Can you have too much of a good thing?

I am a booger for this.  Finding something you love and then totally overdosing on it. 

So today - according to the 8yr old who was looking over my shoulder as I was typing earlier and said in disgust "Mum, are you going to buy a Onesie?".......no it's not a onesie but it's a "joined up thing" (which is what he called them when I said it wasn't a onesie.  "so it's a joined up thing".... err....ish....)  

Yes, I'm talking Joined Up Things.

I am currently in love with my dungarees but also my jumpsuit.  All of which were bargains - the dungarees were £10 and £14.99 each from H&M and the jumpsuit was half price from Kin at John Lewis. 

Have to say, I am more surprised than anyone at how much I have loved them, how versatile I've found them and how comfortable they are. 

Therefore I'm not surprised that I'm not the only one.  Cue this article I found the other day online at The Pool, entitled, In Praise of Jumpsuits. 

You know when you see a pic and think, I.  Need.  That.  (ignoring the fact I'm not Christy Turlington.  Minor, minor thing).  Admittedly I wouldn't wear these shoes on a night out but, like I said, I'm not Christy Turlington. (I am coming to terms with that for those of you how might be concerned)



In the article, they basically summarise what I have said and have wholeheartedly bought into.  They are flattering, they are comfy, they are versatile and they are so so so easy.  No tops to match, no muffin on show (ok so they might not have mentioned this but everyone who works in their office is probably about 12 and genuinely still thinks a muffin is something that comes in either blueberry or chocolate options) and perfect to dress up or dress down. 

Now the jumpsuit they were all cooing over, wasn't in fact a denim one but a khaki number.  From Topshop which I went and tried on today and totally fell in love.  

Utility all in one from Topshop £55



And here I am in it.  Obviously though, I had my sensible head on and thought, no no, I've just bought the new khaki chinos (which were all of £20) and therefore I don't need a khaki jumpsuit and so I left it. (me and my stupid logic that I take shopping with me.  I'm leaving that sensible cow at home next time.)

Of course now I can't live without.  So can I order it online....  NO AS IT'S OOS IN MY SIZE.  Will I ever, ever, ever learn.  I am a buffoon.


Untitled

Of course I was all over the denim jumpsuit but as soon as I've come home, all I can think about is the khaki one. That'll be right.

However, fear not, for I manage to locate this one. 

ASOS Khaki jumpsuit £55



Which... of course is also sold out in my size.  GAH.

I have also discovered this one at Mango which I do love but now I officially Must Have the Topshop one.  I am a proper cretin.

Long chest-pocket jumpsuit from Mango £69.99



So, leaving the khaki one aside, let's look what I uncovered of a denim nature.  Firstly, they need to be of a tencel/chambray fabric for me in these slightly warmer temps. 

I fear this one might be slightly too thick but I do like the look of it. 

ASOS soft denim jumpsuit £55 I have to say though, I'm not convinced by the belt....



I am ignoring the fact they call it a boiler suit - this one is worth a look. 

Daisy Street Boiler suit £34.99



Lighter now in colour but I had my heart set on the Christy darker indigo one..... I do think with a paler blue the leap to babygro is a step closer.  Although to be fair, this one is pretty darn gorgeous.
Selected Katrine Jumpsuit in lightweight denim £75



Denim Jumpsuit from Selected Femme £75  Ok, so I might be sold now... Navy blazer anyone?




Now La Redoute.  Discount code for 25% off your order - 8509 or 8511.

Denim Jumpsuit by Soft Grey £49 pre discount 




Finally finishing with a couple of ringers.  Which don't exactly fit the brief but I still think I could make good use of.  Starting with a print one from Next - the same print as the shirt dress which is still on my list of maybes for the Summer.   I love love this print.  With a black or cream jacket - even a denim one, this would be great.  Dressed up or down, a wardrobe staple.


Charcoal Geo Print Jumpsuit from Next £48



And a classic navy from Mango. 

Zip Long Jumpsuit from Mango £49.99 - this is almost identical to my Kin from John Lewis one and would be a lovely addition to a wardrobe.




Now am I barking up this tree on my own or have I dragged anyone else down the "joined up thing" route?  Have you succumbed to the jumpsuit or even dungarees?  

I fear I am on a slippery slope to a wardrobe full of them.  Until the sun comes out and will I then be looking for a playsuit?  Oh dear lord, the mind boggles.  Imagine what the 8yr old will have to say about that.

So outfit from yesterday. 


Untitled 

Black and white jumper - Hush
Khaki chinos - Tommy Hilfiger
Beige jersey blazer - Zara
Black suede Ohio boots - Pied a Terre
Harker hands free bag - Anya Hindmarch

And today for a lovely day shopping and lunch with my gorgeous friend Cathy from Alice's Wonders. 


