You know those rules....

... I did say they were made to be broken, didn't I?

It's all gone a bit horribly wrong with my 3 things a month shindig.  Tomorrow (or maybe when there's a dull moment in the footie later) I AM going to count them all up from May onwards (and weep).  In my (pathetic) defence, most of it can be returned - I am just "contemplating" them.....

Because today I went to the sales.  I had to return the white sliders to Zara and, blow me down with a feather, their sale had started today. 

There was ONE pair of trousers I had had my eye on.  And the queues were huge, it was like a jumble sale, there was a solitary pair of the ones I'd had my eye on all season hanging all by their lonesome on a rail and so it was meant to be.  Or I shall at least attempt to justify them, but to be honest, even when I'm typing this I can think of two other pairs of trousers that would do the same job so they may not make the cut.  (But they've got a side zip and are flat fronted and are so flattering...)

Houndstooth Trousers now £22.99 was £29.99 (pathetic reduction)


Now when it comes to Mango we shall truly let the excuses run forth.  I was given a pair of trousers for my birthday which had been sat in the bag as they were huge on me.  I happened to take them with me today and thought - I'll chance my luck, and lo and behold, with them still being current stock, they let me exchange them.  So.......I have come home with the following.  

These Super Slim fit Arizona Jeans were £39.99 were £19.99.   Yes I did try Mango jeans before (the Electra ones actually) and there were absolutely hideous.  These aren't the best rise on me if I've totally honest and I will have to hoik them up a number of times a day but with a loose top over them - I love the wash, the patching and the finish. 

Super Slim Fit Arizonas now £19.99 from Mango



I also picked up this pyjama top, which is so not me, but oh my lord, I am transported to lady at Ralph Lauren.  I LOVE it.  Have tried it on as soon as I got home with a navy jumper over the top and I am totally sold.  So yes, it does work for now but will also work for the A/W as well (justification made?) 

Striped Oversize Shirt was £29.99 now £14.99  Size wise, this comes up huge.  I have it on in an 8. 







image

If I'm totally honest it was a toss up between the above and the two shirts below - both of which are also gorgeous.  But the one above is a bigger departure from my usual fair and a more casual throw on shirt which I thought would work really well with shorts (in my dreams...) also with the jeans above - ditto white jeans - oh with loads of things.  

However on looking at this pic, I'm kicking myself for not getting this one as well.  Although this is a large and was on the large side (the small was on the small side) and obviously there wasn't a medium. 

err and I can't find it online.  Which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.  Apologies. 


image

This one would have been a contender had I not loved the two above. 



image

I have to say DAMN for not seeing this in store (I do not need, I do not need....)  Although it would look fab with my navy shirt underneath it for A/W...... oh bum.



Still absolutely love this even though they didn't have it instore today. 



And there is just so so so much gorgeous stuff which I can see online that they didn't have instore - my port of call would definitely be in the Blouses/Shirts category - these are things you're going to get wear out of in the A/W as well (trying desperately to cling onto a vestige of attempting to keep to the rules)

The final confession is perhaps the hardest to make (although actually, I think I'm not too bad for the shoe quota - I may only have smidged into July... ok that's crap but it's better than the clothes disaster, I'm sure).  Boots.  These I have never set eyes on before but oh my god I LOVE them.  Total impulse purchase - bad bad bad me.  However I can see me living in these in A/W as my going out boots - how lovely to find a change from black. 

I will, of course, wake up tomorrow and think they ming.




So I'll get my coat as it's pathetic isn't it?  We are on day ONE of the proper sales and I have already had a massive fat fail. 

Finishing swiftly before the footie starts with my outfit from yesterday - fantastic day in London with my two gorgeous friends. 

image

Too much love will kill you Tee - Zoe Karssen
Tie die jeans in black - Sandro
Pink blazer - Zara
Black ponyskin skater shoes - Next
Black Diego bag - Alexander Wang 

Please tell me someone else has gone totally off piste with their sales purchases already??

