off! I need that feeling, I so need it! Found & ordered - thank you soooo much. Only a 3 left, so praying they fit or else I may need to chop off the big toe on the larger sized foot.....!x

      Delete
  5. You chose well, I love the Zara ones. I went for Birkos as I managed to find ones for thin feet on Amazon for half price and they look better on my ridiculously long skinny feet! May the sunshine last for you...fab bumping into Peter Kay! Keep an eye out for Kimye xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am GUTTED not to run into Kimye today but have high hopes for seeing them at the bowling tomorrow. Yes, the birkies just didn't work but I am rather loving the Zara ones, thank you chicken xxx

      Delete
  6. I have some white Birks ( and I do look a bit of a one in them ) but, I confess, I have only worn them around the house so far. H x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've got them - just wear them out with pride.... I think confidence has a lot to do with it - I couldn't own them enough. xx

      Delete
  7. I've just seen a fab double strapped pair in Next that I'm about to order for £20! Fuglies on a budget! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I'll go and have a look - do they do them in tan? Are they real birkie copies?....

      Delete