And the results are in...

..so, I have now finished my 60 day trial of Seven Seas Perfect7 Renewal Advanced oral supplement and I am back with my thoughts. 

Actually I'm also back with my opinion a couple of weeks after having finished the course which is possibly more interesting. 

So first up, the background.  I was asked by Seven Seas if I would like to team up with them on a project to trial their new Perfect7 Renewal Advanced beauty supplements.  

And why would I do that?  Well, all the preliminary info is on this blog post here but just for ease - here is the scientific bit behind the product. 

Seven Seas Perfect7 Renewal Advanced is the UK's first of its kind beauty supplement to contain Ceramosides (a natural source of ceramides) which is scientifically proven to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles in 60 days, for more hydrated looking skin from within.

C
eramides comprise 50% of the skin's moisture barrier but the levels drop as we age, moisture is lost and the formation of wrinkles can appear.  An easy analogy would be that ceramides make up the main part of the mortar between bricks if bricks were your skin cells.


Perfect7 Renewal Advanced contain 30 x Ceramosides capsules, 30 x multivitamin and mineral tablets to support overall health and well-being and 30 x Seven Seas Omega 3 capsules with DHA to provide additional health benefits. 

And how did I get on with them?

So the main differences I noticed were two huge areas where previously - all the amazing skin care products that I do use - could literally not help at all.  I had also tried cutting down on dairy, gluten, caffeine (maybe not so much the odd glass of wine...) but had seen no improvement whatsoever. 

However after taking the supplements, I saw a vast improvement in the really dry areas of my face that were a constant bane of my life - around my eyes mostly.  I say "vast improvement" when what I actually mean is that it went.  It completely disappeared.  I have literally tried everything else - every potion, cream and balm and nothing topical has had any noticeable effect.

And the second area of difference in my skin is the good old hormonal break out.  The scourge of women from the minute you hit puberty and that gift that just keeps on giving, well into the menopausal years.  For the first time in pretty much as long as I can ever remember, I have not had a pimple on my chin.  This benefit isn't listed on the pack but it's what I've noticed.

I would also say that it didn't take 60 days to see these improvements.  Both of these visible skin irritations cleared up within a matter of weeks - although of course this will be different for different people.

Did I see any other obvious improvements in my skin?  Do I look like Olivia Palermo?  Have the hands of time been turned back?  I have to say, alas no.  BUT what I will say is that I definitely think there has been a "brakes on" effect that has been noticeable.

What do I mean by that?  Well - I usually have my baby botox every 4 months.  I knew this project was coming up and so I held off having done it - the last time being in March  Which means that I won't have had it for almost 8 months.  Which has saved me a whole lot of money and if you can eek out treatments by taking the supplements, then surely that can only be a good thing. 

I will also say, that in the couple of weeks since I have stopped taking the Perfect7 Renewal Advanced, I have started to feel that dreaded itch around my eyes again.  And there have definitely been more than a couple of unwelcome additions in the form of those raging hormonal spots on my chin.  

So am I going to be buying these from now on?  Absolutely... if they continue to work their magic giving me pimple free, clear, healthy looking skin around my eyes and allow me to eek out the Botox, then that's worth the investment for me.

Where can you get them?

The Perfect7 Renewal Advanced is available in Boots stores nationwide or online and they are currently on a 3 for 2 offer.

Each pack costs £39.99 and contains a 30 day supply of Ceramoside capsules, a 30 day supply of Ceramoside capsules, a 30 day supply of the comprehensive multivitamin and mineral tablets to support overall health and well-being and a 30 day supply of the Seven Seas Omega-3 capsules with DHA to provide additional health benefits. 

There is also a Perfect7 Renewal product for £34.99 that contains a 30 day supply of Ceramoside capsules and a 30 day supply of the Seven Seas Omega-3 capsules with DHA to provide additional health benefits.



Skin Photography after 60 days .
Each pack contains a 30-day supply.

DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal vision, DHA contributes to normal brain function. 

Food supplements do not substitute a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. 

This blog post was written in conjunction as part of a paid partnership with Seven Seas but my findings are my own.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comentarios:

  1. I'm extremely sceptical about supplements. We women are so often taken in and fooled by claims both by the beauty and supplement industry. Yes, they may have done a bit of research but all research is open to interpretation and manipulation. You say you have noticed a difference. Could this perhaps be the placebo effect? Could the improvements you notice be the result of something else. £39.99 per month is an awful lot to pay for most women for something that may or may not work

    ReplyDelete