The '70s have called...

... they want their jackets back.  And their trousers, skirts and shirts.  

Warning - there is a lot of poo brown.  Because we've gone '70s full throttle.

Had a great chat about this whole topic yesterday when I did the Fashion Unzipped Podcast at The Telegraph - which is now up and running... 

I am going in.  Head to toe.  With absolutely no apology  I will say though, that it's randomly easier to wear a suit than just the trousers.  I know that sounds bonkers but it's the same as buying a dress I reckon - you only have one thing to think about (although I would recommend wearing a top maybe but that's all you need to give any thought to).  As opposed to the trousers on their own which necessitates a co-ordinating jacket or coat and then do you match the top to the jacket or the trousers - blah blah blah - just wear matching jacket and trousers and you're set.  Said Cagney.

Starting with my favourite.

Cord Blazer in Rust from & Other Stories £89




And the kick flare cord trousers £49







New Look Co-ord Blazer £34.99





And the trousers £24.99.




All in cord.

Cord Western Shirt from Warehouse £42




Clean Cord A Line Skirt from Warehouse £42



Cord Pocket Detail Skirt £32




However we can also do some colour too.  Somewhere I haven't shopped for years, but strolled in there the other day and was much more impressed than I had expected to be.  Yes, there was a lot of things I would 

Good old Miss Selfridge.

Pink Cord Blazer from Miss Selfridge was £49 now £34.30



Cropped Straight Leg Trouser from Miss Selfridge £38



Or wide leg cropped... also from Miss Selfridge £39




Pink again at & Other Stories - cropped trousers £59



Team with Double Breasted Pink Blazer also at & Other Stories £85



Black Cord Blazer at Miss Selfridge was £49 now £34.30




Black Cropped Flare Cord Jeans from Miss Selfridge £39



Black Cord A line skirt £28




Black at & Other Stories £89



And kick flare trousers £49



Navy at & Other Stories 

Double Breasted Cord Jacket £85



Wide Cord Trousers £69



Baby blue at New Look £34.99



And the matching cropped trousers £24.99




And here I am today.. rocking not a SPOT of cord but it's been ordered and I will be sporting '70s chic as soon as possible.



Jumper - Jo & Co Home (gift current - don't blame me for losing an hour of your life on their website)
Skirt - Essentiel Antwerp (gift current)
Trainers - Ishikawa from Quattro Rish (ss17)
Bag - Hill & Friends (gift aw17)
Sunglasses - Chloe from Very Exclusive (ss17)

So another day and another one of mine returned to school today.  Actually he started a whole new school.  SECONDARY school!  Seeing as it was my medium son who has Asperger's and ADHD and who finding THE right school for, was a completely labour of love (aka a nightmare!)  But we did find, what we think is the most perfect school ever.  Time will tell but the first day went better than anyone could have expected.  He actually told us more about his first day than he did about his entire 7yrs at Primary School.

Last one back tomorrow and then smallest has his 11+ exam.  Suffice to say I am having a diddy sip of wine.... I will be back tomorrow with BEAUTY! 

But in the meantime... how are we feeling about cord and unlocking our internal '70s beast?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

7 comentarios:

  1. Why are all the trousers so short? They just look ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Not keen darling :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. If i wore those brown pieces I would look like a massive pile of Diarrhoea ha ha.

    I do like a structured blazer though!

    Leanne | lemloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just today received a lovely package from Uniqlo with navy wide-legged cropped cords. Of course, because I'm so short they are not so cropped but I'm definitely feeling the cord love. I feel like Annie Hall in them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol their flared ones especially look like they have shrunk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WOW!!! Every time I see your blogs, all I can think to myself is where 'she’s getting ideas. Your style is everything.

    Thanks!!
    embroidery patches

    ReplyDelete
  7. 70s was such a great decade for fashion, food, music, everything. I wish, I was born then. Great pictures and great blog.

    ReplyDelete