The rule of all things Sale

Yes, ALL the sales are upon us so why don't we remind ourselves of the Sales Rules.  These actually don't just apply to the sales.. these are very important in all walks of shopping.  The Rules we shall call them.  

And when it comes to what you actually buy and what you actually wear, whilst I am always of the opinion that, if you like it, wear it.  There really are no rules if we're talking outfits - be it with regards to age or occasion.  I am truly passionate (a strong sentiment but I've considered this and it happens to be true) in letting people find their own styles and wear what is comfortable. 

But I would highly recommend following these rules for your Sales shopping.

1) You must be able to think of three occasions when you can wear item (3 school runs do not count.. 3 different occasions).

2) You must be able to think of three different outfits that you already own that you could fit said item with (do not buy a dress that you need new shoes and a new coat to wear out).

3) If it was at the (reduced) price for full price in Zara, would you buy it?

4) If you're in a changing room (or even at home trying something on) and you prefer what you were previously wearing, do not purchase it. 

There are clearly other pieces of advice that I spew every now and again, but if you follow these four, you are much less likely to purchase a howler.

And today I am looking at knitwear.  As this is something that we, frankly, wear all year round.

So today it's all about the jumper love.  Jumpers you will wear now, into the Spring, even in the Summer on cooler days and back into the Autumn.

And I am starting out with the more random (and pricey) ones that have come to my attention.  Blame it on an excessive consumption of alcohol, sugar and fat.... There are more normal ones at the end, fear not.

This one you could easily wear out for dinner as well.  It would make the world of difference to jeans and heels - instant out out top.  I LOVE.

These are the sort of tops I live to find (appreciate that is slightly dramatic but...!).  For those occasions when you're really not sure what to wear.  Throw on with leather trousers and stilettoes for a smart evening out.  With wide leg trousers and trainers for a casual lunch.  I have just totally talked myself into this. 

(just thought.. leather midi skirt and ankle boots... see??!)



Why on earth am I attracted to this one?  No idea.  But I am.  I love it.  As weird as it is.  Would be perfect if you were a skier.  I was (skied from the age of 2) but am now not.  Realised one day that the mountain was bigger than me and that life is too short.  And that I don't particularly like being cold.  Plus with a child who is on the spectrum it's a LOT of money to risk a disaster of a holiday....




Oversized excess which is probably a total one trip pony but I LOVE it.  And you would have it forever.



20% off at hush and there are two jumpers that I have lived in this Autumn.  Can't recommend them highly enough.

I sized up in this as I wanted it oversized (do remember that I am 5ft 10 though!)





And this one I have in a small - yes it's an investment but it's the perfect thickness to wear out in the evening and not be too warm in.  Ideal with aforementioned anything leather on the bottom.





And this one which is on my wish list going into Spring. 




When it comes to pink - there are two that tick the pink box.

First up - again from hush...



But I can't stop thinking about this one. 




And then a little striped gem from Ganni. 




A cheeky Bella number from their collaboration with Fred Perry. 




However saving the best to last... when it comes to bargain knitwear that looks 10 times (genuinely!) more expensive - oh New Look, you pull it out of the bag. 



Can't find this one online at New Look but they do still have it at ASOS. 



And finally this one.  Would be rude not to for £12...



And finally my outfits from the last couple of days when I could actually be bothered to get dressed... 


Jumper - Zadig & Voltaire (2yrs ago)
Skirt - Ridley London (gift current)
Trainers - Golden Goose from SSense (sale aw 18)


Dress - Vintage from a shop in Thorpeness
Boots - Zara (2yrs ago)
Belt - Zara (current)
Bag - YSL from Selfridges (current)


Jacket - Jigsaw (gift 2yrs ago)
Boots - Kurt Geiger (current)
Belt - Essentiel Antwerp (gift aw18)
Bag -YSL from Selfridges (current)
Scarf - Gucci from Bicester (aw18)

Hope you have all had an amazing Christmas and have the most fabulous New Year's Eve.  I will be back shortly with a new blog format.  WHOOP!  Just putting the final technical touches to it - fear not, it won't be too different just a lot better. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

5 comentarios:

  1. I knew I could rely on you for a great sales edit, and you're totally right, a great sweater can be used year round (barring summers like last years!). Looking forward to seeing new content, and the the blog format. So thanks for 2018 and keeping it real. And here's to 2019 with loads of inspo as well as your humorous content.💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought all 3 of the New Look sweaters! They were all a bargain and I now have to go and speak to a counsellor about my shopping addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the BRILL sale EDIT I'm off to check out ASOS sweaters and purchase the leopard print maxi dress 😁 happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collection is quite good
    i invite you to wirte fashion related blogs for us

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep posting such blogs for and inspiring us
    For birthday wishes related blogs tap on name

    ReplyDelete