If you pick one top...

I seriously think these tops may save your life in December. 

I'm over it.  I'm done.  Seriously, with three kids, three schools, a full time job, a dog and a husband (who I'm not sure even recognises me - we're like passing ships in the night). 

Well - I say I'm over it but the reality is that the show must go on and...  as Tess and Claudia say... Keeeep dancing. 

But the brain has stopped working when it comes to outfits, so the easiest thing to just pull out is an Out Out top.  With jeans.  With skirts, with trousers.  Or with jeans (can you tell the jeans and top combo is a popular one chez moi).  I'd even crack out the heels to finish the outfit off. 

These also work all year round - yes I know they're sequins but I do feel we need to adopt the mantra - Sequins are for life and not just for Christmas.  You could also wear them during the day for a slightly less dressy approach, yes I'm going to say jeans again and flats or trainers (or ankle boots - whatever floats your boat).

They're also timeless.  I can guarantee you will have these in your wardrobe for years.  For.  Sure. 

And finally - dare I mention the Christmas Day outfit?  Do people have these?  When you want to have something that's dressy but not DRESSY, in an ideal world you would have something a little bit special and if  you can't treat yourself on Christmas Day, when can you?  Personally I'm not a fan of a CHRISTMAS jumper but one that's special for Christmas - oh that will do nicely thank you.  And not even a jumper - but a top (I do have Christmas jumpers up my sleeve, fear not...)

First up - a sparkly number from M&S.  Ok so that's not really selling it but the perfect sequin tee that you will bring out year after year after year.

Embellished Short Neck Blouse from M&S £49.50




Sangeeta Star Embellished Top from Monsoon was £60 now £50




GUTTED that this is sold out in my size.  ARRGGHHH. 

Green Sequin High Neck Top from Wallis was £50 now £25




But then I found this one at Warehouse.  This looks perfect.  I would possibly size up otherwise I feel it could otherwise be a tad "cling wrapped in sequins"... 

Ashish Long Sleeved Sequin Top from Warehouse was £49 now £36.75




A sequin wrap top at & Other Stories. Now most sequin tops are higher of neck.  I don't know why, I'm personally not complaining as they work better for me, but I appreciate that lots prefer a V neck.  TA DAH!  This is surely perfect.  If you look online, you will also see that they have layered it with a black polo neck underneath.  Ideal for those who feel the cold or it also means you can easily rock this for the office.

Sequin Wrap Top from & Other Stories £79




Then we have the more subtle metallic numbers. 

Starting with a gold thread number from Topshop was £35 now £30




Embroidered Notch Neck Blouse from M&S £35




And in the cream... again £35




Metallic Jacquard Lounge Shirt from & Other Stories £59





There is obviously some animal action to, starting with the a bit of snake.

Animal Print Notch Neck Blouse from M&S £27.50




Brushed animal V neck top at Warehouse £39




Subtle take on animal print at & Other Stories. 

Leopard Satin Jacquard Top £49




Similar although not an amimal print but I'm flinging this one in here as it's super super flattering. 

Ruched Jacquard Blouse from & Other Stories £59




Making a statement with this one... and yes, you could be forgiven for thinking this was a Rixo blouse... except for £35.  A friend of mine has this and it is even better in the flesh.


Tiger Print Pussy Bow Blouse from Topshop £35




This however is possibly my favourite. So easy to wear now, for day, for night and into the Spring, with cream or white jeans.  DONE.  Can't quite press buy quickly enough.  I also love the fact that it's a boxy shape so will just sit over your waistband.  You can't actually tuck it in - what could be more perfect than that?  Hiding a multitude of chocolate shaped sins.

Striped Sequin Lounge Shirt from & Other Stories £89




But then there's this one which also vies for the top spot.  More than a hint of Marant about the sleeves with this.  Throw on with jeans, leather pencil skirt, leather trousers - ANY trousers actually (I have some amazing peg leg trousers that would look fabulous with this).

Metallic thread puff sleeve blouse from & Other Stories £49




And here I am in - alas not in a festive top but a jumper and jacket instead.  Donning all the sequins for during the day.  Bring it on...



Jumper - Bella Freud from Black White Denim (current)
Skirt - M&S (3yrs ago)
Blazer - Zara (current)
Bag - APC at Coggles (3yrs ago)
Boots - Grenson from Collen & Clare (AW17)
Glasses - Alexi Amor (current)

So this outfit was worn yesterday for a Press Trip with M&S to see their Archives in Leeds which was amazing.  What was superb for me was that I was at Uni in Leeds and then stayed there to work for a couple of years.  I had totally forgotten how much I absolutely LOVE the city.  Amazing.  Absolutely amazing.  Did I mention that we also saw Mariah in concert last night?  Which was different.... brilliantly odd and brilliantly random and an experience we will definitely never forget!  I had to hot foot it back to London this morning but I will definitely be heading back in the New Year.  

Hope everyone else is faring well throughout this time of madness... does a new top help?  Or at the very least, I hope it's inspired you to dig through that wardrobe and get out that one you bought a couple of years ago, as I know you've got one in there...


Share this:

CONVERSATION

3 comentarios:

  1. Love all of these but went for the sequins from warehouse! Thanks as always for your suggestions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can anyone give me a product code for the black sequin H&M top from Kat's Instagram posts? The one I order online is nothing like it and without a code I can't track one down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS
    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called dr emu, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of dr emu, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him on email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Website Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/
    Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete