So I see you your J.Crew & raise you...

...good old M&S.  No I haven't been drinking (ok so maybe a smidge of red wine) and no, I clearly have not been approached by M&S with some fabulous sponsorship/review deal (I fear I am far too rude about their website for them to care.  

But my love for our stalwart of the British High Street continues and I feel it is my duty to share more of some totally fabulous things that I can't justify buying. 

And, and and and (or should I say but but but....), I have been sent a 20% off voucher which I am going to share (not sure I should, but, like I said, I'm not remotely on M&S's radar so go forth and shop with the discount)

Code is MAY14EM for 20% off clothes, accessories etc and can be used multiple times.  Oh and it says Family and Friends and I'm sure you lot come under the heading "friends"!  All the prices listed here are without the 20% off.  From today the 22nd till the 26th May.

I haven't been into Marks for a while actually and I went into today with a lovely friend, hunting for the black and white striped Autograph Dress which she bought.  However whilst I am on the look out (still!) for a striped dress (I've to report back on that actually and will do in the next couple of days), my head was totally turned by a myriad of other things, starting with a couple of beauties that had more than a whiff of the J.Crews about them.  (I would say I'm not obsessed with them but alas, I am)

This sweatshirt - doesn't look anything in either of the pics here to be fair, but it is gorgeous.  A slight neoprene feel to it. 

Floral Sweatshirt £39.50





To complete the J.Crew look, there is a matching skirt.  Oh yes.  In different lengths and everything.  Fab fabric - stretch, non crease, just gorgeous.  Wear as an outfit or wear separately.  Total double bubble in an outfit - my fave thing. 

Wisteria Pencil Skirt £45





image image


Now yesterday I posted a print dress - well.  It seems that M&S have also been taking some leaves out of the J.Crew almanac as they have pretty much the identical dress, admittedly in a different print. 

Cotton Rich Oriental Floral Dress £45




image



Before we move on to other things that caught my eye - I have to include this as it's obviously not just J.Crew that M&S have been hawking.  Can we expect more All Saints tributes?  Check this out.  (but do not look at the styling - the dress is where the comparison to AS starts and ends.. think outside the box peeps if you do go and have a look.  It's not pretty...) 

Pure Silk Abstract Print Shift Dress £89 




Now moving onto other gems in the M&S wardrobe - they had some truly fabulous tops. 

This is a different way of wearing stripes - the best drapey jersey ever. 

Striped Jersey Top £22.50




image


The other amazing striped top in, again, great drapey jersey, was this black and white one. 

Striped Boxy T-shirt £25





image



A Jacquard Shell top in yellow - same price as a tee but would work so much harder.  Could be worn out for dinner, for work, over jeans with flat sandals for the school run - hell, put it with a smart pencil skirt and some fab accessories and you could wear it to a wedding.  

Jacquard Shell top £25


 
I do have in the pipleline, a linen tee thread (all will be revealed) but I will just throw you a tiny starter with this which is just perfect for that elusive "tee" hole in the wardrobe.  Linen back with a silky front.  Beats the hell out of a normal tee for sure. 

Linen Back Top £25



And for the first time EVER, I have seen something online with such a great photo that I am actually going to hunt it down.  The fact I know I can't do a waisted skirt and would need it to sit lower on me is neither here nor there, I am that impressed with the pic.  (and maybe the shoes as well.... *checks to see how much wine I've actually drunk*)

Lace Skirt £99




I also found this skirt online which I didn't see in store - slightly confused though as it says it's black.  Looks silver in these pics to me.. Is exactly the shape I want though for day wear - a vaguely tempted to order and see what turns up! 

Leather A-Line Skirt M&S £149 in black?!



But finishing with my total "am desperately trying to justify buying it and am ridiculously pleased that I didn't buy the Hobbs one" love, is this coat from Autograph.  Interestingly, in some of the photos online it looks like it had a round collar but I'm 99% sure that the collar is actually stitched down as in the pic below (maybe you can unstitch it - it may just be tacked down but it's part of the reason I loved it - created a much more unusual look) 

This was divine. Unbelievable luxury - the feel of it, you would honestly think it was £300 plus worth of coat. 

Duster Overcoat with Cashmere £169 in Wedgewood



Not sure (in fact I know) I wouldn't wear it with this outfit - slightly too heavy I think (the outfit for the coat) but I would die trying to make this work.  Absolutely IN LOVE.


image

And here is the outfit for today.  The soaring temps of earlier in the week, truly feel like a distant memory. 

image

Paisley blouse - Zara
Navy boucle jacket - Zara
Saxy Boyfriend jeans - ASOS 
Navy Newbury boots - Rag & Bone
Tan bag - Prada
Sierra Necklace - Stella & Dot.

