My Beauty Must Haves for Holiday (which are exactly what I use at home..!)

I will admit that I do bring new things every time I come but I'm sure there are some old favourites in here. 

These are tried and tested favourites that I've been using for a while now (I wasn't so bold as to just bring something away with me I hadn't tried - actually I say that.. I did buy a new perfume at the airport).  Some were given to me to review (and I then carried on using them as I loved them!) and others I've bought (or were given as presents by friends or family).  I've highlighted which is which.

So without further ado and starting at the top with the face - cleanser. 

I know some people love double cleansing.  I do sometimes.  On holiday?  Not for me.   At which juncture I should point out again that I am NOT in any way shape or form an expert.  I use what I love and what works.  Full stop.

I love being able to massage a balm into my face - it somehow feels less drying on sunkissed skin than a foam or milk cleanser. 

My favourite which I've been using for a while now (husband bought it for me for Christmas) is:-

Elemis Pro-collagen Cleansing Balm £41




Moving onto a day cream and again, it's Elemis which I use.  Now.  This is ALL SORTS OF WRONG, I'm sure, but I use this on my face as suncream.  I KNOW I KNOW - I shouldn't.  BUT. I have tried literally every single other (ok not every one but enough and expensive ones at that) proper *suncream* for the face and I come out in the most horrendous rashes and spots.  Not to mention it always gets into my eyes and I then can't see for two days.  I do keep trying others but I always go back to my SPF 30 in a pot.   You can apply it as many times as you like and I just get totally moisturised, soft (and unburnt) skin.

Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream SPF30 £82 for 50ml 




For moisturising in the evening, I have bought two of my favourite products with me. 

One I've been using for years. 

Aromessence Neroli Amara Oil Serum £48




And the other I recently discovered after my trip away with Decleor to Paris.  This is the most amazing massage product, which I lather on my skin (either this or the Aromessence - I find they're both incredibly moisturising) every night.  And do my facial massage... which I will come back to another day. 

This is the one I've brought away with me but there are other options for different skin types online (ditto for the oil serum above).

Decleor Neroli Amara Hydrating Night Balm £39





I did also bring my own shower gel and body lotion with me (even though it is actually provided in the Villa) but this to me just epitomises holiday.  I first discovered this a couple of years ago at the Penelope Chilvers Duke Street store where they sell it (she stocks up in Spain).  I've mentioned this a number of times on the blog and I know that once you've tried it, it's a keeper.  I always have a bottle of the fragrance on the go. 

Agua de Colonia Set £25.30 from Amazon  (I have actually just ordered another set of these for when I get home as it goes SO well with the new fragrance I've bought).






Alvarez Gomez Eau de Cologne 150ml  £19.63



Speaking of fragrance, I have bought the above with me, but I also did treat myself to a new perfume at the airport.  I first smelt this on Deryane who owns The Dressing Room in St Albans and totally told her I was sorry but I was going to have to buy the same.  It.  Is.  Amazing.  And they sell Diptyque at Terminal 5 now...

Diptyque Sens 50ml £70





Now I tend to wear exceptionally little makeup when I'm away.  Mascara.  And a bit of bronzer and highlighter on my cheeks.  

But in order to max out the Mascara, I do use Revitalash for the couple of months before I come away. This works.  Yes you have to use it religiously but it's amazing for lengthening your natural lashes.  You wait until people ask you if you have false eyelashes.  I PROMISE you, they will!

Revitalash Advanced Eyelash Conditioner £104


And then I've actually been using another Max Factor mascara which I picked up again at the airport as other people have said it was their favourite and YES! They're right.  I LOVE it!   I didn't go waterproof as I'm not bothered about wearing it in the pool.  

Max Factor False Lash Epic Mascara £11.99 (a free gift when you spend more than £14 at Boots - definitely worth doing - alas not available at the airport!).




This is a perfect two in one.  The only other make up I need when away.  This was a birthday present this year. 

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Medium £49






And a super random addition to the pot - the most amazing brush.  I do find for me, it's often more about the application than the actual product.  I use one side of this for the blusher (or for bronzer - works just as well) and the angled end for highlighter.  It's GENIUS!  One palette, one brush and you're off.  My Summer MUST have.  I got this in a goodie bag from somewhere last year or the year before and it's been my must have brush since then.  (for the bronzer/blusher - it's come into its own when combined with the CT palette!)

Double Ended Cheek Brush from Studio 10 £28





And then the nails.. oh my favourite, the nails. 

So actually I DID experiment with these.  The first time I've ever used them.  We're 6 days in and they are GOOD!  No filing down needed - I have had to glue the thumbs back on once (no biggie) but for this money, I am so buying them again.  Now I will say that I have recommended the stick on nails countless times before and I am the hugest fan.  I never ever have gels or anything like that - I always do them myself at home (with a glass of wine - what's not to love?  Or on the train with a coffee.... I know, I'd hate myself if you had to sit opposite me on the train too).

Boots Fals Nails Pillarbox Red £5.50  They also do them in a raspberry and an oxblood so I shall be stocking up when I get back.  





And I can't actually believe that's all I brought with me... maybe I'll have to do a part two.   I must have bought more gubbins.  Yes I could go upstairs and have a look but I am sat, looking at the most amazing view with a glass of prosecco so it will have to wait until tomorrow! 

I will say that I do find my 4 monthly top up of botox makes a huge difference to how I look and feel.  I'm sure there are lots of fabulous practioners about, but I can personally vouch for the amazing Dr I use, Dr Ellie Holman.  She has a surgery in Kent but regularly travels to London and throughout the South East.  I've used her for three years now and have been over the moon with the results.  I currently have just Botox - not filler (yet..) and go every 4 months.  I prefer a light touch as opposed to a heavier dose where I could possibly only go every 6 months.  BUT Ellie will be able to advise on what she would recommend.  Contact details can be found here.

And finishing with another quick pic from hols.   And no, my back isn't sunburnt - marks from me having sat on a lounger on the beach for two hours..!




Black dress - All Saints (about 8yrs ago)
Sandals - hush (part of paid partnership 3yrs ago)

We have one more day here - have to say I'm not entirely looking forward to coming home.  Could HAPPILY have done two weeks!  Darn half term!  

As I said yesterday, we are currently away with Scot Williams Villas, to review one of their villas.  The villa has been gifted to us, but we paid for our flights, cars, food, boat, wine, playing cards... etc etc...

Will be back tomorrow with some swimwear gems.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comentarios:

  1. Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a 30 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!
    high tide swimsuit

    ReplyDelete