Not a vertiginous heel in sight.

And no, I'm sorry, it's not flats today.  Yes it's dresses.  But.... it's not all floral maxis, it's even all maxis and... drum roll... it's not even all midis.   I KNOW, RIGHT?  Don't all assume that my account has been hacked but I have even got some minis going on as well. 

One holiday, one dress, one set of knees on show and I am suddenly all about (potentially) getting my knees out.

Now again, we are talking the more expensive end of the scale with some investment dresses.  They're not the cheapest BUT they're made to be worn!!!  I would say pretty much all of these can go in the machine on a handwash (or the good old sink will do just as well).  So wear them for an occasion but wear them on holiday with sandals, during the day for anything you're up to with trainers and a denim jacket.  Into the Autumn, nothing that a pair of ankle boots can't fix.  And hello tights for the Winter.

Ok so apart from maybe this one - as it wouldn't entirely work into the Winter.  BUT... this is a dress that you will have in your wardrobe for years.  The perfect Summer dress to work with sandals for during the day, the ideal dress for those nights out when you're not sure what to wear. 

Perseverance London Dress from Coggles was £334 now £234



Not forgetting the Ganni.  Cleaning up in the sale.  Go forth and shop.  I can personally recommend - really good quality, great prints, super versatility. 

Alameda Wrap Dress was £235 now £165



Floral at Net a Porter. 

Ganni Fairfax floral print dress was £200 now £120



Shorter Wrap Dress - the Tilden Mesh Dress also Ganni was £180 now £126



So I'm just going to do all the wrap dresses I can as they're so so so SO flattering. 

Beacon Dress also Ganni was £200 now £140




A short and a long version of the same print.  Both are perfect for all year round.  

Fayette Silk Dress from Ganni was £295 now £207



And the same style as the leopard one I have from Ganni - Fayette Silk Dress was £430 now £301.




Maxi again and super summery at Net a Porter. 

Mes Demoiselles Arizona Dress was £320 now £160



Longer again at Rixo and I have two of these dresses in this style.  SO flattering for those with no boobs and those with bigger boobs.  A really good friend of mine has this with a much bigger blessing in the chest area and it looks amazing on her. 

Chrissy Dress from Rixo was £315 now £189




Back to short at JCrew at Net a Porter.

JCrew Jungle Printed Dress was £120 now £72



This could be hugely hugely useful.  I blooming LOVE this.  Would happily wear during the day but with heels at night.  I know.  Even me.  With my fear of wapping the knees out, I may be getting over it.

Melissa Odabash Reid Crocheted Cover Up was £255 now £153




Or this one which could look amazing with tights into the Autumn.

Michael Michael Kors was £225 now £158



Classic Black at Vince in washed silk.  The most versatile dress I've seen in a long time.  I am super super tempted by this.  Was £415 now £208



Orrrr this one.  These are the sorts of dresses I am totally missing in my wardrobe (I know - check it out - my saying "things I miss from my wardrobe"... REALLY?!).  But no, in all seriousness, a classic black dress that you need to just throw on and go.

RIGHT that's it - I'm doing a blog post on these - oh my lord, I have a dry spell and then suddenly I can't stop thinking of things I need to write about. 

First up, this.

Equipment Stacy Washed Dress was £370 now £222





So I'm going to park the dresses there and finishing with a couple that I have ordered - in the interests of research and I was ordering the shoes yesterday and am 99.9% sure they will go straight back as I am now determined to get a black number. 

This from Preen Line.  Which I LOVE.  And I have just remembered I have a very similar one that I bought in the sale two years ago so this one can go straight back when it arrives.  THIS is why I don't tend to shop in the sales as I am rubbish at it.  But I can at least try the sizes and then let you know how they fit.  

Preen Line Eimear Dress was £395 now £277



And I also bought a red one.  I have NO idea what I was thinking.  Clicktastic.  WRONG.  

I shall be learning from my mistakes and following my own rules from now on. 

In the meantime, here I am in a bargain dress from H&M.  

HERE is the link.  It does keep going in and out of stock so keep checking back if it's not there.



Dress - H&M (current)
Jacket - hush (gift 5yrs ago)
Shoes - & Other Stories (2yrs ago)
Sunglasses - Tom Ford from Very Exclusive (ss17)
Bag - Hill & Friends (gift current)

I am now off to start a blog on the black dresses.  It was going to be something animal related but I'm having an interlude as I can feel the burning obsession of a black dress beginning to start...  

Share this:

CONVERSATION

6 comentarios:

  1. I adore your H&M dress, can I ask what the sizing is like? I know H&M are usually horribly small and there's only an 8 left. I'm a 10 so imagine I won't fit into it but it does look quite floaty and am wishful thinking
    ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red shoes - thought these might fit the bill https://www.mintvelvet.co.uk/product/leoni-red-t-bar-high-heel/13279

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat, I love your blogs but pleeeease can we have more affordable clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging..
    juttis online

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning, I love your blog - keep up the excellent work :)

    ReplyDelete