Cleansing heaven

So clearly there is absolutely nothing fashion related that I can shoehorn into a blog post with "cleansing", therefore it should come as no surprise that today, it's all about the beauty. 

And - in particular cleansing.  Now - I don't know about the rest of you but for the majority of my life, I was a cream cleanser girl.  Applied with a cotton wool pad and removed mostly with toner.  What the actual chuff?  Please tell me I'm not alone in this. 

Whilst we're on the subject of fessing up, I'm going to throw my slovenly hat into the ring and declare that, yes - I lived through the "baby wipe" years.  Which were punctuated with the "I've got three small kids and have finally been out for a LOT of drinks with the girls so there is more chance of hell freezing over than there is of me removing my makeup tonight" days.  On more than one occasion did I wake up with a whiff of the Alice Coopers about me.

But those days are long gone.  I have learned that if you look after your skin - well, I'd love to say something witty or profound here but no - it simply looks a shed load better. 

There are lots of things I've learnt over the years (especially the last couple) that have improved the look and feel of my skin 1000%. 

And using a cleanser that works for you is one of them.  So I will start by saying, as I always do, that I am NO expert in this.  All I can run you through is what I've used and LOVED.  And please do bear in mind that I have tried a lot of different cleansers and a very many of them don't make the grade.

I will also say that I don't use one cleanser 100% of the time.  I fear this is probably a myth but I find that if I change up my beauty routine - especially at different times of the month or if I feel that my skin "needs" something else, it makes a real difference.  My skin just looks "better" - for want of a more technical word. 

So talking all things cleansers.  At the minute, I haven't found a liquidy cream cleanser that I love.  I also personally don't favour the foaming varieties.  Give me something that I can massage into my face and buff off with water - always using a cloth - and I am in cleansing heaven.

First up the balms.  

Starting with two that I've been using for years.

Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Balm 100g £47




Elemis Pro-collagen Cleansing Balm £43 105g








Alternatively you could buy the supersized version in support of Breast Cancer Care - packaging designed by Lily & Lionel (roses created by celery print, I have it on very good authority..!) 200g for £68




This one I've been using for the past year and I also love.  I find it has a richer texture, slightly oilier (in a good way...) than the two above.  Perfect for really giving a good massge.

De Mamiel Restorative Cleansing Balm £54 for 100ml



This one is a recent find that was sent to me and it made it's way into my bathroom cabinet.  It's one of two that I use when I need to exfoliate without using a full on exfoliator.  There is the slightest, SLIGHTEST grain to it.

Balance Me Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm £20 125ml


Another old favourite that I've been using for years and one that I turn to when I need an instant brightening effect on my skin.  I don't know what it is about this product as it's not an exfoliating cleanser but I feel it has the same effect as when I use a full on exfoliator.  Use for even just a couple of days and I can almost guarantee an instantly brighter complexion.

Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser from Liz Earle 100ml £16.50



And onto some newer finds.  This is a product from Decleor that is for days when I might not have been wearing any make up as I find it much lighter texture and definitely isn't as heavy as the balms above.  Also the one I turn to in the morning.

Decleor Bi-phase Cleanser and makeup remover 400ml £32 (this is pic of the 200ml which is actually out of stock but the new in Super size 400ml is in stock and is only £4 more!  Total no brainer!!)




And finishing with two more cleansing products that I find lighter than the balms and are perfect for mornings and for holidays.  I also use them every now and again when at home and don't feel the need for a full on deep cleanse.


De Mamiel Pure Calm Cleansing Dew 100ml £50



Light & Energy Serum Cleanser from Romilly Wylde £54 100ml




These are the ones that I rotate in my bathroom cabinet.  Clearly I am immensely fortunate in that I get sent beauty products to review (none of these have asked for a review can I please point out!) and were I to have bought them, I can categorically state I would NOT have this many.  But I have always had at least two, if not three on the go at a time as I do genuinely think changing your routine up does make a difference. 

Apparently from a scientific point of view, it makes absolutely no difference so maybe it's purely psychological.  Thoughts??!   Or am I just slightly bonkers?  (more so than usual....)

Finishing with outfit from today.... 



Dress - Studio by Preen at Debenhams (sample ss18)
Trainer - Ishikawa from Quattrorish (ss17)
Bag - Balenciaga (2yrs ago)
Sunglasses - M&S (from paid partnership)

And just like that, the week is over, it's Friday, we have one small child who's got a sleepover here and one who is very put out that he hasn't.  Hence I am ordering a plethora of takeaways in an attempt to appease him...  Bring on the weekend!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

3 comentarios:

  1. Simple Facial Wipes followed by Simple Facial Wash - £3 each and very effective. I have been using them for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recevied a sample of Elemis in one of many boxes I over-subcribe to. I love it. I just started poking around for reviews. Love your insta. I’m addicted and you make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete