Green with envy

... at ALL THE GREEN there is around.  Yup, I have a green feeling this A/W.  All shades  Although admittedly, it's less the khaki that's floating my boat, I'm leaning towards the emerald, the teal and the bottle. 

And I think - the trick to giving green a whole new lease of life, is to team it with other colours, you may not typically associate with green. 

So red is an obvious one (thank you Gucci).  But how about pink?  Turquoise?  All shades of blue in fact.  Even lilac.   Alternatively put all the greens together as an outfit.  I did this last year with red - head to foot - and loved it.  Loved it and this year, it's going to be green that's my colour of choice.

I'm not going to lie - there is one outfit in particular that has made me come over all green.  I cannot stop thinking about this jumper.  Mainly because it would go with this skirt which is also on my mind waaaay too much.  

Dainty polka dot print wrap skirt from Ganni £170  I have this skirt in the leopard and simply love it.



BUT- teamed with this jumper.  

Juillard mohair and wool-blend jumper from Ganni £370





However - I copped a feel of this in Selfridges last week and holy hell - it was like wire wool.  I didn't try it on but oh my lord it felt SO itchy.  Now maybe it's just a sublime piece of heaven when you do try it on (I didn't as I really didn't want to fall in love with it...) but it made me think - surely for that price we can find something a LOT more purse friendly.

The nearest I can find is this from TKMAxx.

Soaked In Luxury Jumper was £59.99 now £24.99




This doesn't really come close does it...

Knitted braided sweater £35.99 from Mango



Plainer now...

Izumi Cashmere Boxy Crew Neck £150 from Jigsaw in Rainforest Green



More of a teal shade at Uniqlo, again in cashmere.

Cashmere Crew Neck Jumper £69.90




The Ragged Priest Stripe Knit Jumper £40 This I absolutely love.  Have I mentioned how obsessed with stripes I am this season?  I have to say, this is my favourite.  I may even prefer it to the Ganni one.



Mixed with blue.. 

Striped Cotton Jumper from Mango £19.99



Mixed colours again at Topshop from YAS.  Did someone mention glitter?  THIS with a pink skirt.. or a black leather skirt.. or pretty much anything. 

Block Rib Knit Jumper from YAS £45



Feather Knitted Jumper from Boutique at Topshop in a pistachio green (a lot more useful than you would think!) was £55 now £25



Weekday Rib Crew Neck Jumper was £60 now £36



Similar at La Redoute who have a 30% off code at the minute (I feel hours of my life being lost later on here... on reduced items as well as new in.  Uh. Oh.) Code BIG30

High Neck Mohair Jumper from La Redoute was £40 now £29.60 pre extra discount




And speaking of bargains from La Redoute... if a finer knit v neck is your thing... 

V Neck fine gauge knit jumper was £25 now £10 pre extra 30% off 



Chunky V neck at Mango.

Chunky knit sweater £39.99



Chunky now with a roll neck at La Redoute with 30% off. 

Roll neck chunky knit jumper from Molly Bracken £46 pre discount



OneOn Hand Knitted textured sleeve jumper at ASOS was £145 now £65




Dark Green Fluffy High Neck Jumper from New Look £22.99




Outfit from yesterday when Summer came back for a day.  This is the dress I bought from TKMaxx a couple of weeks ago and I had thought I was going to have to keep it for our holiday in October but whoop - managed to squeeze another dress day in.



Navy and white spot dress - TKMaxx (ss18)
Scarf on bag - Liberty's (gift current)
Bag - Anya Hindmarch from Bicester Village (ss17)
Shoes - Jigsaw (gift ss18)
Earrings - Monica Vinader (from paid partnership)
Sunglasses - Chloe from Very Exclusive (ss17)

So nope - not a lot of green on.  But it's coming... it's definitely coming.  I have a green skirt already (although that Ganni one is CALLING ME!) and I shall be wearing that in the next couple of days for sure.  

Tomorrow I will be back with... hmmm I've a couple of gems up my sleeve - I have SO much I want to explore this season and I have had loads of requests so September should be a busy month. 

I now have to go and try and remember where I put the school uniform I got way back in July when I was being spectacularly organised.  Didn't think that one through, did I.....

Share this:

CONVERSATION

6 comentarios:

  1. I don't think I own one green piece (I think that comes from having a dark green uniform at high school-yuk!!
    I've never ventured back there but I am loving the chunky knit v'neck from Mango ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So was mine! Bottle Green, apple green and red. Boak. BUT I've come round to love it!

      Delete
  2. I have ganni jumpers and they really are soft and lovely to wear. I have the striped one brand new with tags if anybody wants to buy at a much reduced price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the whistles green leopard skirt? Green and leopard, what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Off to have a look although Whistles can be a dodge length on me.

      Delete