My must have evening accessory

It's my favourite shoe.  The good old heeled gladiator sandal.  I've had a pair of these for five years and I still love them.  So much so that last year (if anyone recalls), I may have made a rather drastic three hour round trip to Bicester, less than 24 hours after I'd just been, to pick up a pair of Burberry gladiator sandals along with a dress that I had got home and totally regretted not buying the day previously.

And just to prove that it wasn't as crazy a trip as it might have seemed at the time, I wore them non stop last Summer. I was also over the moon to see that they still have them in Burberry for this season too.  


image


I wore them for the first time this Spring last night - they were the perfect shoes to go with my jumpsuit.  
They also look great with jeans of all variety, printed trousers, capri pants, skirts and culottes. I'd draw the line at shorts personally.  And I think they're the perfect shoes to go with dresses for nights out in the Summer.  I've realised that I actually have a fair few parties and occasions coming up in the next couple of months which means I may may may have a pretty good excuse to go dress shopping.  But one thing I definitely do not need is a new pair of sandals - yes you read that correctly,  I do not need any new sandals (note - I did say sandals and not shoes..... I still have my heart set on gold courts.  Probably the Karen Millen ones.  Just waiting for a discount code - surely House of Fraser must be due for one of their offer days soon?) 

So in the meantime, I've had a look and randomly I can't find the Burberry Aviator Seftons online at all and, to be fair, they are ridiculously overpriced.  I can't remember what I paid at Bicester but it was A Lot.  

However, fear not, there are some great ones that I've come across so you don't have to spend the small fortune I did on getting some great shoes that will last you all Spring/Summer and probably into next year as well.  

The obvious choice and what I would consider to be a safe entry level shoe into the gladiator arena are the Leather Cage Sandals from M&S at £55

Whilst I was looking the other week, some of the best I found were in Nine West. 

Kurrious from Nine West in black £135 I will say I'd prefer it with a black heel. 


I love these which give a similar look but with more of a biker vibe and no buckles.  These would be my favourite.  (I really really REALLY love these.)

Kristilee Sandals from Nine West £125



Some excellent options from Mint Velvet. 

Black Lola Leather Strappy Sandals £99




I also love the neutral shade they have which would work so so well with the lighter Spring/Summer shades. 

Neutral Lola Leather Strappy Sandals £99





If you'd like some gold detail on your shoes and a good high heel, then these from Aldo might work. 

Aldo Radville Metal Detail Caged Heeled Sandals £70

Lace up cage style at Nine West.

Kenie sandals £135




Doesn't have to be black though - make a statement in colour. 

Miss KG Elvie Strappy Heeled Sandals £75

White Gina Strappy Sandals from Mint Velvet £99




And a simple version in black and white.  I love these.


Staying with the more minimal Gladiator look, I think these look a lot more expensive than their price tag.  I appreciate we're testing the boundaries of the theme with these ones but they are such a bargain and there are very few block heeled gladiator nod sandals that look ok. 



They also do them in a black and white £24.99


Whilst we're pushing the boundaries, I must include these gold sandals from Dune.  So so useful - will go with everything.  

Dune Black Hattie Gold Metallic Sandals £129



Also available in black £129


So are you a gladiator (or at the very least, strappy) sandal fan?  If not, what sort of shoes do you wear in the Summer with dresses?  And whilst we're on the subject - boy am I looking forward to now having total justification for at least one new dress.  Off I go to start the research now.  And thank you for all your comments about the Mango orders - I've checked with my account and apparently it's "being prepared".... 

Here are the outfit pics from Friday and Saturday.  Loving this better weather.  As you can see I haven't "quite" embraced full on Summer footwear yet.  


Untitled

Bib Collar - Cos
Lilac Jumper - ASOS Men's
Indigo Baxters - TopShop
Delphine flats - NW3 by Hobbs
Leopard print Coat - Fenn Wright Manson
Black Diego bag - Alexander Wang

Yesterday for a girlie lunch in the sunshine at the bestie's house with a group of friends.  Total bliss. 


Untitled

Wine Breton top - Massimo Dutti
Quilted print biker jacket - Zara
Faded distressed straight leg jeans rolled up - Zara
Mole suede boots - Zara
Stone Maxi Zip satchel - Anya Hindmarch 

And out on Friday night - I did go with heels in the end - just didn't feel quite right in flats.  Pathetic I know.  Lovely meal which ended with the bottle of limoncello on the table at our new local Italian restaurant with friends.  We will be back again and again and again.  Amazing food. 


Untitled

Cobalt blue shirt - Zara
Indigo Baxters - TopShop
Midnight boucle jacket - Zara
Black asymmetric suede court shoes - Zara
Charm Dynamite necklace - Marc by Marc Jacobs
Tan De Manta clutch - Alexander McQueen

And again out last night for a 70's dinner party - a nod to the era with my jumpsuit.  Great fun although this morning I'm not sure the 3am finish was the best idea we've ever had....


Untitled

Black jumpsuit - Taylor Stephens
Black caged gladiator sandals- Burberry
Gold Sierra necklace - Stella & Dot
Gold & Diamante cuff - Taylor Stephens
Tan De Manta clutch - Alexander McQueen

New dress, here I come. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

17 comentarios:

  1. Mmmmm, the Nine West bikerish sandals are calling my name! LOVE the McQueen clutch, major bag envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those - would definitely get them if I didn't have the others. I think they look so expensive. And thank you - have to say I love that bag so so much. 3 years old & still my fave. x

      Delete
  2. Love the gladiator shoes. remember my first pair back in 1994! wish i still had them as they wouldn't look out of place 20 years later. Going back to your previous post on knitting lentils and birkies, i have seen recent photos of Cheryl Cole in a £595 pair by Givenchy, they looked good but and the only thing that sprang to mind was cankles so i now know there is no way i could pull them off so gladiators will be my summer choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is that risk with any flat shoe - I'll have to go and have a trying on session!

      Delete
  3. Love the Mint Velvet neutrals, but am wondering if anyone knows anything about the fit of Mint Velvet shoes? I'm a 7.5 with a really narrow fit so not sure whether I'd need a 7 or an 8, and none of the Mint Velvet concessions near me keep shoes so I'd have to order online...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say they were on the true side too but yes, they should be able to advise instore. The other alternative is to get them from John Lewis? If you have a WAitrose you can click and collect and can return to the Waitrose store. xx

      Delete
    2. The 7 is generous and they are super comfortable

      Delete
  4. The Delphine's really are coming into their own, that's for sure. Planning on wearing them again today - yawn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i love your outfits, is the Zara jacket the current season one that they have on the site please?
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not, I'm so sorry, it's from last year. x

      Delete
    2. Thankyou, ordered the new one and I love it, came with a few loose threads that i had to trim off Grrr Zara quality X

      Delete
  6. ADORE the jumpsuit - totally rocking it girlfriend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - not bad considering it was about £30!

      Delete
  7. Just ordered the Delphines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love them as much as I do!

      Delete
  8. Your 70's inspired jumpsuit outfit is perfection. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The black Nine West ones are just stunning! I got a great pair in the NL sale last year but would love a leather pair! You are smoking in all of these outfits! Just gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete