We have a winner.

And I can't even claim it as my own genius find.  I am stealing from a friend.  Well, not stealing stealing as I bought my own.  But I was totally inspired by her (thank you S!).  

Bumped into her at Bluewater today and she couldn't decide if she should get the black and grey or white and beige version of the below dress.  Well, she went and bought the white one and I trotted after her, beyond impressed with her find (which actually her mum found originally!)

I have found the perfect every day Summer dress.  And and and and, the best bit, it's only £26.

This week is going to be a prime example of NEED A DRESS weather.  Which I don't own.  Oh lord I know I know, I could bang on about this till the cows come home.  And I do.  Apologies but these are so hideously hard to find.  Without spending a squiddly fortune.  Trying to find one that's the right length, the right fabric, sleeveless but with enough coverage to keep one decent - oh i can go on and on.  And still come away empty handed.  

Well call off the dogs.   We've had success.

Here it is - a fabulous linen dress from Next! 

Pocket Linen Blend Dress in grey £26


And here I am in it - this is the Regular length and not the Tall (there is also a Petite as well - could it be any more perfect?!).  For me, I like this length, it's not short short at all - perhaps it could be slightly more drop waisted but I wouldn't really want it any longer, at the mo, it sits a couple of inches above my knee which is perfect.  

Oh and most importantly, I am super flat chested and it works.  My friend who bought it is much better endowed than I am and it works perfectly for her as well.   It's one of those magic dresses.  Simple, classic, understated and made of a lovely fabric (heavy enough to hang well and not be see through but not too heavy that it would be too warm) with gorgeous stitching detail.

image


Now actually my friend bought it in this colour below and not the grey and black, like I mentioned.

In the white £26  Confession time - I *may* have bought this as well as there was one 10 left and I was going to put it back when the Sales Assistant said, "ooh is that a 10, I thought we'd sold out of all of those, I didn't think we could get any more".  Well.  Is there anything more likely to make you purchase something than being told it's the last one?




And the Indigo £26  Which they didn't have in store.  Which is handy as I honestly love this so much I would probably have bought it. 



And they say these things are like buses - well, I trot off to do school pick up and run into another friend wearing The most stunning dress.  So gorgeous, it was one of those dresses I was convinced she was going to say "oh I got it on holiday in Mexico/Ibiza/it's from a little boutique in Milan", like people usually say when I get round to asking them where something stunning is from. 

She had it on with a little pair of tan ankle boots and oh my god it looked divine.  Honestly it looked so expensive and such amazing quality.  And it's from ASOS!  (I know as I was so excited I dragged down the back of her collar to check - I'm all class)

ASOS Premium Swing Dress with Embroidery £65


Now my friend is pretty diddy so I fear this would be pants flashing on me.  However there is another option which they do in a tall as well. 

ASOS Tall Premium Swing Dress with Embroidery £75




The best thing about both these dresses is that they're not too expensive so you can buy them now, you will get loads of wear out of them immediately (no need to even save for holiday)  I'm not sure if I can justify three of them - I may stick with my two Next bargains (and yes, I know I KNOW I have to do my tally for May which is definitely over and I fear I may just have splurged June as well.  Poo.  However feeling virtuous as I did take the white leather skirt back to Wallis today.  Regardless of many times I tried it on, it was just too big on the hips.  GAH) 

So here is my outfit today.  I cannot tell you how pleased I am with these sandals (if you haven't noticed)  To anyone who has asked, they are THE most comfortable, they're standing up well and I am asked whenever I go out where they're from.  I'm finding it impossible to find a tan pair I like so I may just cave and get these in white as well before they sell out too (black ones totally sold out now) 



image


Black RAD tee - Zoe Karssen
Midnight boucle jacket - Zara
Saxby boyfriend jeans - ASOS 
Oversized buckle sliders - Zara
Tan bag - Prada

This is an extra post that I just had to fling out there today as I am so so pleased with my find!  Oh and the other friend that I was also shopping with today may have bought the same dress too..... It truly is that fab.  Hope it helps someone! 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

31 comentarios:

  1. Gorgeous! It looks like it costs 3 or 4 times that! Will be paying Next a visit tomorrow! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise you, you won't be disappointed!

      Delete
  2. I have this dress in Tall and love love love it. Can be dressed up for work, or dressed down for a summers day. A definite wardrobe staple (and the fact it is £26 makes it even better!). You are tempting me to get another one now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think it's the sort of thing you will wear for years and years and years. It's never going to go out of fashion, it's a total classic and is amazing quality,isn't it?! Yes, I think the black would be great with my black Delphine pumps actually. You SO need another one!

      Delete
    2. Just ordered the white one too now!! I'm figuring it will be useful over the summer ;)

      Delete
  3. I've got this dress and its great value, ditto last years equivalent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab for every day throwing on, isn't it?!x

      Delete
  4. Love it but I love your outfit today more - you look great! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I bought this in the petite size (I'm a similar height to you I think) would it be like a tunic? I really do like it, but I'm more a dress over things person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm my concern might be that it would be cut too tight on the arms maybe? And it would be waisted as opposed to drop waist but it's worth a go. It does come up on the large size so perhaps just size down and see if that works? xx

      Delete
  6. Thanks for flinging it out there. And there is so much out there I don't think I would've ever clocked this. Not one for dresses normally but this one looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There IS so much stuff it's sometimes so difficult to see the wood for the trees x

      Delete
  7. ooh I am loving the Next dress. How have I not seen that before? Will look out for it this Thursday when I am near the Next store. Love all 3 colour ways too. This could be dangerous ...except at that price ... x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You little genius, just placed my order so hoping it looks as good on me, would be perfect for trip to Rome in October, would so love a few little dresses - so much easier when travelling light. Still haven't bought any sandals - am loving your sliders tho - any alternatives out there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have done a post on glads - maybe you like those or I've got one going up today on espadrilles which I LOVE! x

      Delete
  9. .....Thank you so much for the red embroidered bohemian one....have just bought it from asos, love it!.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so so so gorgeous isn't it? Damn me for being so tall x

      Delete
  10. I wasn't sure of the first dress in the stock photo, but it looks great on you! I want one tooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a very bad influence Kat !!, have been really struggling with a nice casual but feminine dress, have ordered grey and white colour way to try, have also ordered tall and standard as not sure which length will suit my long frame !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with it - I think it's perfect for every day throwing on x

      Delete
  12. Hi Kat,

    My first comment after much blog reading.

    I bought the Wallis palm print dress and wore it to work today for the first time. 3 compliments by 10.30 am and it's super comfy to boot.

    Major result - love this Next dress too.

    Broke of London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I"m so so pleased - it's an amazing dress, definitely! x

      Delete
  13. I've just ordered this in two of the colours. Let's hope it suits me. My figure couldn't be more different than yours. I've got G cup boobs so they could be going right back. I ordered the skirts as well but already changed myf about the white one too many areas for error before I've even got my underwear on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I rushed off to try the grey one on but it did nothing for me whatsoever. Nothing. Bit disappointed. But then went in Jigsaw and bought a black dress and two white tops, so all's right with the world again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh YAY for finding something that worked xxxx

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Earthly is a marketplace that brings together the best Linen dress Dubai products to the region, Our primary focus is to bring unique, sustainable fabrics to the region in timeless styles, bridging the gap currently existing in the marketplace.

    ReplyDelete