Share this:

CONVERSATION

28 comentarios:

  1. Love all of those blouses and they look great on you. And I'm sure you will get lots of use out of those Zara trousers as they are gorgeous!
    Please could you tell me where your silver necklace in this pic is from?
    Thanks once again for all the hard work you do on researching clothes for your blog. I love reading your blog and love your choice in clothes x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What lovely comments, thank you so much. The necklace is almost 20 years old! It's an Elsa Perretti silver kidney bean from Tiffanys - I think you can still get them. I had the chain shortened so it sits in the nape of my neck. x

      Delete
  2. Those boots are very Madonna in "Desperately Seeking Susan". (Aka fabulous!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boots hurt my hole phobia!!!

    LOVE all 3 of the Mango blouses, I bought and returned the middle one in a fit of parsimony and I have been kicking myself ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not holes though you nutter...... they're studs! Tbh it was v thin fabric a la Zara, the other two are way better quality (making you feel better??!)

      Delete
  4. Hi Kat I also tried those trousers on this evening in Zara, you are right they are very flattering. Did not buy them as could not think what to wear on the top half. Sightly regretting not getting them now as they were nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah now you see I have loads of things that will go with them so sort of feel I have to keep them.....

      Delete
  5. I'm right there with you, I bought 6 sale items from Madewell this week. An additional 30% off the sale prices was the nail in the summer wardrobe coffin. Of course, it was during a return of stuff at another store nearby, lol. I can't wait to see you wear all the new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all in excellent company it seems! x

      Delete
  6. Hi girl, you're not alone. I might have been bad with Mango 40% pre-sale for "club members". And I'll be at the mall today. Hmmm. Don't feel bad, your purchases are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PHEW! I feel loads better thank you xx

      Delete
  7. Very restrained, I would have grabbed all the blouses. And those boots ooooooh just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT! I'm feeling very virtuous now. And the boots are pretty cool, aren't they?!

      Delete
  8. I love the boots!!! You look fab in your OOTD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love - there is something about those boots I love, can't put my finger on it!

      Delete
  9. Oh I'm laughing now ... I really CANNOT WAIT for the tally of your monthly purchases!!!! Looking fab as always xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bugger. Off. (it's not pretty.. I might be able to buy a new dress for Christmas at this rate.....)

      Delete
  10. You are soooooo bad!!!!! Does your husband read your blog??????. I received the Zara email about the sale yesterday, I am fighting tooth and nail not to look at the website. Until I have official confirmation that we will be experiencing a 'heathwave' in the UK for the next 3 months I am not allowed to buy any more summer clothes, shoes or accessories 😢....so my bank manager says!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think he does actually!! Honestly, the Zara reductions are PAP. Yes, I need nothing now until we have a heatwave...... ha ha ha!

      Delete
  11. I love the fact that you have bought loads of things you haven't worn. That is NOT how you do it!! GET WEARING THEM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Went off the rails and right into the fields. I'm on a strict Zara diet but Zara just opened near me TWO DAYS ago and apparently no one cared but me, so I had plenty of space to roam. Also pulled in by the same boots ,as well as others. I sat on my hands til 2 sold out but I'm still eyeing the ones you posted and a suede pair. I just ordered flats and and heeled sandals. And I have SO many boots. oh Well.
    Really like the Mango blouse you posted.

    Are those comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean the boots. I generally go for the chunky ankle boot heel.

      What does PAP stand for? Google is not helping me here.

      Delete
    2. Sorry - pap just means rubbish! It's not an acronym - apologies. And yes, the boots seem fine but admittedly I have only tried them on for about 30 seconds! I just think I'll kick myself if I don't get them as they'd be so so great for a night out. x

      Delete
  13. Thanks to you, I now have an obsession with Hush and have am waiting for the Next black/grey linen dress and 3 blouses from John Lewis to arrive from the UK! And we're now into winter here in inland Australia so I'm currently wearing Uniqlo Heatech singlets and t'shirts under my jumpers… Love your style. Looking forward to visiting my parents, who live in Bromley, in September and hoping there will be an Indian Summer so I can wear some of my purchases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh EXCELLENT! I'm actually off to see the new A/W Hush preview on Thursday so I can report back..... xx

      Delete
  14. Bought the shirt with the stripe and my white river island shoes... thanks for the tips.
    Would you mind me asking where your watch is from or any tips on anything similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry only just seen this - mine is a Michael Kors watch. Hope that helps xx

      Delete