I'll be back tomorrow - I have another ringer of a store to bring you in the next couple of days along with the exciting news that I think I may have finally cracked the Fugly Sandal challenge.  Just in time for it pour with rain for the next week.

I am also in the midst of packing so of course will be bringing you my best tips for packing for a week.  With no packing space.... The ultimate in the capsule wardrobe. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

28 comentarios:

  1. The code is supposed to go viral - share all you like x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! I figured it was as I don't have any account or anything with them - I was assuming it was a generic marketing email they sent me. xx

      Delete
    2. I got the same code and the last thing I ordered was school uniform this time last year!

      Delete
  2. Blue coat and the lace skirt are gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'd ever know they were M&S, would you?! X

      Delete
  3. I went into M&S last week and ended up buying 5 tops, a cardi and jeans. I usually struggle to find one thing I like there but everything I tried on I loved. Very impressed!
    Estelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to hunt for it and ignore the fact that a 60 year old may be trying on the same thing as they do have some total gems! The average age in Autograph yesterday was easily 60 plus! x

      Delete
  4. Whoa! Out of interest I checked on the Irish M&S website to see what colour they called the leather skirt (nude incidentally!) to discover they're charging €270 for it here. That is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!! (But loving the sweatshirt and tee shirts you chose) But bloody hell ... that's some mark up on the currency conversion. Robbers! The actual conversion should be in the region of €180. Disgusted in Dublin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That "black" one that actually looks silver? WHOA that is a joke. I am planning on buying diddly squat when I'm over - actually Penneys is the one good bet - a decent exchange rate but all the British shops totally take the proverbial when it comes to converting pounds to euro. I can always send you anything you do want love?! xx

      Delete
    2. Order from the UK site and use Parcel Motel to get around this. That's what I do and if they ever try to put a stop to it I just won't buy anything from them anymore. They are all at it, some of the high street shops are a disgrace...Topshop and Monsoon i mean you.

      Delete
    3. I'm disgusted in Dublin too! I'm going to do the parcel motel thing - although I did try it with H&M and they won't sent to anything other than residential addresses - but so far M&S aren't that mean, thankfully..

      Delete
  5. Love that Wedgewood coat! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it's a thing of total beauty. My one reticence is that it probably get so so dirty. But GOD it's gorgeous!

      Delete
  6. Not sure about the blue coat. It's a bit NHS blue for me. Maybe in a smaller dose like a tshirt it would be okay?

    I will check out their pencil skirts though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOOOOOO don't say that! Although yes, you do have a point. I was concerned it was *slightly* dressing gown ish but now you've mentioned NHS.....

      Delete
  7. Sigh! I love everything, they're pulling all the stops out at the moment aren't they x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love that midi lace skirt but looks like it could be quite unflattering - an awful lot of material that could bunch in the wrong places! The grey peep toes in the same pic, I also loved, ordered but promptly sent back as they weighed a ton! I'm not kidding, it was an effort to move my feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see I know that it would look like a pile of pap on me as I've been there, done that, got the video. But I think on the right person it would be too too amazing. TOO funny about the shoes. x

      Delete
  9. I have just ordered the floral sweatshirt in an effort to start introducing more colour into my wardrobe- thanks for code:))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome - it really is gorgeous x

      Delete
  10. I love the skirt!!! Have ordered it after seeing it at the press day. Let's see which colour turns up! Looking forward to seeing your fugly shoe !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lace one? That is so so SO you - oh my god will look amazing on you. Could be D&G couldn't it? Am toying with keeping the white leather Wallis skirt & shortening is as the 12 is slightly too long. Or hanging out for the silver M&S one.. Think I might get the black one to see the fit. OR did you mean the leather skirt....?!

      Delete
  11. Love the silk print dress - any ideas on styling? X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the shade of blue on the coat. Great outfit pic, I want your navy rag & bone boots--drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have my eye on that leather skirt for sure. Have to say I loved the colour of the coat but now someone has mentioned NHS blue....... Breton Dress hunt for tallies, going back. I'll report back (have found a great one actually but it's TOO SHORT!) PErfect for normal people.... (the Vila one from ASOS on the Breton dress blog. GORGEOUS)

    ReplyDelete