Since Summer seems to have taken a hiatus.....


.....I'm throwing on the scarves.  And whilst we should all be thinking about Sales Investment purchases, these are up there with "excellent buys". 

I love a scarf even though I may not have been wearing as many as I used to (the advent of the shirt in my life has meant my neck has had adequate coverage) that doesn't stop me having a huge soft spot for them. 

As someone mentioned the other day in one of their comments - the sales are a great time to buy those things that would normally be out of your reach and good quality scarves are an ideal purchase. 

They last for years, they don't go out of fashion and they can make transform outfits.  They give much more versatility to items in your wardrobe - giving them new leases of life. 

So a warning first off - these aren't cheap.  They're reduced and personally to me they are a great investment.  There are of course some that will think these are a total waste of money but a good quality scarf, I honestly think can make all the difference to an outfit - just like a pair of good shoes, jewellery or a bag.  Each to their own though but if you do have a birthday coming up or even want to stash up for Christmas, these are all worth considering.  


Amedea Scarf now £27 was £55 from Weekend Maxmara.  I bought this for a friend for her birthday and it is honestly sublime.  Plus it comes in the most amazing box from Matches (ok so now we're totally scraping the barrel of shallow - hands up) 






They also do it in an amazing dark blue shade.  Again was £55 now £27 from Weekend Maxmara


The wonders continue at Matches with the DVF crew.  Gorgeous scarves - a little bit of designer which will last you for years.  Cost per wear, you will be amazed at the value of these, I promise. (admittedly you do have to be a scarf person and actually love wearing them otherwise, yes, these are total waste of money!) 

Hanover Link Leopard Scarf was £117 now £70.  Love this with black or navy for the winter. 







The Scarf version of my dress - Spring Kenley Scarf was £145 now £95  Would it be wrong to get both?  As someone said on Saturday when I was wearing my dress - it's more like work of art than a dress - and the same could easily be said for the scarf.  (am secretly coveting this whole look actually - not to self, I must look out some tan boots for the A/W)






Another Kenley Scarf - adore this print, fantastic for all year round, lovely now in the S/S for a monochrome look but for me, the ideal would be with tan and black for the A/W.

Spring Kenley Scarf now £95 was £136






If you fancy a bit of McQueen or Stella, these would make all the difference to your classic A/W wardrobe. 

Alexander McQueen Psychedelic Print Scarf was £325 now £227 




Heart Print Scarf by Stella McCartney was £275 now £192



A fabulous scarf at Coach was £120 now £60




This is gorgeous for now with pale blues and whites but would work just as well in the A/W. 


Tootsie Blue Animal Print Scarf was £89 now £59



Staying with blue, I spied this at Anthropologie on Sunday but have tracked it down on the Coggles website at almost half price.  With navy, black, tan, greys, winter whites or creams this would be just perfect. 

Baum und Pferdgarten Lowell scarf in blue was £69 now £39








image

Ok let's guess which colour I shall totally be channelling this A/W - yup, that'll be blue again.  Sitting on my hands not to order this one.... 


Monochrome at Boss Orange at 41% off. 





Now I have to say err apologies as I did in fact start this blog yesterday morning when it was decidedly chilly.  I did have a scarf on (my Lily & Lionel Hot Air balloon one - and in fact there are some gorgeous L&L ones on sale at Matches.  It then of course, got rather warmer and so I swapped it for my old faithful Indira necklace from Stella & Dot.  However it seems to be raining out there this morning, so we're back on track with a scarf number.

So I make no excuse for scarves being a fantastic purchase.  Here I am yesterday in an outfit of old favourites (the tee and the jeans must be three years old at least, jacket & necklace are from last year).  With my new bargain £21 River Island sandals that I decided to keep and what do you know - I love 'em.  Again, ridiculously comfortable.


image


White linen tee - Zara
Beige Kirsten jeans - Topshop
Navy waffle jersey blazer - Next 
White sliders - River Island
Tan Bag - Prada
Indira necklace - Stella & Dot

Today blogging early as I am off out for an absolutely delicious day with two of my oldest and closest friends, one of whom is over from Oz.  Starting with a glass of fizz at 11.30 and then hitting the Selfridges sale which starts today.  All in all, pretty perfect.  Although I am intending to buy nothing but get my focus together and.....dare I mention it...... start thinking about A/W.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

20 comentarios:

  1. I agree about scarves.....I have a drawer just for them, and was most distressed the other day when I thought I'd lost my favourite one ( a present from my son, so priceless to me ), found it, happily! Love the DVF one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! They really are very special, you're right. x

      Delete
  2. Love the Coach scarf. I know I wear far too much blue but hey it's my black! Great outfit, you can send that necklace this way when you're bored of it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really unusual, isn't it?? And I will keep you in mind when I never get bored of the necklace xxxxx! xxxx

      Delete
  3. LOVE the DVF one, like your dress , i would get that one !
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's gorgeous, isn't it? Not sure I can justify another scarf

      Delete
  4. Sorry but the price of some of those scarves is obscene. After all there is no design input - they are just square or rectangular pieces of fabric. Buy them if you like the pattern but I do think they are a total rip-off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have to say I think there is a lot of design input in some with regards to the print which is what you're paying for but you're right, they're not cheap. That's life though, isn't it?!

      Delete
  5. I love the leopard link scarf and your dress one. I love scarves in general and have a drawer full of them... I don't know why I keep buying them, I live in Israel - duh! Too hot for scarves most of the year unless you're in AC.
    Great and stylish River island sliders! I laughed when you called them "surgical". By the way, it was my shout out to you on Instagram with the nurse shoes. White looks so summery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! Am loving Instagram at the moment! x

      Delete
  6. Agree a scarf is an investment and you can wear everyday and look different. Love the Weekend Maxmara ones but look like they are sold out already - any ideas on where else I can get one Kat? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh gosh love I don't know I'm so sorry - have you tried googling? x

      Delete
    2. Yes but will keep trying. Great justification though for buying in future so I don't miss out hey? Thanks again, love the blog xx

      Delete
  7. I love it that you too are wearing loom bracelets!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true, I am indeed. Have to say am rather taken with the colours! My 9 yr old loves the fact I wear it. x

      Delete
  8. Your scarf picks are gorgeous. I love the Alexander McQueen scarf, it's the skull redux meets the rising sun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They sound lovely and why haven't you worn them yet? Get them on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would really recommend 'Age of Reason' scarves - fab silk scarves with witty prints and sourced ethically. They have a sale on at the moment. I have two of them and wear them all the time

    ReplyDelete