Untitled

Yellow Breton - Zara
Flared jeans - Zara
Black military jacket - Zara
White cracked leather Stan Smiths - adidas
Harker hands free bag - Anya Hindmarch

Guess where I'm off to tomorrow?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

31 comentarios:

  1. I love the TopshoP one, hope you manage to track it down. It looks so much better on you than the model

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you are v kind - I went back today to pick it up!

      Delete
    2. Great! I can see it being so versatile x

      Delete
  2. I tried this one on in Urban Outfitters - http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/uk/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=5131465546100&category=SEARCH+RESULTS and tried it on in two sizes and got the assistant in with me as well - so nearly perfect but a strange dropped crotch that would suit noone who wasnt size 6 and 6 foot tall. Love the idea though and will be taking my three year old Hoss Intropia blue one on hols with me. lets face it going to the lav in exotic parts can be so traumatic anyway that a jumpsuit wont make any difference at all ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do you think "exaggerated" just means massively saggy crotch....?? I've found loads more today although I do love the khaki one more. And yes, they're perfect for holidays (yes they are a nightmare to go to the loo in... but worth it)

      Delete
  3. Ha Kat! I've been gushing over that Christy T pic on Twitter today and bought the Topshop Khaki jumpsuit at the weekend. Oh no, I thought,
    I won't keep it. I'll just try it on... Took it off 12 hrs later. Love. It's my 4th jumpsuit or 5th if you count the dungarees. Might have ordered my 2nd pair of those today too.
    Completely addicted, in other words.

    Topshop have a (not 100% reliable) in-store finder online if you really want to track down the khaki one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I went back today and bought it. LOVE it. Will have to wear it tomorrow I think....!

      Delete
  4. Kat, you crack me up, a woman after my own heart! Once I realise something I like is out of stock I no longer like-but adore obsessively! I phone every store in the country to seek it out. I have totally bought into the dungaree and jumpsuit look. Love the topshop one you have. It looks amazing on you. Good luck with your search. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OBviously went back today to get it. x

      Delete
  5. Queen Sofia of Spain wore that last Mango jumpsuit last week! You can see it here. Not sure about the belt but apart from that it looks fab: http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/03/spanish-royals-attends-opening-of.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was chuffed to discover that Spanish royalty love MY Mango jumpsuit! I wore it for the first time on Saturday night with a red obi belt, also Mango. So glad you got the TS jumpsuit today- It looked fab on you. I am all over jumpsuits this season, bought the Mango navy one and a khaki H&M one to add to a black Warehouse one from last year. Only downside is the toilet trips particularly when wearing out at night with copius amounts of alcohol being consumed!!

      Delete
    2. Yeah there is no getting round the "going to the loo is a pain in the arse" thing... I can't imagine how much more difficult it is with a belt as well! I usually almost dislocate a shoulder when trying to get out of mine.....

      Delete
  6. Denim all in ones I ask you - have we all forgotten Prisoner Cell Block H?! p.s love the khaki jumpsuit, hope you find it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At one point in the middle it all went a bit 'doctors scrubs' but then it came back... They look really good on you but I worry they would highlight my arse and make it look a bit pear-shaped?? You know, as in, more pear-shaped than it already is?! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm I think it would probably depend on the fit to be honest. And whether or not you love the look and embrace your pear a la K Kardashian??!

      Delete
  8. I've never tried a jumpsuit (really because I did secretly think of them as a onesie! ) but am definitely going to give them a try. Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHA! You and the 8yr old!!! Honestly honestly give them a go - you might be surprised..... x

      Delete
  9. Topshop one is AMAZING. Hope you find it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck in your Topshop jumpsuit search! Count me as a jumpsuit and overall lover. And rompers. I just bought a new jumpsuit online from the Milly for Kohl's collaboration. Can't wait to see it in person, it's a fresh navy and white print with the coolest little shoulder straps. It's made of soft jersey tee shirt material. It will be perfect for this spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds gorgeous. really really gorgeous!

      Delete
  11. Oh god that's such a shame about the Kin one. I know what you mean though - it is a question of trying lots on as some are definitely better than others. And I have to say, I tried on a playsuit today. Dear. God......

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are SO like me!
    Always fell in love something, leave, come home- realizing i really want it- quickly looking to order online and another realising that its sold out- calling the shop- no answer so Quickly running back to the shop to snatch it up!
    Happened to me today with neon Converse...need to get them tomorrow first thing in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I got them! They are SO yellow neon bright but I have to had them! They had only one pair and in my size!
      Isnt that a sign? Lol

      Delete
  13. I saw on insta that you found one - hooray! I'm always doing that too, and it's all the sweeter when you finally manage to find your object of lust after all the umming and ahhing isn't it? Look forward to seeing how you wear it - it's not a style I could pull off, but i have no doubt you will look fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Geo print from Next is now only £23 in the Clearance section xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kat, I'm also a fan of the all in one. I brought myself the Gap denim boiler suit, right old bargain after the 40% discount. I was concerned that I'd look like the man come to fix the boiler but I've loved it, dressed up and down ..... Others seem to like it as well

    ReplyDelete